Thomas Brown blasts national perception of Miami

You clearly don't live in Miami.

Parts of Coconut Grove are not places you'd want to go at night. It's where the race riots happened in 1980. A few years back my buddy from the Marines got jacked by three hoods in the Grove at knife point (he said they had a bigass carving knife like something from Halloween) as he was leaning on his car waiting for his friends to meet him. Fortunately they took his cash and his phone, but left his credit cards and ID. Considerate of them. His fault in a way- can't just be looking lost in the sketchy part of town for 30 min. The wolves will get ya.

Anyone who claims Miami isn't safe is a moron, especially Coral Gables, that being said, Miami is oddly designed in the sense that the hood is not as far from you as you would think. Two or three streets down can make a world of a difference in many parts of the city.

A lot of cities are like that. New Orleans says hi.

As does Chitown
Dam near every major city is like that. You have downtown, then as soon as you pass the overpass or railroad tracks you are in the hood....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Parts of Coconut Grove are not places you'd want to go at night. It's where the race riots happened in 1980. A few years back my buddy from the Marines got jacked by three hoods in the Grove at knife point (he said they had a bigass carving knife like something from Halloween) as he was leaning on his car waiting for his friends to meet him. Fortunately they took his cash and his phone, but left his credit cards and ID. Considerate of them. His fault in a way- can't just be looking lost in the sketchy part of town for 30 min. The wolves will get ya.

Anyone who claims Miami isn't safe is a moron, especially Coral Gables, that being said, Miami is oddly designed in the sense that the hood is not as far from you as you would think. Two or three streets down can make a world of a difference in many parts of the city.

As does Chitown
Dam near every major city is like that. You have downtown, then as soon as you pass the overpass or railroad tracks you are in the hood....

No, that's not what we're talking about

As does Chitown

You know what I'm trying to say....

As does Chitown

Indeed. I used to live on the south side of Chi.
You could be walking in an Italian neighborhood and literally walk across the street and be in a completely Boricua hood. Then walk another 5-6 streets and be in a ****** neighborhood....5 blocks later you would be surrounded by crack houses.

I understand his point though.

Advertisement
This "thug" garbage is just racist as ****. And most of this country is racist as ****, too. It's not just our AA football players they hate, they hate the Hispanics and all the "New Yorkers" (dog whistle for Jews). It's disgusting and unacceptable.

You just said a mouth full and it is the truth. The U just got the reputation of all of what you mentioned above and like those groups of people there is no shaking it. What do you do about it? Fugum, and keep it moving. Stop trying to fit in because those that don't see you in a negative light will associate with you and those that do won't. Also, we have racist from within the CIS community and it's good opportunity for them to see just how stupid they are.

Just telling it like it is.

Bunch of pvssies in here talking about sketchy scary areas 5 minutes from campus. LOL

Look at Mr. Latin King rollin up in here

Soft. If you're scared of South Miami/West Gables you must need a body guard to go to the grocery store. That's some Kardashian ****.

tumblr_mmnhd1xVeU1spjh9oo1_500.webp

Advertisement
And McFarland is not from a great area in Maryland. His school is, and own personal home might be, but the overall area isn't great, so I don't know why anyone is bringing him up.

Where is he from on Maryland? If he's from Prince George County, that has a lot of rough hoods, even MS13

Prince George's County

That's got a lot of rough areas. Pockets of PG are nice but Coral Gables is paradise compared to that.

USC's campus is located right smack dab in the middle of Brim gang turf in South LA...

There's Bloods, Crips & 18th street in that whole surrounding area... At least Gables is some ways away from the rough parts of Miami, ****in USC is literally right across the street from Gang turf.

And truth be told, the players never have anything to worry about anyway, street dudes don't f*ck with athletes unless they give'em a reason too...

In fact, most real street dudes try to keep athletes out of trouble & steer them away from getting involved in crazy ****.
I agree USC is in the Hood... GaTech is not far from the Hood

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
And McFarland is not from a great area in Maryland. His school is, and own personal home might be, but the overall area isn't great, so I don't know why anyone is bringing him up.

Where is he from on Maryland? If he's from Prince George County, that has a lot of rough hoods, even MS13

Prince George's County

That's got a lot of rough areas. Pockets of PG are nice but Coral Gables is paradise compared to that.

Lol, nothing wrong with PGC. That's Baltimore you're thinking of.

EDIT: PGC is much worse than I thought, carry on.

Last edited:
This "thug" garbage is just racist as ****. And most of this country is racist as ****, too. It's not just our AA football players they hate, they hate the Hispanics and all the "New Yorkers" (dog whistle for Jews). It's disgusting and unacceptable.

I don't even think people realize how racist it is, they just heard it growing up and assume it must be true. If it weren't true, why would people say it?

USC's campus is located right smack dab in the middle of Brim gang turf in South LA...

There's Bloods, Crips & 18th street in that whole surrounding area... At least Gables is some ways away from the rough parts of Miami, ****in USC is literally right across the street from Gang turf.

And truth be told, the players never have anything to worry about anyway, street dudes don't f*ck with athletes unless they give'em a reason too...

In fact, most real street dudes try to keep athletes out of trouble & steer them away from getting involved in crazy ****.

I agree ga tech is not far from the hood at all. Very close actually but it also is in a nice campus area too

Last edited:
Advertisement

Ii agree ga tech is not far from the hood at all. Very close actually but it also is in a nice campus area too

GA Tech used to be down the street from one of the worst project homes in Atlanta....before they tore them down when the Olympics came to town

since I live 250-300 miles from miami, I've never been there.. is overtown the worst part?

Ii agree ga tech is not far from the hood at all. Very close actually but it also is in a nice campus area too

GA Tech used to be down the street from one of the worst project homes in Atlanta....before they tore them down when the Olympics came to town
Didn't know they were gone...but remember they were rough.

Advertisement
Back