TVD is practicing

Don’t bother. It’s a waste of time around here with this discussion. They act like you want TVD to be Ray Lewis or something
Nah we just think it’s ridiculous to obsess over something so silly. It has nothing to do with him as a player or results. It’s who he is so live with it. It would be much worse for him to act fake like Russel Wilson‘s corny ***. He’s not too up or too down, I like that out of my qb. You can’t tell if he’s winning or losing. These young males these days are emotional like women so I know it’s odd to see a male not acting a fool over nothing.

Advertisement
Nah!! Coaches just drilled the idea of, if you can touch the ball you can catch it , into this thick skull of mine. I played a lot of football growing up and I played wide receiver every year and if I touched the ball when it was thrown to me and I didn’t catch it, I considered it a drop. I never gave the defender credit. I just owned the drop.
Good insight, thanks!

What’s weak is supposedly grown men becoming hysterical about another man’s ”lack of emotion”.

Maybe you’re right, if I ever need a service, like say heart surgery, I’m going to ask for an emotional cardiovascular surgeon.

I sure don’t want someone focused on his craft, cool as a cucumber.

Or maybe judge people by their results?
Lmaoo hysterical?

Snoop Dogg Yes GIF by The Voice

Opinion backed up by video evidence and him seeing a therapist for his mindset. Dude looks shook a lot. There is no denying he hangs his head a lot and doesn’t show emotion. Those are facts. Not worth going back and forth we cleary have differing opinions on his demeanor.

“Looking shook” is an opinion, not a fact.

Oh wait, isn’t “looking shook” emotional.

Good for TVD! He showed emotion!

I think most of us recognize that TVD needs to elevate his game in terms of consistency.

But the fact that some people want Emory to start over TVD just because Emory showed a little more emotion in his first ever collegiate start is crazy talk to me. He played a hèll of a game but we overreact all the time and have done the same thing with TVD.

The same people crying about TVD’s lack of emotion are probably the same people that were declaring TVD a 1st round pick and better than Penix, Nix, and even Mayes 3 weeks ago.
If I put a gun to these guys heads and said I pull the trigger if Miami loses 100 percent of them would choose Tvd for that game. They’re just talking to talk. Nobody in their right mind believes we’re better with Emory.

Advertisement
Opinion backed up by video evidence and him seeing a therapist for his mindset. Dude looks shook a lot. There is no denying he hangs his head a lot and doesn’t show emotion. Those are facts. Not worth going back and forth we cleary have differing opinions on his demeanor.
Did you hear Emory talk about how he sees the sports psychologist? I suspect many of them do. There's no shame in that and it doesn't mean he's shook... Some of the conclusions on here are pretty wild....

Nah we just think it’s ridiculous to obsess over something so silly. It has nothing to do with him as a player or results. It’s who he is so live with it. It would be much worse for him to act fake like Russel Wilson‘s corny ***. He’s not too up or too down, I like that out of my qb. You can’t tell if he’s winning or losing. These young males these days are emotional like women so I know it’s odd to see a male not acting a fool over nothing.
You guys call everything that you don’t agree with obsessing and it’s lame. Aslong as the topic is something the majority seems worthy it’s fine to engage in the convo incessantly but when it’s not in line with group thought, you guys start this silly hyperbole.

Not one person asked for him to act a fool but again.

Carry on man

You guys call everything that you don’t agree with obsessing and it’s lame. Aslong as the topic is something the majority seems worthy it’s fine to engage in the convo incessantly but when it’s not in line with group thought, you guys start this silly hyperbole.

Not one person asked for him to act a fool but again.

Carry on man
You’re a man obsessing over another man not showing enough emotion yet you call me lame? That’s rich. This is the first time in football message board history I’ve seen men talking daily about a player not showing emotion lmao. And I’ve been on boards since the early 2000’s. I wonder how much spurs fans talked about Duncan being so quiet and emotionless?

Did you hear Emory talk about how he sees the sports psychologist? I suspect many of them do. There's no shame in that and it doesn't mean he's shook... Some of the conclusions on here are pretty wild....
Most of these players do but don‘t let that stop their narrative they’ve created in their minds.

Advertisement
I think most of us recognize that TVD needs to elevate his game in terms of consistency.

But the fact that some people want Emory to start over TVD just because Emory showed a little more emotion in his first ever collegiate start is crazy talk to me. He played a hèll of a game but we overreact all the time and have done the same thing with TVD.

The same people crying about TVD’s lack of emotion are probably the same people that were declaring TVD a 1st round pick and better than Penix, Nix, and even Mayes 3 weeks ago.
I’m not in the group that wants Emory. TVD absolutely is the best option right now. However, I loved the other stuff I saw from Emory.

Matt Lee snapped before he was ready, Emory walked right up to him and tapped him on the helmet and they discussed the mix up.

