Thomas Brown blasts national perception of Miami

This "thug" garbage is just racist as ****. And most of this country is racist as ****, too. It's not just our AA football players they hate, they hate the Hispanics and all the "New Yorkers" (dog whistle for Jews). It's disgusting and unacceptable.

Advertisement
And McFarland is not from a great area in Maryland. His school is, and own personal home might be, but the overall area isn't great, so I don't know why anyone is bringing him up.

Where is he from on Maryland? If he's from Prince George County, that has a lot of rough hoods, even MS13

This "thug" garbage is just racist as ****. And most of this country is racist as ****, too. It's not just our AA football players they hate, they hate the Hispanics and all the "New Yorkers" (dog whistle for Jews). It's disgusting and unacceptable.

Truth

Sounds like Brown had the same dumb preconceived notions about Miami and our players too before Rick had to overpay him to get him here.

Sounds like Brown had the same dumb preconceived notions about Miami and our players too before Rick had to overpay him to get him here.

Which is funny bc he played in Atlanta and Cleveland which are easily as bad as the worst of Miami. I bet these family members he spoke of when he told him he was going to those city's responded with:

"Ooh, you gonna be so cold." (Cleveland)
"Ooh, I heard everybody's on the down low up there." (Atlanta)

Both places have way more crime than Miami. Just goes to show you how the Cocaine Cowboys perception still casts a large shadow over the city.

Advertisement
I'm a third generation Miamian, my parents went to high school at Jackson and Miami High, and lived in Allapattah and we're white!
Never had anything ever happen in my entire family.
Point is, keep your nose clean and you avoid certain situations to a degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just said a mouth full and it is the truth. The U just got the reputation of all of what you mentioned above and like those groups of people there is no shaking it. What do you do about it? Fugum, and keep it moving. Stop trying to fit in because those that don't see you in a negative light will associate with you and those that do won't. Also, we have racist from within the CIS community and it's good opportunity for them to see just how stupid they are.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Truth.webp

USC's campus is located right smack dab in the middle of Brim gang turf in South LA...

There's Bloods, Crips & 18th street in that whole surrounding area... At least Gables is some ways away from the rough parts of Miami, ****in USC is literally right across the street from Gang turf.

And truth be told, the players never have anything to worry about anyway, street dudes don't f*ck with athletes unless they give'em a reason too...

In fact, most real street dudes try to keep athletes out of trouble & steer them away from getting involved in crazy ****.

Your last sentence is the **** truth, back in the days dudes on the block kept me away from them for the lone reason they always had stashes all over the place, they would hit me up and tell me to come by once everything was gone.+1000 on your post El!

USC's campus is located right smack dab in the middle of Brim gang turf in South LA...

There's Bloods, Crips & 18th street in that whole surrounding area... At least Gables is some ways away from the rough parts of Miami, ****in USC is literally right across the street from Gang turf.

And truth be told, the players never have anything to worry about anyway, street dudes don't f*ck with athletes unless they give'em a reason too...

In fact, most real street dudes try to keep athletes out of trouble & steer them away from getting involved in crazy ****.

I can confirm this. I've been on USC's campus multiple times when I was in the Marine Corps. The area's sketchy as all ****.

Miami may not be the safest city, but the UM campus is located in Coral Gables of all places. Not comparable.

Thing is, when you're in the safe parts of Miami Dade, the bad parts are a world away as far as you're concerned. You'd have to drive a good hour/hour and a half to get into any sketchy neighborhood from campus.

That's not true, there are "sketchy" areas of South Miami 5-10 minutes from campus. Not as bad as other areas, but not great areas.

There are sketchy areas way closer than 5-10 minutes from campus. A few blocks west of campus is already a small sketchy hood.

I can confirm this. I've been on USC's campus multiple times when I was in the Marine Corps. The area's sketchy as all ****.

Miami may not be the safest city, but the UM campus is located in Coral Gables of all places. Not comparable.

Thing is, when you're in the safe parts of Miami Dade, the bad parts are a world away as far as you're concerned. You'd have to drive a good hour/hour and a half to get into any sketchy neighborhood from campus.

That's not true, there are "sketchy" areas of South Miami 5-10 minutes from campus. Not as bad as other areas, but not great areas.

There are sketchy areas way closer than 5-10 minutes from campus. A few blocks west of campus is already a small sketchy hood.

That's the beginning of the South Miami area

Advertisement

Yea and there's a small hood there I wouldn't want to be caught in at night.

It's less than 5 minutes away, but I agree with what you're saying.

Yea and there's a small hood there I wouldn't want to be caught in at night.

It's less than 5 minutes away, but I agree with what you're saying.

Ransom had the bright idea to play their home baseball games there 20 years ago

You clearly don't live in Miami.

Parts of Coconut Grove are not places you'd want to go at night. It's where the race riots happened in 1980. A few years back my buddy from the Marines got jacked by three hoods in the Grove at knife point (he said they had a bigass carving knife like something from Halloween) as he was leaning on his car waiting for his friends to meet him. Fortunately they took his cash and his phone, but left his credit cards and ID. Considerate of them. His fault in a way- can't just be looking lost in the sketchy part of town for 30 min. The wolves will get ya.

Anyone who claims Miami isn't safe is a moron, especially Coral Gables, that being said, Miami is oddly designed in the sense that the hood is not as far from you as you would think. Two or three streets down can make a world of a difference in many parts of the city.

Advertisement

Parts of Coconut Grove are not places you'd want to go at night. It's where the race riots happened in 1980. A few years back my buddy from the Marines got jacked by three hoods in the Grove at knife point (he said they had a bigass carving knife like something from Halloween) as he was leaning on his car waiting for his friends to meet him. Fortunately they took his cash and his phone, but left his credit cards and ID. Considerate of them. His fault in a way- can't just be looking lost in the sketchy part of town for 30 min. The wolves will get ya.

Anyone who claims Miami isn't safe is a moron, especially Coral Gables, that being said, Miami is oddly designed in the sense that the hood is not as far from you as you would think. Two or three streets down can make a world of a difference in many parts of the city.

A lot of cities are like that. New Orleans says hi.

he said this because he had people back in georgia tell him to think twice and even in his mind he thought about it

the 30 for 30 tells you all you need to know how a big part of americca viewed the Miami Hurricanes.

As does Chitown

As does Chitown

Yup, I can vouch for that too

Advertisement
Back