Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Advertisement
Peter info has been so bad of late. I can't even take this serious.

Dudes on here are going to be running with this horse**** up until a guy not named Perry is the starting QB.

Peter info has been so bad of late. I can't even take this serious.

Dudes on here are going to be running with this horse**** up until a guy not named Perry is the starting QB.

Maybe what he is saying is true.

Richt has said that he envisions UM’s next quarterback will have the ability to run. Rosier, Perry and Weldon are all considered mobile, with Perry perhaps having the most upside as a dual-threat quarterback.

Read more here: Miami Hurricanes quarterback Brad Kaaya decides to enter NFL Draft | Miami Herald

Advertisement
Don't know if we have a legit QB in the room right now. Perry will last 2 games if he's forced into action.
Which is why Malik Zaire might make sense for a year. VT is after him now with Evans leaving early.

Zaire is bad

Why does everyone keep talking about Perry as if he's Lamar Jackson? I know he's not Kaaya, but he had 53 carries for 97 yards a senior. He had 95 for 287 as a junior. He's not really a dual threat QB. He's not a statue, but he's not Michael Vick.

Weldon actually had more success running the ball. 174-756 in 2 years and 96-368 his senior year. He was 74-366 as a sophomore.

Based on that alone, Weldon looks to fit into Richt's style more than Perry.

This. Weldon hungry.

I dunno why you guys think the idea of Perry starting is such a bad idea. You can tell how Richt talks about the current QB's that he isn't impressed with any, as of last year. **** he changed the backup QB every week it seemed like. Kaaya did it with a middle school staff. Believe in Richt

Advertisement
Bottom-line: if you are one of these drive by fans who pops a hard one over a high school tape and anoints a kid a starter because of it, then you're completely ignoring one of the reasons why Miami has been nothing for over a decade.

Miami never used to hand jobs to kids; the key to success is competition...brutal competition. It should be so intense that the qb's shouldn't even want be around each other because they are so concentrated on beating one another out. If Richt wants to hand a job to a kid who hasn't even attended prom yet then get him out of my face. That is not how it works. I don't care if he thinks he's got nothing, kids can progress in an off season, and a truly open competition will garner respect in the locker room and give us the best chance to win every game.

In my opinion, there will be an intense battle between Weldon and Allison in the Spring (Maybe Sherrifs, too). Whoever wins that will be in a good position to start day 1. If Perry wants the job then he needs to put in the work. He needs to learn the playbook before he even steps foot on campus in the summer and he needs to makeup all the ground he lost on Weldon and Allison. If he can do that, and only if he has truly shown he is the best man for the job, do you reward him with the starting job.

Bottom-line: if you are one of these drive by fans who pops a hard one over a high school tape and anoints a kid a starter because of it, then you're completely ignoring one of the reasons why Miami has been nothing for over a decade.

Miami never used to hand jobs to kids; the key to success is competition...brutal competition. It should be so intense that the qb's shouldn't even want be around each other because they are so concentrated on beating one another out. If Richt wants to hand a job to a kid who hasn't even attended prom yet then get him out of my face. That is not how it works. I don't care if he thinks he's got nothing, kids can progress in an off season, and a truly open competition will garner respect in the locker room and give us the best chance to win every game.

In my opinion, there will be an intense battle between Weldon and Allison in the Spring (Maybe Sherrifs, too). Whoever wins that will be in a good position to start day 1. If Perry wants the job then he needs to put in the work. He needs to learn the playbook before he even steps foot on campus in the summer and he needs to makeup all the ground he lost on Weldon and Allison. If he can do that, and only if he has truly shown he is the best man for the job, do you reward him with the starting job.

How do you know allison is good? Wasnt that great in high school.

Advertisement

How do you know allison is good? Wasnt that great in high school.

Maybe he isn't, but that does not mean he can't progress. From what we have all heard, he's raw but that does not mean he cannot become the guy next year. My point was we should not anoint someone a starter because competition is the key to success.

Nobody at Greentree is calling Jack Allison a bum. He's a RS Freshman. It was never an expectation that he would come in and be the hands down starter in 2017. There will be a competition at QB and the guy that gives Miami the best chance to win will be the QB. It's that simple.

People like to make things up around here.

No one is going to be handed the job. The coaches would lose credibility, and more importantly, games.

But if it's close, my bet is the tie goes to the QB with the most upside.

Advertisement
N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

He may envision the RPO as his staple and Perry being the best fit, but he clearly recognizes that Perry will be a longshot to win the job his first season on campus. The job may be secured in the spring, whether announced or not. Even if the battle continues to the fall, Richt knows **** well that Perry will be behind the learning curve AND that without ever having competed at this level, that is still a big ? as to whether Perry will have what it takes to QB Miami.

What Richt wants now, and who he picks/decides after competition is the best QB to win in 2017 may be 2 different people.

Im going to go out on a limb and say its Rosier. He can run the RPO and has a gamer mentality. I feel good about him starting out the season. Boy can run and can throw. Quick strong release. People are sleep on Rosier.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

like trayone gray, and all the other legends. Can we just let it play out? Perry will likely not be ready. lets not ruin him. he has alot of potentional.

This really isn't based on an opinion. This is already the talk inside the building. Miami had anticipated Kaaya's decision and Perry is the leader in the clubhouse for the job.

Leader in a clubhouse he's never set foot in?

Right? Forget the clubhouse, he hasn't even tee'd off yet.

Im going to go out on a limb and say its Rosier. He can run the RPO and has a gamer mentality. I feel good about him starting out the season. Boy can run and can throw. Quick strong release. People are sleep on Rosier.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I just don't see it.

Very questionable accuracy, and he has a slow, loopy delivery. He throws like a third baseman making a routine toss to first.

Supposedly he was an INT machine during off-season practice, and barely held off Shireffs and Vinny Jr for the backup spot.

Advertisement
Back