2025 Vernell "Trey" Brown III 4* WR from Orlando Evans [commits to UiF]

Guess I just don't get the whole legacy thing. I understand wanting to play for your family's school, but at the end of the day, the kid should be able to go where he wants without all the family pressure.
**** it didn't work for Pickett

Advertisement
this kid wouldnt flip if they won 1 game this year. This is a legacy lock as tight as could be
Agree. Some kids are diehard for their team even if the future looks to be very bleak. He will probably go through most of his college career on a 500 team but he will make his family proud in the end.

What happens when Billy gets canned? He still have a job there?
Idk. I didn't read enough to know if he already had the job before Billy got there or not.

But I see plenty of folks saying he's going to be a gaytor no matter the outcome of their season.... so I guess it doesn't even matter lol

Advertisement
Live look at Gator fans/coaching staff going from the 70th to 60th ranked recruiting class:

Lets Go Sport GIF by NBA

Advertisement
This might become important later in VB's recruitment. @Rellyrell , could this be the rare case where Adidas helps us?

Absolutely; although, it’s not uncommon for these kids to have NIL deals w/ one brand, but play for a school that’s sponsored by another.

Some recent examples:

-Cavinder Twins: NIL w/ UA plays for Miami (Adidas)

-Angel Reese: NIL w/ Reebok played for LSU (Nike)

-Cameron Brink: NIL w/ NB played for Stanford (Nike)

-Hailey Van Lith: NIL w/ Adidas played for LSU & TCU (Nike)

-Ian Jackson: NIL w/ Adidas committed to UNC (Jordan)

-Karter Knox: NIL w/ Adidas committed to Arkansas (Nike)

So can it help? Absolutely; however, Adidas’ biggest interest is future, meaning at the next level. Nike’s NIL r very much contingent on that player representing a Nike branded school & the future. All Nike NIL athletes attend strictly Nike schools.

Bronny James - Committed to USC
Caitlin Clark - Went to Iowa
Thompson Sisters - Committed to Stanford b4 going pro
Reilyn Turner - Went to UCLA
Simone Jackson - Went to USC
Charles Hicks - Went to Stanford
Juju Watkins - Committed to USC
DJ Wagner - Committed to UK now Arkansas
Kiki Rice - Went to UCLA

Two different mindset from two different companies, my brotha. So of course this can help us, but history have shown Adidas care more about what can u do for us if or when u turn professional vs. representing a collegiate program. However, anything can help.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back