Transfer Portal - Baseball 2024-25

New commit

IMG_4001.jpeg

Advertisement
Can’t find much on him. But my phone is slow so my patience is low. Again not saying we should pursue but he’s young and has some stuff that could play well with continued development. I would be all over places like Tread and BPC talking to kids who are in the portal or who may go in. Those places develop all facets not just velo.

Still a bit of a thrower…but you get multiple years and he is working out with one of the best on pitch design.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Going to follow Wicker...doesnt jump off the screen with stats or overall performance this year. But 6'6 big frame. Lets see the development

EDIT - Has not committed to LSU just a rumor.

Last edited:
Are we ever in on any of these big arms?
Did our first 3 transfer pickups not make our plan of action pretty clear?

I'm kind of mad at @DMoney for hyping this portal stuff up and not giving us a heads up it actually meant we were going bargain bin shopping and hoping we can all of a sudden develop players.

I'm kind of mad at @DMoney for hyping this portal stuff up and not giving us a heads up it actually meant we were going bargain bin shopping and hoping we can all of a sudden develop players.
to this point it feels like we are trying a moneyball approach when it isnt needed.

Advertisement

"Innovative" was the key word. Innovation is not the obvious course of action that everyone else is doing.. which is try to get the best players they can get.

We're innovating because we have to get guys no one else wants and plug them into a system that isn't designed to develop and hope it works.

We either have no NIL or the program is run by buffoons who think they know more than the NCAA powerhouse programs... or both.

"Innovative" was the key word. Innovation is not the obvious course of action that everyone else is doing.. which is try to get the best players they can get.

We're innovating because we have to get guys no one else wants and plug them into a system that isn't designed to develop and hope it works.

We either have no NIL or the program is run by buffoons who think they know more than the NCAA powerhouse programs... or both.
Or…any player worth anything from P5 won’t even pick up the phone for this staff. They know.

And "high level" as in they were high as **** when they concocted this innovative plan.

Advertisement
to this point it feels like we are trying a moneyball approach when it isnt needed.
How do you know it isn't needed? These programs that suck *** at other sports and are good at baseball are likely putting more NIL towards their baseball program than we are. Plus we are a more expensive school for tuition (whethey just by being private and/or having less money for scholarships than our private peers who have far larger endowments) which has it's largest impact on baseball. Easy to ***** about NIL, but if you look at Football and Basketball we are clearly heavily spending. Can't realistically expect the money to just rain down everywhere.

It was obvious JD was going to get this year and possibly next no matter what. We'll see how this portal strategy plays out.

Advertisement
Back