TVD is practicing

Even after the last two games, one of the best in the country in big time throws / turnover worthy plays

Advertisement
I seriously wonder what some of you watch. There have been plenty of times Colbie, JG and even Horton have been targeted by TVD. Plays and at points in a game that were no different than those last Saturday when Emory went to Colbie. He didn't specifically pick Colbie over Restrepo. No games have been lost because Restrepo had more targets/catches. IDK why anyone cares as long as the team wins.

Last Saturday, the passing game stats were as follows:

Young 6/7 for 76 yds
Restrepo 7/7 for 26 yds
SMith 5/5 for 36 yds
JG 2/5 for 5 yds
Williams 2/2 for 6 yds

The run game opened up the outside guys last week and Young stepped up and did his part.

UVA may be different and we'll see X more. Who cares as long as they win...
Ehhhh….

Against GT:
X got 13 targets
CY + JB + BS got 14 total targets

Against UNC (school didn’t post targets, just receptions):
X had 11 receptions
CY + JB + BS combined for 11 total receptions

I seriously wonder what some of you watch. There have been plenty of times Colbie, JG and even Horton have been targeted by TVD. Plays and at points in a game that were no different than those last Saturday when Emory went to Colbie. He didn't specifically pick Colbie over Restrepo. No games have been lost because Restrepo had more targets/catches. IDK why anyone cares as long as the team wins.

Last Saturday, the passing game stats were as follows:

Young 6/7 for 76 yds
Restrepo 7/7 for 26 yds
SMith 5/5 for 36 yds
JG 2/5 for 5 yds
Williams 2/2 for 6 yds

The run game opened up the outside guys last week and Young stepped up and did his part.

UVA may be different and we'll see X more. Who cares as long as they win...
Brashard Smith should be getting 80-90% of x's snaps. He's way more productive and explosive with the ball in his hands. Offense is better with Horton, smith, Colbie, George on the field. TVD always going to his safety net and leaving a lot of points on the board. If you've never met a kid from Connecticut, then I can understand you defending him. Tyler has been average his entire time overall here. For the upcoming draft class/ qb class, it's hard to even put him in the top 10-15 with how many solid qb's are expected to be in the draft.

You’re a man obsessing over another man not showing enough emotion yet you call me lame? That’s rich. This is the first time in football message board history I’ve seen men talking daily about a player not showing emotion lmao. And I’ve been on boards since the early 2000’s. I wonder how much spurs fans talked about Duncan being so quiet and emotionless?
To me it's more there's no fire or passion like Dorsey. You never see tvd talking to the offense, riling them up, motivating them. You never see it. Am i ***?

Advertisement
Yeah, I figured you couldn't support your claims. See ya.

Obviously the comment wasn’t about TVD starting or not….wait for it….because that was never a question for GT. He was healthy by all accounts. Why would my response be about the portion of your comment that wasn’t even a topic for GT?

Per your comment “They will barely win 4 games and one of them won’t be this Saturday afternoon even if John Richt was out QB.”

This was said my many on here about GT in not so many words because GT was a cupcake and my response to that is stop the nonsense. No game is a guaranteed win especially for us.

If I put a gun to these guys heads and said I pull the trigger if Miami loses 100 percent of them would choose Tvd for that game. They’re just talking to talk. Nobody in their right mind believes we’re better with Emory.
No i actually do. I am dumb but I Truley believe were better off starting emory the rest of the season, I wouldn't put my life in the hands of tvd in a million out of a million times . I'm a lunatic but i really do hate tvd and his non chalant attitude and terrible ability to read the field.

Obviously the comment wasn’t about TVD starting or not….wait for it….because that was never a question for GT. He was healthy by all accounts. Why would my response be about the portion of your comment that wasn’t even a topic for GT?

Per your comment “They will barely win 4 games and one of them won’t be this Saturday afternoon even if John Richt was out QB.”

This was said my many on here about GT in not so many words because GT was a cupcake and my response to that is stop the nonsense. No game is a guaranteed win especially for us.
My comment (don't care about anyone else's) was about TVD and his injury. Context matters. If TVD is healthy, then he should start. If he's not healthy, he shouldn't (I remember what happened last season with the AC joint). TVD played, and he suffered re-injury. Second string QB wasn't ready to play. No one is a cupcake, but Miami should be able to beat UVA with Emory starting. He played great against a defense that is 10X better than UVA's. That's my point. Now deal with the context of MY post. Thank you, brother.

