Transfer Portal - Baseball 2024-25

Losing your best players, bringing in guys no one has ever heard of (except for your Director of Player Development knowing one of his former players), and letting all the best players in the portal go to Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, etc. is definitely innovative.

Advertisement
Losing your best players, bringing in guys no one has ever heard of (except for your Director of Player Development knowing one of his former players), and letting all the best players in the portal go to Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, etc. is definitely innovative.
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

I'm beyond ****ed. Whatever stage of grief "not giving a ****" is, that's where I am. I barely watched any baseball this year. I would say I watched the least that I have in 25 years. Easily. Not even close, really. So yeah, I'm ****ed, because these are slimy thieves who spit in the faces of the supporters of this program. But at the end of the day, I barely follow it any more. If they don't give a molecule of a ****, neither do I. If/when they hire a real coach I'll support again. But not now.

And I'm not a fortune teller, maybe Rad and JD and the "good ol' boys" who have been ruining athletics here for the majority of my adult life will actually turn this thing around. But there is ZERO evidence of that, because, yanno, we hired a coach who has never ******* done anything remotely like this in his entire life.

So, we'll see. But if I was a betting man, and I am, my money is on this group of losers imploding into dust in another year or two.
It is incredibly infuriating. It also makes the softball rumors almost laughable. Something that should excite the fanbase really won't because there is very little reason to think that we approach it like a serious program like FSU, Oklahoma, UF or even Duke. It is yet another reason, many find it incredibly difficult to believe the powers that be at UM will navigate conference realignment intelligently....

What a ******* mess...

Advertisement
I’m going to tag my good friends @Angry Ibis & @WeBallinBoyz on this, b/c we chat often about the state of our baseball program.

However, I’m going to make a general statement about my absolute frustration w/ this entire athletic program.

I’m not sure how we’ve lost our way, but then when I see tons of porst excusing, justifying, **** even celebrating mediocrity, it’s a clear reminder to me that our entire infrastructure from the top down to season ticket holders have become content w/ mediocrity.

We lose a guy like Cyr, who’s a bonafide star, who brings unbelievable value to our roster, & our solution have been to replace him w/ project pieces w/ ?able injury history? Like, we didn’t just deal w/ injuries this season?

I’ve seen excuses as to why small, private institutions r thriving in baseball, while we struggle; mind u, these private institutions that r thriving actually have much stricter academic requirements, as well!

What really chaps my hide about this news is that I’m sick & tired of the cucks up North showing us up. We’ve been the standard, & now them mofos have lapped us. Don’t believe me? Think I’m just ranting?

Miami Football: 5x Nat’l Champions
From 1983-2003: 212-42 (.835 win%)
Bowl Record: 12-7

From 2004-present: 148-103 (.590 win%)
Bowl Record: 3-12

Miami Baseball: 4x Nat’l Champions
From 1982-2003: 1075-382-5 (.738 win%)
CWS Appearances: 15

From 2004-present: 813-425-1 (.657 win%)
CWS Appearances: 5

During this same period (2004-present):
FSU Football: 174-84 (.674 win%)
Bowl Record: 11-6 (1 Nat’l Title)

FSU Baseball: 883-407 (.684 win%)
CWS Appearances: 6

UF Football: 180-86 (.677 win%)
Bowl Record: 10-7 (2 Nat’l Titles)

UF Baseball: 863-450 (.657 win%)
CWS Appearances: 10 (1 Nat’l Title)

Like for real, this is complete bull **** and unacceptable. I’m tired of celebrating the occasional 8-9 win seasons for football, & I’m tired of celebrating us limping into Regionals in baseball. Everything is tanking around us from academics (UF ranked #28, FSU ranked #T-53rd, Miami ranked #T-67th), to athletics, & it’s time to demand more. Stop the excuses, stop the justification. If u’re still beating the drum that “JD just needs his own players” then u’re apart of the problem.

I wonder where the guys like Burrell, Huff, Kevin Johnson, Charles Johnson, and others are? All I ever hear are the "Wicho's" and Salas dude. And of course, A-Roid. None of the great players are heard from regarding this dumpster fire.

They previously mentioned all slurp for JD.

Advertisement
I wonder where the guys like Burrell, Huff, Kevin Johnson, Charles Johnson, and others are? All I ever hear are the "Wicho's" and Salas dude. And of course, A-Roid. None of the great players are heard from regarding this dumpster fire.

They previously mentioned all slurp for JD.
Pat Burrell could care less. That guy is just slamming hole and teaching SF Giants to hit dingers. Huff is fighting with people on Social Media.

I’m going to tag my good friends @Angry Ibis & @WeBallinBoyz on this, b/c we chat often about the state of our baseball program.

However, I’m going to make a general statement about my absolute frustration w/ this entire athletic program.

I’m not sure how we’ve lost our way, but then when I see tons of porst excusing, justifying, **** even celebrating mediocrity, it’s a clear reminder to me that our entire infrastructure from the top down to season ticket holders have become content w/ mediocrity.

We lose a guy like Cyr, who’s a bonafide star, who brings unbelievable value to our roster, & our solution have been to replace him w/ project pieces w/ ?able injury history? Like, we didn’t just deal w/ injuries this season?

I’ve seen excuses as to why small, private institutions r thriving in baseball, while we struggle; mind u, these private institutions that r thriving actually have much stricter academic requirements, as well!

What really chaps my hide about this news is that I’m sick & tired of the cucks up North showing us up. We’ve been the standard, & now them mofos have lapped us. Don’t believe me? Think I’m just ranting?

