Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Weldon looks the much more polished and prepared QB of this years class.

Advertisement
Stafford according to 247 was class of '06 and his stats at UGA are 06-08. So it looks like he started as a true freshman.

[MENTION=145]RiDLer80[/MENTION]... Joe Tereshinski III started off 06' as UGA's starter, Stafford didn't start until the 4th game on. So no, Stafford wasn't handed the keys like this thread suggests is what will happen with Perry. Although I can see Perry taking the job during the season similar to Stafford at UGA in 06'.

I don't think you guys understand that this is not my opinion really. This is based on conversations I've had with people inside who say that Perry is the one who Richt would ultimately like to win the job.

Is this going to be handed to him? Of course not.

Is Perry going to be 100% ready as a starter? No, but he might be better option than anybody else.

The offense will need to be simplified regardless of who starts, for different reasons. They would rather run with one of the young bucks over Rosier because they can groom whoever it is for the next couple years.

Allison will definitely get a look, but Richt wants someone who can make things happen when the play breaks down. Allison has the arm talent, size, and confidence you want in a quarterback, but his feel for the game must improve.

Weldon could have a say too, but the way that Richt has prioritized Perry in this cycle should show you what he thinks about him.

I've said it countless times on here -- Perry was the top overall prospect on Richt's board and that was the first 2017 recruit he called when he got the job. He really believes that this is the dynamic QB Miami needs.

****....then he offered Weldon knowing he would rather have Perry win the job.
Which is why you know what pete says makes no sense.

Also remember the Richt-Weldon family connection.
I do. One more reason why you know he's not misled the kid.

In any case, you're overhyping things, IMO. They may hope Perry proves better than our other options. They may even know enough about our other options to think they're not good options. But they'll all compete, and the best guy will get the job, and I'd Wager Richt won't throw Perry to the wolves unless he's clearly ready. My guess is he'll work Perry in alongside the 'starter' whether that guy is Allison, Rosier or Weldon. But how the competition goes in August will determine it.

I don't think you guys understand that this is not my opinion really. This is based on conversations I've had with people inside who say that Perry is the one who Richt would ultimately like to win the job.

Is Perry going to be 100% ready as a starter? No, but he might be better option than anybody else.

The offense will need to be simplified regardless of who starts, for different reasons. They would rather run with one of the young bucks over Rosier because they can groom whoever it is for the next couple years.

Allison will definitely get a look, but Richt wants someone who can make things happen when the play breaks down. Allison has the arm talent, size, and confidence you want in a quarterback, but his feel for the game must improve.

Weldon could have a say too, but the way that Richt has prioritized Perry in this cycle should show you what he thinks about him.

I've said it countless times on here -- Perry was the top overall prospect on Richt's board and that was the first 2017 recruit he called when he got the job. He really believes that this is the dynamic QB Miami needs.

I mean, you usually don't want to take 1 QB in a class when you know your starter is probably gone after this year.

I mean if he has such a conviction on the guy.
I can't imagine the conversation from Ritch side with Weldon and his parents.
"I think Perry is our future but sure your son will get a chance"

I'm not doubting you info I just find it odd.

Of course he's not saying that to the kid or his parents. This is recruiting

N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

like trayone gray, and all the other legends. Can we just let it play out? Perry will likely not be ready. lets not ruin him. he has alot of potentional.

This really isn't based on an opinion. This is already the talk inside the building. Miami had anticipated Kaaya's decision and Perry is the leader in the clubhouse for the job.

how can you be the leader in the club house...when your not even here ....or an early entry.

The building has been wrong alot lately....ill play the odds he doesnt start game 1. But they will selll it alot to make the current qbs work harder n step their game up...they aint fooling no one. Richt aint starting a 175 pd true freshman qb

Furthermore, if Richt starts a guy who isnt clear the best option, he might risk losing some of the lockeroom(especially defense) if they lose because of it. I remember an interview that some guys werent happy with Golden starting Kaaya when Ryan Williams was ready to go.

Advertisement
Perry
[video]http://www.hudl.com/v/18W863[/video]
Allison
[video]http://www.hudl.com/v/18W50H[/video]

I love Cactus Jack, but the ball doesn't come out of his hand the way it does Perry. Perry has a **** of an arm.

