TVD is practicing

Advertisement
Once it hits your hands it’s your job to have the hand strength to hold on to it and tuck it away. There’s actual workouts that wr’s do to build hand strength. If the db rips / knocks it out you lost and he won. That simple.
Thats true, but its needless to say that these late punches are a work of art. I dont want to know how often a late punch by a Belichick-coached DB has made the difference.

But who gives a **** about that play, we ******* won lol

Once it hits your hands it’s your job to have the hand strength to hold on to it and tuck it away. There’s actual workouts that wr’s do to build hand strength. If the db rips / knocks it out you lost and he won. That simple.
Thank you....

I've voiced my opinion of confidence in starting Emory Williams against UVA at home. Others have stated their opinion on the other side of my opinion. im not going to turn this into an ever-long debate on the subject, but I do want to add one additional point.

From inside the stadium you can see the routes being run downfield unlike watching on TV. One of the things that caught my eye was the Emory Williams threw the ball to (what I believed was) the correct read every time he threw it. I dont recall him ever throwing into double coverage or making a throw where we thought to ourselves, "Where the **** was he going with that one?" Even when he was shaky early on, he still made the correct reads on his downfield throws.

Again, I think the talent & speed differential between Clemson and UVA on the defensive side of the ball will be night and day. I'd luv to see what Williams could do with a second consecutive start.

Thats true, but its needless to say that these late punches are a work of art. I dont want to know how often a late punch by a Belichick-coached DB has made the difference.

But who gives a **** about that play, we ******* won lol
Chuck taught these (Lol) so-called punch-outs at UM his entire tenure. This isn't something Earth Shattering or new my man.

Advertisement
Chuck taught these (Lol) so-called punch-outs at UM his entire tenure. This isn't something Earth Shattering or new my man.
Yet people call it a drop when it's not.

I also never said it's earth shattering. A well run Counter is also not earth shattering, but you know **** well I throw my phone in the air when I see it.

I've voiced my opinion of confidence in starting Emory Williams against UVA at home. Others have stated their opinion on the other side of my opinion. im not going to turn this into an ever-long debate on the subject, but I do want to add one additional point.

From inside the stadium you can see the routes being run downfield unlike watching on TV. One of the things that caught my eye was the Emory Williams threw the ball to (what I believed was) the correct read every time he threw it. I dont recall him ever throwing into double coverage or making a throw where we thought to ourselves, "Where the **** was he going with that one?" Even when he was shaky early on, he still made the correct reads on his downfield throws.

Again, I think the talent & speed differential between Clemson and UVA on the defensive side of the ball will be night and day. I'd luv to see what Williams could do with a second consecutive start.
In the first half, he threw some balls that were late or didn't have the best accuracy but nothing in danger of being turned over. The second half he was nearly flawless of what they asked of him. Miami was down 10 in the 4th, and he led us down the field twice when it mattered to get us within a FG, and then the FG tying drive.

Yet people call it a drop when it's not.

I also never said it's earth shattering. A well run Counter is also not earth shattering, but you know **** well I throw my phone in the air when I see it.
@Cribby was 100% correct in his assessment on an earlier post. Got to catch that regardless of what a DB does.

How many yard per pass attempt? How many yards per completion? How many passes attempts/completed that traveled 20+ yards through the air? How many attempts/completions to the middle third?

Therein lies the answer.

Aside from B. Smith's 80 yard run, we averaged 3.3 yards per carry for the game. This was a tough defense. Emory performed admirably for a true freshman making his first start. Think about your mindset coming into that game knowing that Williams was getting the start. Did you really think we had a chance to win? Did you expect him to throw 3 INT's? Most folks did because that's the traditional thinking.

I have no doubt that he would perform much better if given a second consecutive start, especially against a notably slower defense. Moot point, I suppose.

Advertisement
In my opinion it was....especially from an 18yr old freshman starting his 1st game.
Tyler has had multiple this year that have been outstanding elite throws. Emory threw a great ball. But it’s not really a comparison.

Vs Unc wheel rout by JG.