Advertisement
No i actually do. I am dumb but I Truley believe were better off starting emory the rest of the season, I wouldn't put my life in the hands of tvd in a million out of a million times . I'm a lunatic but i really do hate tvd and his non chalant attitude and terrible ability to read the field.
Did you hate it during the Texas A&M game?

I'm not going to even pretend I have any idea what is going on with out tight end situation. We've had a decade+ of NFL tight ends and all of the sudden we have a glorified tackle and nobody else at the position?
I don’t have a problem with 84 inline or as an H-back he dominates the edge I would like to see 88 or skinner split out where they can be an actual weapon in the passing game. If I saw 84 split out I would immediately assume it’s a screen of some sort

Advertisement
I don’t have a problem with 84 inline or as an H-back he dominates the edge I would like to see 88 or skinner split out where they can be an actual weapon in the passing game. If I saw 84 split out I would immediately assume it’s a screen of some sort
Never assume anything. There are better ways of figuring out which play is about to unfold.

1698373677537.jpeg

why is everyone so enamored with TE production?

skinner is too small, arroyo was hurt literally until this past week. Emory was in his first true start so didn't find him as much as he should have.

With Arroyo out we went with cam who's been an amazing addition to this team in terms of his blocking

on top of that,it's not like we have a struggling offense. even after clemson game, we have the #1 offense in the ACC and top ten nationally(we're also the only team to play two top 10 defenses (and we won both games), so who cares?
This was TE U. Just look at how Clemson used their TE. I'll remind you we have TEs who made plays last year are getting zero touches.

On top of that, we are recruiting top TEs. Why? I have no idea because why would they want to come here just to block.

I absolutely dislike how you're trying to discount our TEs. They all have skillsets to be used in the passing game. Skinner, Riley, and Arroyo would kill it if used properly. Skinner is not a "in-line" TE. He is a weapon. He's a mismatch. So is Arroyo, and Riley.

We literally saw GT ignore the TE on a passing route to undercut a pass from TVD to WR for an INT. Teams are scheming from our lack of use of the TE in the passing game. That gives the defense and extra defender to help on someone else plus makes the overall coverage tighter.

To say we don't need them is extremely short sided.

I expect Skinner to transfer out which is a shame. He chose Miami over Alabama. He's going to do well wherever he goes. I just hope he didn't burn an entire year for the few snaps he's gotten.

Advertisement
what about having passion? It's one thing to be calm and even keeled but having no passion or emotion while leading a team is bad.
People mistaking passion with emotion is the dumbest thing ever.

TVD has played with a multitude of injuries on his hand and knee and shoulder throughout his career. I'd say his pretty passionate about what he does simply based on his willingness to play with injuries.

This was TE U. Just look at how Clemson used their TE. I'll remind you we have TEs who made plays last year are getting zero touches.

On top of that, we are recruiting top TEs. Why? I have no idea because why would they want to come here just to block.

I absolutely dislike how you're trying to discount our TEs. They all have skillsets to be used in the passing game. Skinner, Riley, and Arroyo would kill it if used properly. Skinner is not a "in-line" TE. He is a weapon. He's a mismatch. So is Arroyo, and Riley.

We literally saw GT ignore the TE on a passing route to undercut a pass from TVD to WR for an INT. Teams are scheming from our lack of use of the TE in the passing game. That gives the defense and extra defender to help on someone else plus makes the overall coverage tighter.

To say we don't need them is extremely short sided.

I expect Skinner to transfer out which is a shame. He chose Miami over Alabama. He's going to do well wherever he goes. I just hope he didn't burn an entire year for the few snaps he's gotten.
I agree with everything you said...

I’ve been slurping JG a lot this year but targeting him leads to some int’s . He does run wrong routes or gives up on routes like he did Saturday.
Both George and young have run lazy routes or not fought for the ball more than a handful of times. Honestly surprised we haven’t rotated more WRs in because of it

Advertisement
Back