My worry with Perry will be understanding what he is seeing presnap, and being able to go through his progressions if his first option isn't open.

N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

like trayone gray, and all the other legends. Can we just let it play out? Perry will likely not be ready. lets not ruin him. he has alot of potentional.

This really isn't based on an opinion. This is already the talk inside the building. Miami had anticipated Kaaya's decision and Perry is the leader in the clubhouse for the job.

how can you be the leader in the club house...when your not even here ....or an early entry.

The building has been wrong alot lately....ill play the odds he doesnt start game 1. But they will selll it alot to make the current qbs work harder n step their game up...they aint fooling no one. Richt aint starting a 175 pd true freshman qb

Furthermore, if Richt starts a guy who isnt clear the best option, he might risk losing some of the lockeroom(especially defense) if they lose because of it. I remember an interview that some guys werent happy with Golden starting Kaaya when Ryan Williams was ready to go.

Kaaya starting as a true freshman was reported here many times as having created an uneasy atmosphere between players and coaches.

I don't understand how anyone can have a leg up in the QB competition when the competition hasn't even started yet and none of the particpants have taken a single snap in CFB. Makes no sense.

I agree that the information coming from "the building" has been very, very off lately.

Perry might win the job, but I'm just happy we have 3 highly regarded young QBs ready to battle it out. QB is the toughest position to recruit and it's nice know we have more than one to battle it out with one reaching their potential as our QB the next few years.

Advertisement

Kaaya starting as a true freshman was reported here many times as having created an uneasy atmosphere between players and coaches.

I don't understand how anyone can have a leg up in the QB competition when the competition hasn't even started yet and none of the particpants have taken a single snap in CFB. Makes no sense.

So who should they have started that year?

No matter what was made public pete, i have talked with multiple players who all said ryan williams was not only cleared to play, but would have been the much better option for that year

Tate Forcier???

I mean, you usually don't want to take 1 QB in a class when you know your starter is probably gone after this year.

I mean if he has such a conviction on the guy.
I can't imagine the conversation from Ritch side with Weldon and his parents.
"I think Perry is our future but sure your son will get a chance"

I'm not doubting you info I just find it odd.

You find it odd that Richt wants to bring in as much talent at the most important position in football with your starting QB probably leaving for the NFL after the season? So should we only recruit one player for every position?

It's called depth. Oh and another little thing called injuries that happens every once in a while.

Advertisement
Let's reason: Allison and Rosier were pretty good QB's coming out of high school which they played in pretty much the same AA games as Perry and Weldon. To add, between the two Allison and Rosier have at least one full off season workout with the previous staff and both are about to complete a second set of full works under Richt. I remind you that Richt had to prepare both during his tenure as the next QB in case Kaaya had gone down during the season. So basically, if two years of training under Richt didn't prepare them to be ready to start game one 2017 and Weldon gets his 7 months of training in; then tell us just how do you expect Perry to start game one 2017 with four to six weeks max of training under Richt when he's had all this time to get at least one of them ready? That's a bad look on all counts.

Last edited:

Williams wasn't ready in September. Get your facts straight before you go making shīt up.

Advertisement
I'm astounded that some people are finding it hard to believe that a very talented dual-threat QB could be our starter next season. Our last three QB's all started games as true Freshmen.

The best man for the job

Perry
[video]http://www.hudl.com/v/18W863[/video]
Allison
[video]http://www.hudl.com/v/18W50H[/video]

I love Cactus Jack, but the ball doesn't come out of his hand the way it does Perry. Perry has a **** of an arm.

My worry with Perry will be understanding what he is seeing presnap, and being able to go through his progressions if his first option isn't open.

Remember after Notre Dame everything was quick passing so there wasnt much reading. Anyone with athleticism and a decent arm can run a RPO and with a mobile QB the D Ends cant come crashing in all the time which Walton should benefit significantly.

Come on!....a true frosh who sets foot on campus in August....not a good outlook! Don't believe this. Bad idea, imo, if true.

Advertisement
Back