1st. Tyler is staring down a defender in his eyes. He winds up to throw. On the top right, you can see JG bearly even breaking into his vertical stem off of his wheel route.

1B5FEB15-DB07-4D7B-A58E-0B32208180DA.png

Look at the defender position and the ball. Defense is still 2 yards ahead oh JG. Ball has just been let out and is 5-10 yards still behind the receiver. So, the ball is thrown VERY early in the route.
745A73AB-2231-45C4-AD34-A6A48A885796.png

BALL PLACEMENT
C81DD7BE-A762-460D-BAEF-34CBB7182F5B.png

And look at the hit Tyler takes
467BAA7A-D3C9-4789-819F-7D6BB7E3BF70.png

Then I’ll make this short. Look at X and defenders at start of throw. And ball placement.
8C270069-13E0-45EE-A3E2-0BB8E36BF768.png

E767CA86-F97F-4E28-B055-24DBE7D6D2EE.png

I like EW. He’s gonna be a great one. But let’s be serious

Wasn’t Emory‘s longest pass play a woefully underthrown ball that the CY made a great comeback/catch for?

Those are the kind of passes that get intercepted all the time. That ball gets intercepted and we lose the game. Not putting Emory down, I think he’s done a great job, considering he’s a TF, but let’s get real about who the better quarterback is.

You start TVD all day long if he can go. And if he can get injured this week, he can get injured next week.

This “lets start him so he doesn’t go back in and get injured this week” is pure nonsense. You could hold him out this week and in one more week he could get just as injured. It makes no difference. Faulty logic.
I believe TVD should definitely start if 100% only, especially with huge games coming up. I do believe this game is big from a winning standpoint, but Louisville and FSfU are obviously huge, and we need all we can to be healthy. I still think whatever he has on his throwing finger is not helping either.

I expect to beat Va no matter who is qb, regardless of the spread and if we cover or not.

On Emory's 'woefully ' underthrown ball, I have zero issue with it since cb's rarely are turned around to see the ball flight. TVD and Rambo had huge success with 50/50 throws because of this. Young adjusted and made a great play. I watched the Steelers this past weekend do it with Pickett and Pickens successfully. You also get some PI calls also since cb is not looking back at the ball.

EW did what he had to, and to start against a D like Clemson's and win, showed me alot. Our O line is beastly and has helped both QB's greatly this season from a comfort standpoint in the pocket.

Tyler has had multiple this year that have been outstanding elite throws. Emory threw a great ball. But it’s not really a comparison.

Vs Unc wheel rout by JG.

1st. Tyler is staring down a defender in his eyes. He winds up to throw. On the top right, you can see JG bearly even breaking into his vertical stem off of his wheel route.

View attachment 262852

Look at the defender position and the ball. Defense is still 2 yards ahead oh JG. Ball has just been let out and is 5-10 yards still behind the receiver. So, the ball is thrown VERY early in the route.
View attachment 262853

BALL PLACEMENT
View attachment 262854

View attachment 262855

Then I’ll make this short. Look at X and defenders at start of throw. And ball placement.
View attachment 262856
View attachment 262857

He's 18 F-ing yrs old...facing an excellent defense, and not ONCE throwing into dbl or triple coverage.

Advertisement

TVD is QB1 and if he is healthy enough to play well he is the starter. Simple as that. You play the guys that give you the best chance to win once you get in conference play.

I liked what I saw from Emory, especially the intangible stuff and considering he is a true freshman. Lets pump the brakes though, he struggled with some reads, tossed an int when he had others open, had a super conservative game plan with half his throws being screens and he totaled just 150 yards passing. If TVD had a game like that we would have his head on a spike.

Vs Unc wheel rout by JG.

View attachment 262852

View attachment 262853

BALL PLACEMENT
View attachment 262854

View attachment 262855

View attachment 262856
View attachment 262857

That throw to Jalcoby was an elite elite throw. Dude running full speed ready to drill you and stands there and takes it on 100 % was his best throw this year.

Advertisement
Back