Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

If Perry gets the nod, Allison is gone.

I would edit to say if Perry is successful as a first year starter, Allison may be gone. I doubt he bolts without Perry proving himself in games.

Not how it works these days. See the Bama kid this year. If you're a RS Freshman and lose out to a true freshman, you're transferring.

That's 1 example. It caused so much news because of how unusual it was for the kid to leave mid season. Most people at least wait out the season. You maybe hear of 1 or 2 situations like Bama a year. If Perry starts the first game, there is a decent chance he isn't that great right from the beginning, and Allison may also be only an injury away from playing. There will be plenty of opportunities for him to get his chance. That being said, if Perry is an absolute stud from the beginning, then I'd say it's more likely Allison transfers after the season (still not a guarantee). The chances Jack decides to transfer the second Perry is named week 1 starter are minuscule at best.

Advertisement
Got Richt phucked up...Richt ain't takin' no Ls for no true freshman growing pains, He's never done that as an OC or HC.

This is an important point. What is Richt's history? Did he play freshmen QBs at Georgia? That would give us some perspective on his inclinations.

I'm pretty sure AJ McCarron started all four years at UGA. Maybe Stafford too?

Mccarron went to bama. You talking about murray at uga.

Yeah, my bad. Aaron Murray is who I meant.

Just doing some quick research. According to 247 Aaron Murray was high school class of '09, but his stats on ESPN are for 2010-2013 so it appears he redshirted.

Matthew Stafford according to 247 was class of '06 and his stats at UGA are 06-08. So it looks like he started as a true freshman.

Stafford was the #1 recruit in the country and he was going to start no matter what, so I wouldn't put a ton of stock in that.

I still find it hard to believe Richt would hand the keys to a Top 15-20 team to a 150 pound true freshman.

Advertisement
If Corch Richt is dead set on running the RPO, Perry is the man, no other choice. I dont know why Richt hates the spread, but his hatred of it cost us losses to FSU, UNC and Notre Dame. So, bring on Perry for the love of God.

watching Perry's highlights, I saw spread sets exclusively. So is that the direction of the offense if he's the future?

It says here that Weldon is not to be counted out...

Advertisement
N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now
Evan Sherriff will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. Yes Perry is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and that is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that......

But then El jefe and coach Kool will crab him by the collar and tell him "look at that hellish front 7 preacher boy, we aint got time to waste a year of their skills waiting for your annointed one to develop. Dindnt you see what Clemson did to OSU with their hounds from ****?"

I have no sauces and no insider info, but at the end of the day Richt will make the smart business decision. Games are won during recruiting season. UM cant play the games other do which let them win in recruiting. UM needs to win just enough on the field first so they can win in recruiting and then really win. Evans smarts will probably give us best chance to win. His smarts will beat out all the other's talents.

*Warning* all of the above was total speculation on my part.

Last edited:
This is an important point. What is Richt's history? Did he play freshmen QBs at Georgia? That would give us some perspective on his inclinations.

I'm pretty sure AJ McCarron started all four years at UGA. Maybe Stafford too?

Mccarron went to bama. You talking about murray at uga.

Yeah, my bad. Aaron Murray is who I meant.

Just doing some quick research. According to 247 Aaron Murray was high school class of '09, but his stats on ESPN are for 2010-2013 so it appears he redshirted.

Matthew Stafford according to 247 was class of '06 and his stats at UGA are 06-08. So it looks like he started as a true freshman.

He got hurt in '09 and redshirted. They had a senior, Joe Cox, so no idea if Murray would have beaten him out. Stafford was the first freshman to start for UGA since the 1990s.

Advertisement
******* RPO. This guy had Charlie Ward running the no-huddle spread before it was popular, and now he's addicted to RPO. Sad!

Don't know if we have a legit QB in the room right now. Perry will last 2 games if he's forced into action.
Which is why Malik Zaire might make sense for a year. VT is after him now with Evans leaving early.

Advertisement
He's a talented guy, but his weight is not. The talk you hear around there is simply to give the guys on the roster a kick in the ***.

He's a talented guy, but his weight is not. The talk you hear around there is simply to give the guys on the roster a kick in the ***.

No. The guys on the roster are just not that good. None of them would start at another big program.

Richt doesn't seem to be impressed with any of our remaining QB's. Open competition coming and I predict either Rosier or Allen starts the season but midway either Weldon or Perry, maybe a combination, takes over the team after getting up to speed with the playbook, etc.

Advertisement
Back