TVD is practicing

Advertisement
True but if he's the first-read, it's the right throw. It's the exact coverage you want. If you hit your back foot, especially as a true freshman in his first game playing Clemson, the first read is Jacolby on the post, and you have one on one with no safety in the middle of the field, the ball comes out. You don't also check to see if other guys are open first. I have no idea what the progression was, so obviously I can't say what he should have done, but 100% if your first check is the post, he made the right throw. Jacolby just ran a half-assed route and it got picked. (Which kinda tells me he wasn't the first read, but again you really never know).
This is true. We don't know what the progression was but you made a good point that the first choice receiver doesn't usually run his route that lazy.

Great job by EW in his first start, against a really good defense. He did enough. Can't ask for much more than that.

That said, to further support your argument, here's this little drive nugget for those who tout the completion % (which is a totally asinine argument, but whatever....this is CiS, which isn't exactly known for its brilliant takes...)

• 1st & 10 at MIA 34​

(8:01 - 2nd) Emory Williams pass complete to Brashard Smith for a loss of 1 yard to the MIA 33
  • 2nd & 11 at MIA 33​

(2:45 - 2nd) Emory Williams pass complete to Jacolby George for a loss of 4 yards to the MIA 29
  • 3rd & 15 at MIA 29​

(2:45 - 2nd) Emory Williams pass complete to Donald Chaney Jr. for 3 yds to the MIA 32
  • 4th & 12 at MIA 32​

(2:45 - 2nd) Dylan Joyce punt for 31 yds, downed at the CLEM 37

"3 for 3. 100% completions, bro. TVD sucks. Play EW, and turn **** loose!"
Its so unfair to emory bruh, we have seen this before people are just setting him up for future slander

Some of y’all acting like UVA is a layup are the same ones saying GT , then mix in Emory. Nah, play Tvd if he’s close to himself.
This! ^^^

The insanity is stupifying.

During GT week the great majority of our board was saying that we should sit TVD out in the 2nd half because we were gonna destroy them. They never learn.

Virginia just went to NC, where we were handled, and beat them. People gotta chill. They always play us tough, and have beaten us on several occasions throughout the years. This will be a tough game, and TVD, if healthy, gives us the best chance to win.

2 INTs towards X (Ohio, GT)
3 INTs towards George (GT, GT, UNC)

Don't recall the last INT for UNC as it wouldn't have mattered.
1 Int was to X genius. 4 to George, 1 to Smith. This X stuff, TVD holding the ball to long and staring down WR crap is Bull ****. TVD gets the ball out in 2.3 seconds on average, X had as many catches in Clemson game as Young did and go watch first TD in NC to X where TVD's eyes were to the middle of the field looking first to the double posts before he went to X on the wheel.

If you are going to try and used facts to say TVD is not good at least use the right facts.

SO MANY CLOWNS ON THIS SITE.

Advertisement
you are a clown period. It was knocked out of his hands by a CB on a great play. **** off and STOP ATTACKING OUR PLAYERS FOR YOUR SATISIFACTION.
I'm not attacking the player you ******* psycho, he dropped the ******* ball. He then made two great catches eight after that. It's simply a factual statement, grow a pair.

Last edited:
Negative. The way you lose to teams as 17 point favorites is to let them hang around for a half and think they can win. They know they’re a 17 point dog. You know you’re a 17 point favorite. When you go bury them early, you take their will and it’s a wrap. Starting Emory and risking him starting slowly and letting UVA hang around is a recipe for disaster. If TVD can go, he goes. I think the opposite, get up 17-21 early and get him out. Not potentially start slowly, have him tighten up on the bench and throw a wounded kid out there to save the day. If TVD is good enough to go, he goes.
Couldn't agree more

Advertisement
1 Int was to X genius. 4 to George, 1 to Smith. This X stuff, TVD holding the ball to long and staring down WR crap is Bull ****. TVD gets the ball out in 2.3 seconds on average, X had as many catches in Clemson game as Young did and go watch first TD in NC to X where TVD's eyes were to the middle of the field looking first to the double posts before he went to X on the wheel.

If you are going to try and used facts to say TVD is not good at least use the right facts.

SO MANY CLOWNS ON THIS SITE.

I'm actually defending TVD. I already admitted to being wrong on the Ohio INT.

Clemson stats
X 7 targets/7 catches.
Young 7/6.
George 5/2.
Smith 5/5.
We didn't exactly ask Emory to stand back in the pocket and pick apart the D for 4 quarters. TVD has been asked to do that a ton.

As for TVD getting it out in 2.3, sure that is the average but when he holds the ball for too long he gets into trouble. That is the simple point and a common one for most QBs. Thus, he needs to use checkdowns better, throw it away, go back side, or run. Lots of options and he doesn't use them often.

You know very well that I am a brick wall, so just stop and read my explanation.
IMG_1589.gif

I'm not attacking the player you ******* psycho, he dropped the ******* ball. He then made two great catches eight after that. It's simply a factual statement, grow a pair.
If a DB rips or punches the ball out of the receivers hands, its not a drop. Its a great play by the DB.

I get ****ting on players for making mistakes on here, but every once in a while, factual statements mean that we can attest to the opposition making good plays.

Advertisement
IMO... if he's 85% or less, you start Emory and see how he does, like others have said, at worst case TVD can come off bench.. Ive seen an injured TVD play and me no likie......

If a DB rips or punches the ball out of the receivers hands, its not a drop. Its a great play by the DB.

I get ****ting on players for making mistakes on here, but every once in a while, factual statements mean that we can attest to the opposition making good plays.
Once it hits your hands it’s your job to have the hand strength to hold on to it and tuck it away. There’s actual workouts that wr’s do to build hand strength. If the db rips / knocks it out you lost and he won. That simple.

Advertisement
Back