Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Nobody at Greentree is calling Jack Allison a bum. He's a RS Freshman. It was never an expectation that he would come in and be the hands down starter in 2017. There will be a competition at QB and the guy that gives Miami the best chance to win will be the QB. It's that simple.

People like to make things up around here.

No, of course not, but I'll wager that the coaches have a pretty good feel as to what they have on their hands based on practice, film study, etc.

Advertisement
unless perry is the next coming of _______ ...I hope someone else gets the job if we want to compete next year.

It's prolly musical QB early on..... Perry should be ready to take over vs Notre Dame...If not, I'm going with Rosier....without a good OL we definitely need a mobile qb to keep plays/drives alive.

Advertisement
N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.
Kiss of Death. I'm officially congratulating Weldon now on winning the job.

I don't think you guys understand that this is not my opinion really. This is based on conversations I've had with people inside who say that Perry is the one who Richt would ultimately like to win the job.

Is this going to be handed to him? Of course not.

Is Perry going to be 100% ready as a starter? No, but he might be better option than anybody else.

The offense will need to be simplified regardless of who starts, for different reasons. They would rather run with one of the young bucks over Rosier because they can groom whoever it is for the next couple years.

Allison will definitely get a look, but Richt wants someone who can make things happen when the play breaks down. Allison has the arm talent, size, and confidence you want in a quarterback, but his feel for the game must improve.

Weldon could have a say too, but the way that Richt has prioritized Perry in this cycle should show you what he thinks about him.

I've said it countless times on here -- Perry was the top overall prospect on Richt's board and that was the first 2017 recruit he called when he got the job. He really believes that this is the dynamic QB Miami needs.

Advertisement
Richt recruited allison the second he took the Um job.

More like the second He realized Eason wasn't coming to Miami...LOL.
He focused on Allison as a first priority. Not sure why folks are running from that now.

Just because he was already commited. Why didnt richt offer allison at uga?

That's a rodiculous question. Allison committed early to UM. Richt wanted him and made him a priority as soon as he was hired. You guys are inventing an issue that doesn't exost for no reason. Perry was committed to UM under Golden also. Richt rerecruited him, too. Did Richt offer Perry at UGA? Don't recall but doubt it.

I don't think you guys understand that this is not my opinion really. This is based on conversations I've had with people inside who say that Perry is the one who Richt would ultimately like to win the job.

Is Perry going to be 100% ready as a starter? No, but he might be better option than anybody else.

The offense will need to be simplified regardless of who starts, for different reasons. They would rather run with one of the young bucks over Rosier because they can groom whoever it is for the next couple years.

Allison will definitely get a look, but Richt wants someone who can make things happen when the play breaks down. Allison has the arm talent, size, and confidence you want in a quarterback, but his feel for the game must improve.

Weldon could have a say too, but the way that Richt has prioritized Perry in this cycle should show you what he thinks about him.

I've said it countless times on here -- Perry was the top overall prospect on Richt's board and that was the first 2017 recruit he called when he got the job. He really believes that this is the dynamic QB Miami needs.

****....then he offered Weldon knowing he would rather have Perry win the job.

Sounds like you're not reading the discussion, imo.

I'll take you at your word that someone said that to you. You're changing the words around so it's hard to know what the claim really is. Perry hasn't even signed here, let alone gotten admitted, or been to a college class, or a film session, or through a snap in practice. You believe Richt is running around telling people that's who he wants to win the job? Sounds like a very dumb move for a Hc if true. I have a higher regard for Richt than that. Sounds to me more like he's being misquoted here. I don't doubt they've had discussions about what they'd like to see in the offense, which would make sense given Kaaya's weaknesses and our OL's weaknesses, and they're pinning hopes on Perry because that's what happens every single freakin year when the new new thing comes along. Richt will give everyone a fair shot and he will not throw perry out there if he isn't ready and he will try to give the team the best chance of winning. Unless you disagree with any of that, you're over your skis here. I have no doubt someone told you something that led you to post what you did. Just take a deep breath and ask how much real truth there is in it. You're responding to hype from the sound of it.

I mean, you usually don't want to take 1 QB in a class when you know your starter is probably gone after this year.

Advertisement

He was the top overall prospect on richt's board when Richt was at Georgia? Did he recruit perry while at uga?

Which is why you know what pete says makes no sense.

He was the top overall prospect on richt's board when Richt was at Georgia? Did he recruit perry while at uga?

He had Eason lined up there so no

Advertisement

Which is why you know what pete says makes no sense.

Also remember the Richt-Weldon family connection.

N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

like trayone gray, and all the other legends. Can we just let it play out? Perry will likely not be ready. lets not ruin him. he has alot of potentional.

This really isn't based on an opinion. This is already the talk inside the building. Miami had anticipated Kaaya's decision and Perry is the leader in the clubhouse for the job.

how can you be the leader in the club house...when your not even here ....or an early entry.

The building has been wrong alot lately....ill play the odds he doesnt start game 1. But they will selll it alot to make the current qbs work harder n step their game up...they aint fooling no one. Richt aint starting a 175 pd true freshman qb

Word over here on the West coast is that Allison is terrible. Nobody can understand why Miami offered him.
That is the one thing that would make the Perry discussion sensible -- if Richt knows for sure that our other options are **** sandwiches. Hopefully that isn't the case.

I mean, you usually don't want to take 1 QB in a class when you know your starter is probably gone after this year.

I mean if he has such a conviction on the guy.
I can't imagine the conversation from Ritch side with Weldon and his parents.
"I think Perry is our future but sure your son will get a chance"

I'm not doubting you info I just find it odd.

Advertisement
Back