Threw a pic, he tapped his chest like my bad that’s on me. On the sideline, he’s up and talking to guys and discussing things, just looks super engaged. Thats what I liked and maybe I’ve missed it every time with TVD but I don’t feel like I’ve seen that type of energy when he’s not playing well per se. Thats all. Again, not asking the guy to be Ray Lewis and deliver a “run the wall” speech.

You don’t have to be that

You’re a man obsessing over another man not showing enough emotion yet you call me lame? That’s rich. This is the first time in football message board history I’ve seen men talking daily about a player not showing emotion lmao. And I’ve been on boards since the early 2000’s. I wonder how much spurs fans talked about Duncan being so quiet and emotionless?
Duncan was not emotionless or quiet on the court 😂😂. But you got it fam

Nobody said it's "not" TVDs team...but to take a chance on him hurting himself more, when Emory might well be good enough, doesn't make sense to me.
This is one of the few chances Emory will get to play. What are the chances mario benches TVD? Plus all our games are close so he’ll never play garbage time. Give Emory the chance

I’m not in the group that wants Emory. TVD absolutely is the best option right now. However, I loved the other stuff I saw from Emory.

Matt Lee snapped before he was ready, Emory walked right up to him and tapped him on the helmet and they discussed the mix up.

Threw a pic, he tapped his chest like my bad that’s on me. On the sideline, he’s up and talking to guys and discussing things, just looks super engaged. Thats what I liked and maybe I’ve missed it every time with TVD but I don’t feel like I’ve seen that type of energy when he’s not playing well per se. Thats all. Again, not asking the guy to be Ray Lewis and deliver a “run the wall” speech.

You don’t have to be that
Yeah I don’t disagree with all of that. I also liked a ton of those types of “intangibles” we saw from Emory.

But the fact that this was such a hot topic that people had to post the TVD celebration shots after the game tells me it’s way overblown. People ragging on the guy for stupid reasons.

There are tons of examples of stoic type of QBs that have won big time. But yes, I get the attraction of having a more passionate and fiery guy behind center.

Advertisement
Duncan was not emotionless or quiet on the court 😂😂. But you got it fam
Yea he was , Wtf are you talking about? Players that faced TD said it was infuriating he was cooking them while showing no emotion or not talking any trash. Cousins being one. His whole image and rep is for being super quiet and meek. Cold blooded and rarely showing emotion.

Yeah I don’t disagree with all of that. I also liked a ton of those types of “intangibles” we saw from Emory.

But the fact that this was such a hot topic that people had to post the TVD celebration shots after the game tells me it’s way overblown. People ragging on the guy for stupid reasons.

There are tons of examples of stoic type of QBs that have won big time. But yes, I get the attraction of having a more passionate and fiery guy behind center.
I respect it. Also, I’m cool with people feeling like it’s not even Top 10 on the things that matter when it comes to a qb. I just don’t **** with that other ****, as if ppl discussing it are obsessive or screaming for him to yell and scream at his teammates

I never said Emory over TVD. TVD is QB 1 but I don’t see true leader. It’s is what it is. Let’s see how he plays against Virginia

Advertisement
Yea he was , Wtf are you talking about? Players that faces gun said it was infuriating he was cooking them while showing no emotion or not talking any trash. Cousins being one. His whole image and rep is for being super quiet and meek. Cold blooded.
Did he show as much emotion as other no, but he wasn’t emotionless

I would think a lot do but it’s clear and has even been noted by announcers during games how TVD struggled with confidence etc… you can see it how he drops his head after INT and X has to go tell him to pick his head up. He isn’t an alpha. It’s ok. I still think he is a good QB. It’s possible to be a fan and still think a player is missing an intangible of great QB’s.

Thank god.
Emory is serviceable, but that’s about it.

Though unlikely, I’m hoping J. Brown learns he doesn’t need to throw a 5 yard at 100mph.
if he could just become a serviceable passer (over 55% on intimate routes), he could be a QB we haven’t seen here ever.
Unfortunately, I think he’s just a freak cyborg athlete that just can’t get it, JMO.

I do find it laughable, some fans were upset Mario didn’t go for the win at the end of regulation, like they competently forgot about the throw to end the half.
Emory throwing down field is a scary sight.
Yes the kid was not perfect but I find it laughable that you blame that INT on Emory. Because from my view point the ball was already in the air and on the way when George cut inside. I was at the game and the play was coming towards the end zone I was sitting at but keep blaming the frosh.

Attachments

• IMG_2449.png
    IMG_2449.png
    859 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2448.png
    IMG_2448.png
    894.2 KB · Views: 0
As me and my dog watch the replay for the first time I will say Emory played solid that second half. At the game it’s hard to truly see everything and not just be emotional.

That drive to start the 4th quarter was great. He took his check downs, made couple throws and was in command of the offense.

The announcers mentioned how before this drive he was talking in the bench to the team. Kid seems more of a vocal leader than TVD.

TVD is on a couple bars when he plays. Zero emotion. I’ll be good with whoever starts

View attachment 262925

Your dog seems identify with TVD in terms of being calm

Advertisement
Back