Thomas Brown blasts national perception of Miami

It gets a lot of bad press, but Baltimore is my kind of town.

I think [MENTION=5094]Notsince1985[/MENTION] was probably an old school Pikesville kind of guy.

My family did live there for a time, near Reisterstown Road, but I lived in Columbia. My family lives in Owings Mills now.

I know those areas, but especially Howard County by Ellicott City.

I had a friend in college from Ellicott City

I live in the city. I keeps it real like that.

Advertisement
To speak briefly on the subject, I was a Paramedic working in Miami-Dade.

Overtown and Liberty City at specific peak times, were for the most part, bad. Daytime, they aren't terrible, but you don't hang around, and you especially don't hang out at night on the weekends.

Worst of it was random violence, teenage OD's. One of my Captains told me that I was lucky I wasn't there in the 80's, because the racial tensions were so high, even with police securing the scene, it was dangerous for a white guy (paramedic or not) working in Liberty City.

I worked Little Havana, and it COULD be bad. A lot of domestic quarrels involving knives or anything that's handy.

I will say that Overtown and Liberty, by and large are huge Miami Hurricane fans (for obvious reasons), and during my time down there, never heard of a player from the U getting in trouble in those areas.

A lot of our players come from South Florida, so they know what to do and what not to do. It's a non-factor, in my opinion.

Winning cures all.

Miami is no different from any other metropolitan area where crime rate is high in poor neighborhoods. Detroit has the worst of it because the entire city is poor.

USC's campus is located right smack dab in the middle of Brim gang turf in South LA...

There's Bloods, Crips & 18th street in that whole surrounding area... At least Gables is some ways away from the rough parts of Miami, ****in USC is literally right across the street from Gang turf.

And truth be told, the players never have anything to worry about anyway, street dudes don't f*ck with athletes unless they give'em a reason too...

In fact, most real street dudes try to keep athletes out of trouble & steer them away from getting involved in crazy ****.
I agree USC is in the Hood... GaTech is not far from the Hood

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I agree ga tech is not far from the hood at all. Very close actually but it also is in a nice campus area too

Ghetto adjacent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thing is, when you're in the safe parts of Miami Dade, the bad parts are a world away as far as you're concerned. You'd have to drive a good hour/hour and a half to get into any sketchy neighborhood from campus.

Overtown is probably the most dangerous ghetto in the Southeastern United States and it's a lot less than an hour from UM. Overtown's probably as dangerous as any area in the globe except Ciudad Juarez. Even some areas of Coral Gables have a lot of crime.

With that being said UM is not in a bad neighborhood, unlike some other schools such as Temple and USCw.
How'd this *** inhaler get unband? Back just in time to **** on UM and spread fake hillbilly trash info about the area for the recruiting stretch run.

How is the fact that Overtown has a lot of crime fake hillbilly WVU trash?

Who said anything about WVU?

You think Caracas is safer than Overtown?

Colon, Panama is the grand prize winner you're looking for. Has any city beat.

Advertisement
Overtown is probably the most dangerous ghetto in the Southeastern United States and it's a lot less than an hour from UM. Overtown's probably as dangerous as any area in the globe except Ciudad Juarez. Even some areas of Coral Gables have a lot of crime.

With that being said UM is not in a bad neighborhood, unlike some other schools such as Temple and USCw.
How'd this *** inhaler get unband? Back just in time to **** on UM and spread fake hillbilly trash info about the area for the recruiting stretch run.

How is the fact that Overtown has a lot of crime fake hillbilly WVU trash?

Who said anything about WVU?

You think Caracas is safer than Overtown?

Colon, Panama is the grand prize winner you're looking for. Has any city beat.

Wow... I thought Panama was generally good... a lot of U.S. expats there. That's where the canal is too. I'm surprised.

Last edited:
There are dangerous cities all over the globe and even more dangerous neighborhoods in cities. You would not walk to be in certain parts of Macon, GA or Savannah, GA after dark.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There are dangerous cities all over the globe and even more dangerous neighborhoods in cities. You would not walk to be in certain parts of Macon, GA or Savannah, GA after dark.

You ever been to Africa?

I have

Advertisement

You ever been to Africa?

I have

Congrats

Then stfu about Colon. The average 12 year old in Africa would own the streets of Panama.

You just compared 44 countries to one city?

Shhhh

You're sounding real American an ignorant.

Advertisement

Shhhh

Yep. Hopefully you learn something form that.

You trying to teach a Black man about the Ghetto?

Do go on...

[emoji851]

I'm black too! Welcome to the club!

If you've never been to an African ghetto then you really don't know what the fvck you're talking about niqqa.

Shhhh

Do go on...

[emoji851]

If you've never been to an African ghetto then you really don't know what the fvck you're talking about niqqa.
Yes only African (nice and generic) ghettos are real ghettos.

LOL
Someone gave you a college degree . Amazing country we live in.

You're as ignorant as the folks calling Miami dangerous just because

Shhhh

Do go on...

[emoji851]

LOL

Good luck youngin

Advertisement
I think [MENTION=5094]Notsince1985[/MENTION] was probably an old school Pikesville kind of guy.

My family did live there for a time, near Reisterstown Road, but I lived in Columbia. My family lives in Owings Mills now.

I know those areas, but especially Howard County by Ellicott City.

I had a friend in college from Ellicott City

I live in the city. I keeps it real like that.

Canton, Hamden, Patterson Park... how real you keeps it?

Do go on...

[emoji851]

LOL

Good luck youngin

Caracas is the number 1 most dangerous city. Nothing in Panama made the top 50.
Most Dangerous Cities in the World - WorldAtlas.com

The most dangerous thing in Coral Gables is that some liberal might get their hands on you are turn you into a snowflake seeking a safe place. I was born in CG, grew up in Carol City, went to school in Opa Locka, and taught in Liberty City. Miami is Miami. You can find trouble if you look for it but compared to the old days during riots and concubine wars, it is hardly a dangerous place. Well, as long as you carry.

Seriously, some of you other old timers remember the 70's and early 80's. I still remember being turn around by a frigging tank on NW 7th ave. Now Chicago, now that is a dangerous city.

The most dangerous thing in Coral Gables is that some liberal might get their hands on you are turn you into a snowflake seeking a safe place. I was born in CG, grew up in Carol City, went to school in Opa Locka, and taught in Liberty City. Miami is Miami. You can find trouble if you look for it but compared to the old days during riots and concubine wars, it is hardly a dangerous place. Well, as long as you carry.

Seriously, some of you other old timers remember the 70's and early 80's. I still remember being turn around by a frigging tank on NW 7th ave. Now Chicago, now that is a dangerous city.

I remember the McDuffie killing and the riots. Police brutality and out of control cocaine violence. You saw far more than me as I was across the causeway. A tank turned you away? ****.

Advertisement
Back