Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Advertisement
Lamar Jackson didnt start as a true freshman

Started 8 games including the bowl and played in 12.

But why are we comparing him to Lamar? Just based on size? Lamar is a burner is he not? I dont think Perry is in the same class as him as far as speed goes.

I agree, they are different players. Lamar is a runner and Perry is more of a run-to-throw guy like Bridgewater.

The reason I compared their situations is because they are both skinny and neither guy had a personal QB coach like Kaaya or an opportunity to enroll early.

If you like Perry then you should really LOVE Weldon. He's bigger, stronger, might be faster, but a better runner, has put up really good numbers with very average talent around him playing some big boy football. Plus he goes through 5 months of the program before Perry sets foot. Weldon runs with this thing i predict.

Then again i predicted UDub and OSU so what do i know?

Last edited:
N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

RPO or zone read? Big difference in skill-set.

Advertisement
I'm not gonna bring up your recent prediction record pete, but my question is now, who transfers? Cause one of these dudes will not be OK sitting behind a late enrollee?

[MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] did you see anything out of Allison that leads you to believe he could be the guy next year?

Miami will win 7 games max if Perry is the starting QB in 2017

And you know this how? The offense has talent to compliment him and the defense should do work. He'll have growing pains but so will any other QB on the roster.

N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

Gotta say pete, of all the things you could put yourself out there to predict, this one is a head-scratcher.

Advertisement
Richt wants the best of the 5 to be his QB. Crazy competition and I don't think any of the 5 are automatically ruled out. Love to see some handicap this. I'd say:

Rosier 3-1
Perry 7-2
Allison 7-2
Shireffs 5-1
Weldon 15-1
Testeverde 20-1

Gad, now those are generous numbers, with nobody lower than 3-1. I can tell you've never been an oddsmaker. Those guys learn to make everybody 4/5 in a category like this. Who cares it it's a ripoff when you'll draw action anyway?

Speaking of math and probability, Kaaya's decision takes a big bite out of our preseason ranking. We were going to be ranked within the Top 15 or 20 with him returning as starter. Now we naturally take a slide.

I realize fans love to mock preseason ratings. Meanwhile, they are gold. My bowl betting system had another great year using preseason numbers to overrule regular season irrelevancy. It's like a 5 star recruit compared to 4, and 4 compared to 3, etc. No kidding there will be errors, and they receive the public attention and ridicule. Bottom line the higher you are ranked in preseason the greater your likelihood to have an excellent season.

And won't make it through the 1st game. The kid already severely overrated by Canes fans and now people expect him to start with his paper thin frame.

The silver lining is that whoever wins the QB job they aren't getting the keys to a beater. They will have an experienced o-line, a 1000 yard RB, an all-American WR, and a legit TE. That, and a defense that would give even limited offenses a chance to win games. All these kids are more mobile than Brad. They just need to run the offense, and get the ball to the weapons they have, and we can win games in 2017.

Advertisement
Lol Pete hasn't been right since he predicted Deon Bush to Miami. Maybe Doherty thinks Perry will start, but I can guarantee that is the last thing on CMRs mind. We have 3 guys who know the offense and an EE who will get snaps in the summer. It's very unlikely that Perry beats out 4 guys. He may beat out 2, maybe 3, but not all.

This isn't like the Kaaya situation. Kaaya was competing with Heaps and RW... And RW.tore his ACL

I don't get this if true. I hope it is not true.
This is strange on many levels.
First, if we are so much for RPO what's wrong with an experienced senior who is very capable of run RPO offense, has playing experience, physically ready and has shown his ability to earn the respect of the team and win a conference game?

Second, why throw a talented skinny kid who has so much potential in the fire when he hasn't enrolled early to learn the offense and still not physically strong enough to take the beating a running QB takes?
I will say this: I don't believe this is the thinking of an experienced smart coach like Richt. Sorry Pete. We will revisit this for sure in 9 months and I will eat crow if I'm wrong.

Advertisement
I have officially jumped off the Pete Ariz bandwagon

This guy is phucking nuts

I looked at his highlight reel for 2 minutes and knew this guy was a project

jesus christ

Ariz was talking about Rosier getting pushed out last offseason and not only did it not happen he was the runaway backup.

Well he can't be blamed completely for that. He gets that stuff from @DMoney @LuCane among others who actually get to watch practice. Not the first 15 minutes of stretching and individual drills. We were told how great Kaaya looked this spring and fall too. None of that accounts for what happens when he actually gets hit. I've seen Rosier play once when he knew he was gonna start and he played better than fine on the road. Maybe that guy is an awful practice player.
Whoa, whoa. I've been fairly even on Kaaya - even somewhat harsh at times. I talked up his accuracy this fall because that's exactly what he showed. I also have been insanely consistent about mentioning issues with movement in the pocket and how practice is non-contact.

Rosier was very inaccurate this fall when I watched. That's a fact. That doesn't mean the other guys were any better. Please don't suddenly start saying we said things we did not. I'll be glad to stand by anything you quote.

Ariz gets his information about actual practice from people. He isn't there watching 11 on 11 from what I can tell. I wasn't accusing you as an individual. He appears to talk to multiple people. Practice reports can be misleading or shaped by a person's bias. I'm not pointing to you specifically. Just stating we've heard consistently about how good Kaaya looks in practice from multiple people and that play doesn't translate to the field consistently. We've heard about how bad Rosier is and who's passing him from others and it hasn't played out that way either.

I know one observer who told us he was shocked Rosier won the backup job. If he was so shocked by that what is he actually seeing?

Lamar Jackson didnt start as a true freshman

Started 8 games including the bowl and played in 12.

He started playin gafter they started losing games and he wasnt that impressive either..DMoney didnt Pete tell you guys that Rosier was doing horrible and wouldnt be the backup QB in August? Its amaing how much faith we put in this dude... I think Pete is making sure Perry stays in our crootin class because what he is saying is the biggest crock of **** ive ever heard

Dude you were wrong. I don't know why some of you guys just can't take an L when you were obviously wrong. Now you're changing your argument since you were proven wrong.

Jackson played all year and took over full time after a few games.

Man please I meant Lamar Jackson did not come in and when the starting Postion first game I gambled on Louisville all that year it was the dude Bonnafon,,,who won the starting job

Lamar jackson played game 1 vs auburn.

Advertisement
Back