Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

This I'd true but something about perry always looking to make a play throwing it he super poised he doesn't get nervous. He doesn't have that nervous running in the pocket he has that Russell Wilson dak type of scramble ability. Some guys run and just go this guy is thinking out there and patient as fuq. Perry will be a beast I think
He is patient as fuq. If Brad stayed it may have been tough for anyone to beat out perry in 2018. But Cade getting here in a couple of days I think gives him the edge in this and time to really separate himself.

Advertisement
I have officially jumped off the Pete Ariz bandwagon

This guy is phucking nuts

I looked at his highlight reel for 2 minutes and knew this guy was a project

jesus christ

Ariz was talking about Rosier getting pushed out last offseason and not only did it not happen he was the runaway backup.

Well he can't be blamed completely for that. He gets that stuff from @DMoney @LuCane among others who actually get to watch practice. Not the first 15 minutes of stretching and individual drills. We were told how great Kaaya looked this spring and fall too. None of that accounts for what happens when he actually gets hit. I've seen Rosier play once when he knew he was gonna start and he played better than fine on the road. Maybe that guy is an awful practice player.
Whoa, whoa. I've been fairly even on Kaaya - even somewhat harsh at times. I talked up his accuracy this fall because that's exactly what he showed. I also have been insanely consistent about mentioning issues with movement in the pocket and how practice is non-contact.

Rosier was very inaccurate this fall when I watched. That's a fact. That doesn't mean the other guys were any better. Please don't suddenly start saying we said things we did not. I'll be glad to stand by anything you quote.

Ariz gets his information about actual practice from people. He isn't there watching 11 on 11 from what I can tell. I wasn't accusing you as an individual. He appears to talk to multiple people. Practice reports can be misleading or shaped by a person's bias. I'm not pointing to you specifically. Just stating we've heard consistently about how good Kaaya looks in practice from multiple people and that play doesn't translate to the field consistently. We've heard about how bad Rosier is and who's passing him from others and it hasn't played out that way either.

I know one observer who told us he was shocked Rosier won the backup job. If he was so shocked by that what is he actually seeing?
Got it. I didn't get to watch as much as others, but when I did, Rosier really didn't look good in the passing game. I have a problem judging QBs wearing non-contact jerseys. Will always throw a qualifier when that's the case.

I just don't see it. kayaa was an anomaly that only happened because Williams blew out his knee. if he was coming in January maybe. by then Weldon, Allison and sheriffs will all have more knowledge of the offense.

if Weldon or perry wins qb job I am sure u can expect Allison to transfer and I keep forgetting testaverde jr in qb race.

Senior Year Stats according to MaxPreps:

Nkoski Perry 106comp/164att=64.6% for 1,778yrds 16.8ypc 24TD to 4INT 130.5QBrating .... 53rushes for 97yrds and 4TDs
Cade Weldon 169comp/276att=61.2% for 3,135yrds 18.6ypc 19TD to 11INT 106.8QBrating.... 96rushes for 368yrds and 11TDs

Perry ran a lot more as a junior (95rushes for 287yrds and 11TDs). Basically Weldon can also run, but he definitely throws more picks than Perry does.
But I think Perry has a better arm too. One thing I definitely like about Weldon is his release quickness, when he decides to throw the ball its out of his hands immediately. Perrys release is slower for sure.

Advertisement
Richt wants the best of the 5 to be his QB. Crazy competition and I don't think any of the 5 are automatically ruled out. Love to see some handicap this. I'd say:

Rosier 3-1
Perry 7-2
Allison 7-2
Shireffs 5-1
Weldon 15-1
Testeverde 20-1

Rosier barely beat out Testaverde for 2nd string according to news reports out of fall camp. You are either overrating him or underrating Testaverde.

This kid is nowhere near ready to start at a Power 5 school based on the 15-16 minutes of Jr. highlights on his hudl account. He's mobile and makes a lot of impressive throws but the same could be said about Blaine Gabbert. Like Gabbert he's not (yet) an anticipation passer and he's very frenetic in the pocket. Many of his "highlights" involved him panicking, dropping his eyes and fleeing from a secure pocket like a chicken with his head cut off. On 3rd and long vs. FSU or CU behind the OL we saw this year...this kid would be a disaster.

Don't get me wrong this kid has upside and Blaine Gabbert was still a productive college QB in a spread offense with playmakers, but Perry needs a redshirt to work on his footwork, pocket fundamentals and to adjust mentally, among other things. It takes more than a little mobility and throwing ability to step in, start and succeed as a true freshman. Ariz is driving the hype train on this kid way out of control. Last time I remember a project this overhyped on here was Trayone Gray and the fanbase is still scratching their heads as to why he's done nothing at Miami. Leave the evaluating to the evaluators, not the reporters.

Several posts have already pointed out the strongest factor against Perry starting in Game 1. He is not enrolling early. All of the current QBs plus Weldin will have a head start. However, if the first choice falters, look for Perry to finish the season as the starting QB.

Advertisement
wish he would have stayed.... but watch my words i seen this freshman sam donald tonight move in and out of the pocket better than anyone this year. kaaya has no foot work or pocket presence so i don't blame him to leave this year next year is a stronger class, but he still should have stayed.

Can you ******** stop comparing Perry to Lamar Jackson in terms of style of play. Richt isn't looking for a run first qb. It's why Weldon's mobility over Perry's may not be as big of a factor as some think.

