Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

I do think it is interesting that Perry is the front runner. I just want to win, so whoever can lead us to the end zone gets my vote. I do think that the perception will be we aren't a pro style offense if Perry is in fact mobile. I wouldnt say Tebow, Manzell and RG3 ran pro style systems, and they ended up being fine. So maybe this is the turning of the page for us.

Advertisement
This kid is nowhere near ready to start at a Power 5 school based on the 15-16 minutes of Jr. highlights on his hudl account. He's mobile and makes a lot of impressive throws but the same could be said about Blaine Gabbert. Like Gabbert he's not (yet) an anticipation passer and he's very frenetic in the pocket. Many of his "highlights" involved him panicking, dropping his eyes and fleeing from a secure pocket like a chicken with his head cut off. On 3rd and long vs. FSU or CU behind the OL we saw this year...this kid would be a disaster.

Don't get me wrong this kid has upside and Blaine Gabbert was still a productive college QB in a spread offense with playmakers, but Perry needs a redshirt to work on his footwork, pocket fundamentals and to adjust mentally, among other things. It takes more than a little mobility and throwing ability to step in, start and succeed as a true freshman. Ariz is driving the hype train on this kid way out of control. Last time I remember a project this overhyped on here was Trayone Gray and the fanbase is still scratching their heads as to why he's done nothing at Miami. Leave the evaluating to the evaluators, not the reporters.

Gray, Berrios, Cager, even Kaaya were all overhyped on this board.

Ariz gets his information about actual practice from people. He isn't there watching 11 on 11 from what I can tell. I wasn't accusing you as an individual. He appears to talk to multiple people. Practice reports can be misleading or shaped by a person's bias. I'm not pointing to you specifically. Just stating we've heard consistently about how good Kaaya looks in practice from multiple people and that play doesn't translate to the field consistently. We've heard about how bad Rosier is and who's passing him from others and it hasn't played out that way either.

I know one observer who told us he was shocked Rosier won the backup job. If he was so shocked by that what is he actually seeing?

The last time there was a QB battle, who was the only "observer" telling you that Kaaya was thoroughly outplaying Heaps?

Rosier is inaccurate. That's why he was in a dogfight with a walk-on for the backup job. I don't think he's a Miami starter but I've been wrong before.

Advertisement
Allison was highly rated by espn, under armour all american, and had a bama offer. you guys are writing him off too soon.

Ariz gets his information about actual practice from people. He isn't there watching 11 on 11 from what I can tell. I wasn't accusing you as an individual. He appears to talk to multiple people. Practice reports can be misleading or shaped by a person's bias. I'm not pointing to you specifically. Just stating we've heard consistently about how good Kaaya looks in practice from multiple people and that play doesn't translate to the field consistently. We've heard about how bad Rosier is and who's passing him from others and it hasn't played out that way either.

I know one observer who told us he was shocked Rosier won the backup job. If he was so shocked by that what is he actually seeing?

The last time there was a QB battle, who was the only "observer" telling you that Kaaya was thoroughly outplaying Heaps?

Rosier is inaccurate. That's why he was in a dogfight with a walk-on for the backup job. I don't think he's a Miami starter but I've been wrong before.

Only time I saw him play vs DUke he looked accurate to me , played a good game on the road vs a ranked duke team with no running game to help him..He made some big time throws...HE could easily cure our 3rd down conversion problem by using his legs. I just cant see Perry coming in the summer and starting game #1

Another thing to keep in mind is that perry and weldon are richt's qbs. He didnt offer rosier, didnt offer allison, and sheriffs is from georgia and richt didnt offer him.

Advertisement
Allison was highly rated by espn, under armour all american, and had a bama offer. you guys are writing him off too soon.

Allison didnt have a real Bama offer and he looked horrible in the scrimmage I saw...

Only time I saw him play vs DUke he looked accurate to me , played a good game on the road vs a ranked duke team with no running game to help him..He made some big time throws...HE could easily cure our 3rd down conversion problem by using his legs. I just cant see Perry coming in the summer and starting game #1

I could see a scenario where Rosier starts the first couple games rotating with a young guy. Just don't see him as a long-term answer based on what I've seen.

Another thing to keep in mind is that perry and weldon are richt's qbs. He didnt offer rosier, didnt offer allison, and sheriffs is from georgia and richt didnt offer him.

Richt recruited allison the second he took the Um job. If you want to point out that he had previously committed to golden, well, so did perry.

Advertisement
I'm not doubting that this is the talk and what Pete has heard. Having said that, I wouldn't put money on Perry being the starter game 1. Perry needs to gain good weight and strength plus adjust to the speed of the college game. At this point I would think that one of Allison or Shirreffs is the starter come game 1 and likely for the entire 2017 season. I'm a huge fan of Nkosi Perry but I think he needs a redshirt and don't buy that he will be ready or the clear cut no1 by fall for that matter.

He didn't offer David Greene either, named Him the starter over a QB He offered (DJ Shockley).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back