Like for real, this is complete bull **** and unacceptable. I’m tired of celebrating the occasional 8-9 win seasons for football, & I’m tired of celebrating us limping into Regionals in baseball. Everything is tanking around us from academics (UF ranked #28, FSU ranked #T-53rd, Miami ranked #T-67th), to athletics, & it’s time to demand more. Stop the excuses, stop the justification. If u’re still beating the drum that “JD just needs his own players” then u’re apart of the problem.
We have clearly been #3 in the state for a while now in terms of overall athletics.

UCF is coming, you guys can laugh about it all you want while you reminisce about 1850. They play us tough in hoops, beat us in baseball (and made a great hire + used the transfer portal extremely well imo), and continue to do work in football while having a decent track record now past the whole “national champions” fraud run. Better than us over the past 8 years…

since Heupel they’re 52-26 in football, if you want to go back to 2016 with Frost they’re 71-33 overall. In that same time period, we’re 59-41.

Wake up, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

Who the **** thought it was a good idea to hire the guy responsible for our pitching woes the previous 6-7 years, that hampered our teams to begin with? You thought letting him take the reigns was a good idea?

DiMare runs circles around JD, how scary is that to think about?

Go. Outside. The. Box. The season we just had is absolutely, unequivocally a fireable offense…but it’s too late for that I guess.

Get ready for more pain and humiliation in 2025, and maybe then they’ll see the light. It should be easy to recruit 92mph+ guys to Miami, they grow on trees down here. We’re rolling out Arteaga specials that sit 86-89. So many guys with poor command, no composure, volatility with their secondary pitch command and usage…and that’s just on the pitching side.

It’s a poorly coached team with poor talent led by a man that has no idea how to fix it. Just like @OrangeBowlMagic , this was probably the least amount of baseball I’ve watched in two decades…and I used to go to so many home series + all the regional packages.

It’s a **** shame. Money is not an excuse for baseball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just referenced "Slamming Hole" to my wife, and it didn't go over well. I will continue to use it though. It may be one of the greatest descriptions I have ever heard.
Might have been the delivery. try different tones, times of the day, etc. I mean my wife has never appreciated either but at some point it has to go in one of our favors. Remember you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

Advertisement

We’ll always have that obscure women’s sport that beat FSU this year.

We have clearly been #3 in the state for a while now in terms of overall athletics.

UCF is coming, you guys can laugh about it all you want while you reminisce about 1850. They play us tough in hoops, beat us in baseball (and made a great hire + used the transfer portal extremely well imo), and continue to do work in football while having a decent track record now past the whole “national champions” fraud run. Better than us over the past 8 years…

since Heupel they’re 52-26 in football, if you want to go back to 2016 with Frost they’re 71-33 overall. In that same time period, we’re 59-41.

Wake up, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

Who the **** thought it was a good idea to hire the guy responsible for our pitching woes the previous 6-7 years, that hampered our teams to begin with? You thought letting him take the reigns was a good idea?

DiMare runs circles around JD, how scary is that to think about?

Go. Outside. The. Box. The season we just had is absolutely, unequivocally a fireable offense…but it’s too late for that I guess.

Get ready for more pain and humiliation in 2025, and maybe then they’ll see the light. It should be easy to recruit 92mph+ guys to Miami, they grow on trees down here. We’re rolling out Arteaga specials that sit 86-89. So many guys with poor command, no composure, volatility with their secondary pitch command and usage…and that’s just on the pitching side.

It’s a poorly coached team with poor talent led by a man that has no idea how to fix it. Just like @OrangeBowlMagic , this was probably the least amount of baseball I’ve watched in two decades…and I used to go to so many home series + all the regional packages.

It’s a **** shame. Money is not an excuse for baseball.
It is madness. Maniac is completely appropriate for a mascot, because we are maniacs for being so engaged with Miami athletics as a whole.

Not only do I agree we are a clear 3rd, but someone could probably argue that we are lower than that in some sports, coaches or categories. There is very little evidence that Miami cares about sports or knows what the **** we are doing to run a Division 1 Athletic Program.

BUT, we knew this or we were told this during the Diaz era. We heard it was broken. We heard it ran deep. And then we heard we were fixing it. Beta Blake was gone, alphas were on the way and they were afraid of no ******* and things would be Radtastic... We were all in... but there turned out to be a big ******* asterisk... Miami was all in for football for Mario. No other coach. And the same people that were furious with Miami ineptness before, are OK with it now, because he is their guy... and we know it is true because we read it every single day right here -- we are ****ed if we don't win with this roster and schedule --- Not Mario is ****ed, we are ****ed -- because the administration is so ******* dumb, they think only one football coach in the entire country can win at Miami....

And then, we get another gift. Gino steps down. The baseball world is our oyster. After failing to secure a top coach, do we think outside the box, **** no - we hire Manny Arteaga. But Rad was soooo mad at the Regionals last year. Soooo mad. So mad that he hired a failed coach from a failing staff... because we got turned down by a coach that, and get ready for it again friends.... "didn't interview well" .... remember that one... remember that from bad football hiring processes everyone hated before Mario...

But some are still making excuses of whether it is JD's fault vs. someone else's.... Rinse, repeat... but in baseball now... That is pure incompetence.

We are about to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the University and we should be doing it walking into the B1G, wearing Jordan Brand, starting a softball program with football, baseball, men's and women's basketball programs we are proud of... instead the history we are making is going in the wrong direction and our Centennial is basically a MiamiBro family reunion mocking of all of us...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back