I predict whoever has command of the offense and runs it best will get the job. I wouldn't be surprised if Richt has his hopes hanging on Perry based on tape but as we all know that can change if someone steps up and is simply better than Perry.

I have no say or prediction when it comes to the starting qb for 2017. But as some of you know I live in tampa and went to go see Weldon and Perry play. With that being said I personally thought Weldon looked better as a qb. He looked faster had more control of the offense and since his dad was a nfl qb could tell he had much better tecnique. Perry is very accurate but he is not really that mobile. He can move around the pocket but don't see him as a dual threat qb. Also don't know how this translates to what we need from a qb but I would compare perry to jacoby as far as leadership goes. (Only saw him once so maybe I just caught him on a down game). Weldon has way more fire and everyone on his team looks to him for his fired leadership. I want to reiterate I am not predicting whole will start just thought I would share what I have seen in person. GO CANES

Advertisement
Several posts have already pointed out the strongest factor against Perry starting in Game 1. He is not enrolling early. All of the current QBs plus Weldin will have a head start. However, if the first choice falters, look for Perry to finish the season as the starting QB.

We can digest that a lot better.

Senior Year Stats according to MaxPreps:

Nkoski Perry 106comp/164att=64.6% for 1,778yrds 16.8ypc 24TD to 4INT 130.5QBrating .... 53rushes for 97yrds and 4TDs
Cade Weldon 169comp/276att=61.2% for 3,135yrds 18.6ypc 19TD to 11INT 106.8QBrating.... 96rushes for 368yrds and 11TDs

Perry ran a lot more as a junior (95rushes for 287yrds and 11TDs). Basically Weldon can also run, but he definitely throws more picks than Perry does.
But I think Perry has a better arm too. One thing I definitely like about Weldon is his release quickness, when he decides to throw the ball its out of his hands immediately. Perrys release is slower for sure.

Weldon's arm looks stronger. He has a cannon. Also I think people are forgetting that CMR has a relationship with Weldon and his father. Weldon's dad was coached by CMR at FSU, and that may play a part. We will see but I dont think this is Perry's job to lose, I think this is a competition and may the best man win.

N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

like trayone gray, and all the other legends. Can we just let it play out? Perry will likely not be ready. lets not ruin him. he has alot of potentional.

This really isn't based on an opinion. This is already the talk inside the building. Miami had anticipated Kaaya's decision and Perry is the leader in the clubhouse for the job.

What about Jack allison? Is he getting left behind by the staff? I tend to lean more that it'll be a real competition between he 2 of them. Cade gets a redshirt and competes with Rosier for 3rd string? Total guesses but I feel like Perry would be a no brainer if he made it in the spring... Do you think he's overall at a better spot than Kaaya was when he got here? Or at least more so for Richts Offense?

No true freshman QB is a no-brainer. Difficult position with a huge jump in competition.

That is my worry as well. I think overall we could win more next year with Rosier. But I do not believe he would be ideal. I think Richt will push either Perry or Allison to grow. Personally I would like to see Allison come into his own in the spring, if he can't I believe it'll be Perrys job to lose simply because I believe Richt will go with the young talent to grow with the team. We will see but I would say it'll be one of the two.

Advertisement
N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

I hope not

If Perry were an EE, I could see it being a real competition. But this sounds more like motivation for the guys already on roster.

I know Kaaya started and came in over the summer. But that was after Baby Jesus smoked too much dope, Williams tore his ACL and Heaps transferred in only to fail miserably in practice and scrimmages. Today, we have 3 scholarship QBs on campus (Rosier, Allison, Shirreffs), and 1 who will be here in a week or two (Weldon). Perry needs Tonya Harding's hitman to repeat what happened with Kaaya.

like trayone gray, and all the other legends. Can we just let it play out? Perry will likely not be ready. lets not ruin him. he has alot of potentional.

This really isn't based on an opinion. This is already the talk inside the building. Miami had anticipated Kaaya's decision and Perry is the leader in the clubhouse for the job.
The 'leader'?

He hasn't even signed his LOI yet. Isn't enrolled. Hasn't taken a snap in practice. But he's the openly discussed 'leader' for the job?

You really believe that?

How about, they're excited about him, and the starting QB will be picked in August, and no one knows if Perry will be ready?

Started 8 games including the bowl and played in 12.

He started playin gafter they started losing games and he wasnt that impressive either..DMoney didnt Pete tell you guys that Rosier was doing horrible and wouldnt be the backup QB in August? Its amaing how much faith we put in this dude... I think Pete is making sure Perry stays in our crootin class because what he is saying is the biggest crock of **** ive ever heard

Dude you were wrong. I don't know why some of you guys just can't take an L when you were obviously wrong. Now you're changing your argument since you were proven wrong.

Jackson played all year and took over full time after a few games.

Man please I meant Lamar Jackson did not come in and when the starting Postion first game I gambled on Louisville all that year it was the dude Bonnafon,,,who won the starting job

Lamar jackson played game 1 vs auburn.

Yea I know they put him and Bonnafon in the game at same time and Lmar threw a pick n the 1st play of the game... He played musical chairs with them threw out the year and eventually setlled on Lamar..and Bonnafon moved to WR. Lamar had some bad games early almost beat Houston and CLemson last year won me some money.....but he didnt win the position hands down..Bonnafon was horrible

Advertisement
Back