TVD is practicing

why is everyone so enamored with TE production?

skinner is too small, arroyo was hurt literally until this past week. Emory was in his first true start so didn't find him as much as he should have.

With Arroyo out we went with cam who's been an amazing addition to this team in terms of his blocking

on top of that,it's not like we have a struggling offense. even after clemson game, we have the #1 offense in the ACC and top ten nationally(we're also the only team to play two top 10 defenses (and we won both games), so who cares?
I don't think people are enamored but moreso curious as to why there is so little production. Yes the offense has put up points but if you look at say the GT game, it could have been something we could have used to help settle TVD. WR's not getting great separation, no you throw some TE stuff in there, and then you create space for your WR's now. Maybe TVD doesn't throw 3 int's if we get the TE's more involved in that game.

There is nothing wrong with wanting an offense that is having success to incorporate one more aspect to keep defenses off balance even more.

Advertisement
why is everyone so enamored with TE production?

skinner is too small, arroyo was hurt literally until this past week. Emory was in his first true start so didn't find him as much as he should have.

With Arroyo out we went with cam who's been an amazing addition to this team in terms of his blocking

on top of that,it's not like we have a struggling offense. even after clemson game, we have the #1 offense in the ACC and top ten nationally(we're also the only team to play two top 10 defenses (and we won both games), so who cares?
It's not a matter of being enamored, it's the fact of what utilizing an athletic TE efficiently in the passing game can do offensively by creating mismatches in coverage. The game is about creating mismatches. Find the mismatches an exploit them. Look what Clemson did with their no-name TE against us with a linebacker having to try to cover him 30 yards downfield. Cloyd did a decent job, but it was still a mismatch in their favor.

I don't think people are enamored but moreso curious as to why there is so little production. Yes the offense has put up points but if you look at say the GT game, it could have been something we could have used to help settle TVD. WR's not getting great separation, no you throw some TE stuff in there, and then you create space for your WR's now. Maybe TVD doesn't throw 3 int's if we get the TE's more involved in that game.

There is nothing wrong with wanting an offense that is having success to incorporate one more aspect to keep defenses off balance even more.
i mean if Arroyo was healthy that game then we probably would have utilized him no?

we haven't had a single game where Arroyo and TVD play together yet so I guess I'm just not understanding with all that context why it's such a big topic

i mean if Arroyo was healthy that game then we probably would have utilized him no?

we haven't had a single game where Arroyo and TVD play together yet so I guess I'm just not understanding with all that context why it's such a big topic
Arroyo played limited snaps against UNC.

Advertisement

Is Arroyo the only guy we are capable of utilizing at the position? If so that is an issue within itself.

I do know the schematic reasoning behind it but regardless of how well, the offense may be doing, I think it is still an interesting thing to look at in regards to the lack of TE usage.

Also, no one is saying we suck offensively, at least that I see.

Adam Sandler GIF by IFC
I'm glad i called that guy

What’s weak is supposedly grown men becoming hysterical about another man’s ”lack of emotion”.

Maybe you’re right, if I ever need a service, like say heart surgery, I’m going to ask for an emotional cardiovascular surgeon.

I sure don’t want someone focused on his craft, cool as a cucumber.

Or maybe judge people by their results?
what about having passion? It's one thing to be calm and even keeled but having no passion or emotion while leading a team is bad.

Advertisement
Summary: TVD isn’t emotional enough but the fans make up for it by being overly emotional about everything.

TVD when healthy gives us the best chance to win. When he’s off, he turns the ball over too much and is pretty ******. When he’s on, he slings it pretty well.

Let’s not pull another Mario Miami coaching or playing down to the opponent…

Advertisement
Not sure what year it was, but Rosier TD to Berrios @ Duke was the best throw I’ve seen in a while at UM. Back of the end zone if anyone can find it.
Thinking 2015 when he played the 1 game after Kaaya got hurt vs Clemson (58-0) and Golden was fired. Lateral game.

He played well that day

why the **** does it matter if he stays calm? that's seen as a positive for the position

do you guys want irrational over-emotional players leading the offense? because nobody that knows football agrees

being a top 10 graded qb is not important, but the fact that he doesn't jump up and down or scream after every play is a huge factor?

Just win games.

Fans want to win, when the team doesn’t win, they tend to create dynamics.

Specific to TVD, he hasn’t done himself any favors really with the perception painted about off the field or relationship with WRs or comments about the home games…

Specific to emotion… fans said Manny was a beta for not fighting officials, yet alpha super Mario is getting railed by officials as much or worse now and he’s not getting tough and physical with them… (Dabo got that TD reviewed because he was inseparable from the official after the play)….

Just win. As a QB don’t turn the ball over. As a coach. Don’t suck at it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back