The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a Mark Farley disciple in the sense that he got his first on-field coaching job from him at Norther Iowa.

But his first job as an Offensive assistant was under Chip Kelly as his WR’s coach, so in that respect he’s considered a Chip Kelly disciple. Although, for whatever reason he didn’t run the system he learned under Chip at Nebraska like he did at UCF.
Appreciate the explanation. So he's really just nice like that uh?

Advertisement
Let me revise into tiers.

Tier 1: Mullen
Tier 2: Candle, Brady, Ludwig, Johns, Coen
Tier 3: Frost, Arroyo
Tier 4: Peetz
Tier 5: Martin, Coley
Frost is an accomplished OC and carries a mixed bag as HC. His recruiting prowess and history in the state of Florida are also positives.

He doesn't belong in tier 3.

My mom isn’t dragging anything these days…..she’s as dead as Gattis’s coaching career.
necrofilia

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Frost is an accomplished OC and carries a mixed bag as HC. His recruiting prowess and history in the state of Florida are also positives.

His only experience as an oc was with an offensive hc and stepping into a system that was already absolutely rolling. I’m not sure how accomplished that is compared to the tier 2 guys. He also probably has more baggage than any other candidate.

Last edited:

You simply want to ignore Frost's current baggage ... he probably doesn't even belong in Tier 3 until he takes another job at an FAU or similar program and demonstrates that he has his act together. Mario can't take a risk of that nature after totally blowing it on Gattis.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This thread is hostile af. Dont mention someone that's not someone's favorite. Especially the air raid bros who think its a magic scheme. Its the only scheme that can win titles. U mention the back 2 back champions, they talk about all the talent they have...which is true. 2 of the teams that were in the playoffs for the past 2 consecutive years, do not run air raid and play power ball. But apparently its not possible for us to win with it. Listen im fine with a qualified coach. Even the most obvious sure thing can fall on their face if they are not relateable or good teachers. Keep that in mind

His only experience as an oc was with an offensive hc and stepping into a system that was already absolutely rolling. I’m not sure how accomplished that is compared to the tier 2 guys. He also probably has more baggage than any other candidate.

So if you give Mark Helfrich the credit for the offensive production as HC in Oregon, then do you give Frost the credit as HC for the offense at UCF?

You simply want to ignore Frost's current baggage ... he probably doesn't even belong in Tier 3 until he takes another job at an FAU or similar program and demonstrates that he has his act together. Mario can't take a risk of that nature after totally blowing it on Gattis.

No, I understand the behavior at more than a superficial level and won't reflexively blow it out of proportion.

Someone who knows him personally or who understands how the disease works will get a really good coach.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back