TVD is practicing

Advertisement
Correct.

The one against UNC was to George as well, as were 2 of the 3 against GT.

Know what’s funny? On the one at UNC that essentially ended the game, guess who was absolutely wide open for an easy 8-10 yard gain on the throw to George that got picked?

Xavier Restrepo.

This nonsense that he just looks at X on every play is typical laundry bro message board fanboy just reading something they read somewhere and running with it. TVD has thrown 4 interceptions this season targeting Jacolby, far more than any other player.
And at least half of those were George’s fault

I’ve been slurping JG a lot this year but targeting him leads to some int’s . He does run wrong routes or gives up on routes like he did Saturday.
He’s one of the most frustrating players in recent memory. Similar to JW last year. Does some incredible things but does some incredibly dumb/bad things

For the Canes coaches, it may have been a blessing in disguise to have TVD watch Emory face the best defense on our schedule and the Canes pull out the win. It lets TVD know that the team can win without him, and that TVD needs to focus more on the little things and leadership traits that Coaches want.

i do not doubt TVD is a much better QB at this stage on 95% of his throws. But it’s those 5% of the throws and the fumbles which makes the difference in winning and losing. Plus, Emory has good leadership traits and his teammates rally around him, show him lots of love and support him during the game. Emory seems to care about winning and he shows the world how happy and proud he is when his teammates shine.

We all are never too old to learn something new that will make us better at what we do. Hopefully, TVD learned something from Emory that will help TVD go from being a talented QB with just great stats, to a healthy QB capable of consistently beating ACC conference opponents

I mentioned it previously.... From inside the stadium, you could see there is a notable difference in "zip" from when TVD releases the ball and when Emory Williams releases the ball. Extremely notable.
That’s a good thing for sure. Very promising for the future. But decision/placement are equally important, if not more.

Advertisement
I'm not attacking the player you ******* psycho, he dropped the ******* ball. He then made two great catches eight after that. It's simply a factual statement, grow a pair.
Taking some of the entire BS of the board out on you is a bit unfair on my part but saying "he dropped the ball" is unfair to the player when he did not drop the ball.

I'm actually defending TVD. I already admitted to being wrong on the Ohio INT.

Clemson stats
X 7 targets/7 catches.
Young 7/6.
George 5/2.
Smith 5/5.
We didn't exactly ask Emory to stand back in the pocket and pick apart the D for 4 quarters. TVD has been asked to do that a ton.

As for TVD getting it out in 2.3, sure that is the average but when he holds the ball for too long he gets into trouble. That is the simple point and a common one for most QBs. Thus, he needs to use checkdowns better, throw it away, go back side, or run. Lots of options and he doesn't use them often.
That is true for every QB. You want perfection on every play? It does not work like that. at times QBs have to take risks to hit big plays.

Maybe he was to used to TVD throwing everything to X
Again, it's been explained multiple times on this board how Dawson's offense sets up. X plays the position that gets alot of looks.
Thankfully he catches everything..... I just don't understand why that's such a problem.

I noticed he led in targets/catches on Saturday for a good part of the game, too. Granted they were all for 1 yd but still..

Advertisement
If a DB rips or punches the ball out of the receivers hands, its not a drop. Its a great play by the DB.

I get ****ting on players for making mistakes on here, but every once in a while, factual statements mean that we can attest to the opposition making good plays.
Dear God, I'm not ****ting on him. Colbie played a great game, but that was a drop. He caught it, had time to secure it, and then the db possibly, barely hit the ball.

It was 100% a drop and i guarantee the coaches view it the same way. If the db hit it instantly that's a different story....but he didn’t.

That is true for every QB. You want perfection on every play? It does not work like that. at times QBs have to take risks to hit big plays.

Did I not actually say the same thing in the prior post? "That is the simple point and a common one for most QBs. "

I'm a pretty level-minded poster so for you to call me a CLOWN because I pointed out some of TVD's areas to work on sure seems like you only want rainbows and sunshine pumped.

Advertisement
JG has the 8th most receptions in the conference. Same number as Keon Coleman. This site is so ******* retarded.

JG caused two of the INTs by cutting off his routes. One became a very good punt replacement. Three of the others were on TVD for not seeing the LB/DB dropping.

I think we are starting to split hairs as INTs happen just like fumbles. We are lucky to have TVD and Emory. Moving on.

Advertisement
Emory played amazing given the circumstances.

That being said he has some things to work on.

His release is too long in certain situations. This allowed for easily batted balls.

He tends to have a baseball pitcher type release. When that happens he shrinks 3 inches. Again, allowing for a ball to be batted down.

Hopefully he learns to stand taller and gets a quicker release.

Advertisement
Back