Thomas Brown blasts national perception of Miami

Advertisement
McFarland's ppl must be in his ear about the crime in Miami.

The thing I've always said about Miami crime in comparison to other places I've been, is that for the most part, if you mind your business down here and aren't involved in anything illicit, you're gonna be A-Ok.

Mcfarland pops is a miami fan and from what i have read his mom wants him to come to miami too.

Yep. From what I know from someone close to him, he comes from a very levelheaded family but more importantly his folks are cool with Miami.

There's bad sections of every single metro area in America. The only people who are scared of Miami are goobers who live in the sticks and have never lived in any type of city before.

Advertisement
Only people with an agenda would say that Miami is a dangerous city. And if you believe that and it scares you out of coming here you're a ******* ******.

Most of the country thinks it is, sadly.

Tell that to our tourism numbers. The sad reality though is that most of the football talent is from the bible belt where people really ARE that stupid. They couldn't last a day here and they're scared to death of it.

They think the rest of the city isn't safe.

USC's campus is located right smack dab in the middle of Brim gang turf in South LA...

There's Bloods, Crips & 18th street in that whole surrounding area... At least Gables is some ways away from the rough parts of Miami, ****in USC is literally right across the street from Gang turf.

And truth be told, the players never have anything to worry about anyway, street dudes don't f*ck with athletes unless they give'em a reason too...

In fact, most real street dudes try to keep athletes out of trouble & steer them away from getting involved in crazy ****.

I can confirm this. I've been on USC's campus multiple times when I was in the Marine Corps. The area's sketchy as all ****.

Miami may not be the safest city, but the UM campus is located in Coral Gables of all places. Not comparable.

Thing is, when you're in the safe parts of Miami Dade, the bad parts are a world away as far as you're concerned. You'd have to drive a good hour/hour and a half to get into any sketchy neighborhood from campus.

That's not true, there are "sketchy" areas of South Miami 5-10 minutes from campus. Not as bad as other areas, but not great areas.

And McFarland is not from a great area in Maryland. His school is, and own personal home might be, but the overall area isn't great, so I don't know why anyone is bringing him up.

This is classic. Every major city in the country has poor and dangerous neighborhoods - LA, Chicago, Houston, NYC, Atlanta. Seems like a stupid argument to me.

Advertisement
SLC has high crime rate slums too.

USC's campus is located right smack dab in the middle of Brim gang turf in South LA...

There's Bloods, Crips & 18th street in that whole surrounding area... At least Gables is some ways away from the rough parts of Miami, ****** USC is literally right across the street from Gang turf.

And truth be told, the players never have anything to worry about anyway, street dudes don't f*ck with athletes unless they give'em a reason too...

In fact, most real street dudes try to keep athletes out of trouble & steer them away from getting involved in crazy ****.

Was in LA. USC and the powers that be are buying up the surrounding area and homes in an effort to improve the area.

Advertisement
If I'm recruiting an out of state kid, I'm selling Coral Gables, not Miami, especially to the parents. Not much to knock about the Gables.

Miami is a worldwide famous city with a popular perception, not Coral Gables. That makes zero sense.

Last edited:

There's Bloods, Crips & 18th street in that whole surrounding area... At least Gables is some ways away from the rough parts of Miami, ****in USC is literally right across the street from Gang turf.

I can confirm this. I've been on USC's campus multiple times when I was in the Marine Corps. The area's sketchy as all ****.

Miami may not be the safest city, but the UM campus is located in Coral Gables of all places. Not comparable.

Thing is, when you're in the safe parts of Miami Dade, the bad parts are a world away as far as you're concerned. You'd have to drive a good hour/hour and a half to get into any sketchy neighborhood from campus.

You clearly don't live in Miami.

Advertisement

Parts of Coconut Grove are not places you'd want to go at night. It's where the race riots happened in 1980. A few years back my buddy from the Marines got jacked by three hoods in the Grove at knife point (he said they had a bigass carving knife like something from Halloween) as he was leaning on his car waiting for his friends to meet him. Fortunately they took his cash and his phone, but left his credit cards and ID. Considerate of them. His fault in a way- can't just be looking lost in the sketchy part of town for 30 min. The wolves will get ya.

Parts of Coconut Grove are not places you'd want to go at night. It's where the race riots happened in 1980. A few years back my buddy from the Marines got jacked by three hoods in the Grove at knife point (he said they had a bigass carving knife like something from Halloween) as he was leaning on his car waiting for his friends to meet him. Fortunately they took his cash and his phone, but left his credit cards and ID. Considerate of them. His fault in a way- can't just be looking lost in the sketchy part of town for 30 min. The wolves will get ya.

I was in high school and tried to cut through one of those areas to get home and a cop stopped us and saw we were a car full of white teenagers said "unless you're looking to score drugs, turn around." One of my friends asked where exactly....., and the cop gave him a look, and I promptly turned around.

Thomas Brown needs to worry about 230 pound rbs on his depth chart that he somehow forgot was in the rotation.

Advertisement
Back