The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you give Mark Helfrich the credit for the offensive production as HC in Oregon, then do you give Frost the credit as HC for the offense at UCF?
Yes, I think that’s fair. However, that was at a g5 level and the Frost offenses we’ve seen since then were abysmal.

Advertisement
Heck that's one thing I do well is heal! Busted bones, gunshots, you name it. Physical therapy, the right kind, can do wonders to keep you going. Just played 18 holes Thursday and am in the midst of painting a storage shed, and built 50 yards of 4 board fencing last week. All is good ... thanks for the thought!!

**** maybe I do need to get knocked around by a horse…..with you being able to do all that maybe it will knock some of my beat up sHT back into place…🤣

l
And the fact he looks like Powder and the observer from Fringe is a plus.

So what is going to happen in the Miami heat?

raiders-of-the-lost-ark-face-melt.gif

Well said. And it happened to be their lowest output of the season. The next 5 games, they put up 45, 35, 37, 56, and 34 respectively...I'd take scoring like that around here every day of the week.

But some people just want to be petty ********. And no - I'm not rooting for Arroyo to be here - just am tired of the baseless bashing that happens.
U know how we do around here. Find a narrative and stick to it like glue. While he’s not my 1st choice at OC, Truth is, we can do a lot worse than Arroyo.

Advertisement
I was on the Ruggiero train until you brought up all of these facts. He is not going anywhere. Getting him away from Clawson would be like trying to pull Mirabal away from Mario.
this depends. how much does he make? how much has he made? does he have kids in college or about to go to college and want to go to a place other than wake (free or reduced tuition)? lots of factors, about 1.x reasons. ****, he makes that for 3-4 years and it is life changing money for him.

my preliminary research shows he made $730,000 in 2020. is a million more a year with incentives attractive to him? what are clawson's plans?

nah...

this is a convenient reflexive response cast on people with substance use issues, but Frost only developed an alcohol use disorder when he got to Linocln at 43 years old.. If he always drank it didn't impact his professional performance and rise to a significant level until he got the Nebraska. That suggests his real problem is more local to Lincoln and that particular time in his life than a long-standing problem with booze that needs structured substance use treatment.

Change of scenery may be the best treatment for Frost because football is a source of structure, community and offers a sense of accomplishment for him. Sitting in a room, away from coaching, with a bunch of drug addicts sifting through trauma may be the worst place for Scott Frost.

curious response.

how do you know that he developed alcohol use disorder only at 43 and only when he got to lincoln?

Advertisement
don’t tell the NFL you’re not supposed to hire coaches that have worked under certain offensive coaches. They might find out CIS thinks it makes them unqualified…seriously do y’all even watch football?

this depends. how much does he make? how much has he made? does he have kids in college or about to go to college and want to go to a place other than wake (free or reduced tuition)? lots of factors, about 1.x reasons. ****, he makes that for 3-4 years and it is life changing money for him.

my preliminary research shows he made $730,000 in 2020. is a million more a year with incentives attractive to him? what are clawson's plans?

He's making $875K now, and in a super-low-cost-of-living town.

Even if we give him an extra $900K, he's got to find housing in SoFla. And did you see the list of places he's worked/lived for the last 37 years? Biggest place he's worked has been Manhattan...KANSAS...

[PS, though it pains me to say it, Wake is a better academic school too, if the kids are the consideration]

Yeah man… we the geriatrics crew. Im old enough to remember when DMX was at the top of the game and Santana Moss kept scoring on FSU.
Wasn't alive for the 80s, so I missed UM glory days but I remember Moss, and Parrish.

Advertisement
curious response.

how do you know that he developed alcohol use disorder only at 43 and only when he got to lincoln?
easy, that's when it impacted him professionally...

He couldn't have been carrying on so sloppily at Oregon or UCF and climb the coaching ladder the way he did. At Lincoln alcohol use impacted coaching responsibilities (late to meetings), recruiting and became pervasive in a manner that isn't congruent with his coaching trajectory before Nebraska came calling.

And if he simply lost the ability to hide it, or cope, that again is unique to his current circumstances more than the booze itself.

Last edited:
He's making $875K now, and in a super-low-cost-of-living town.

Even if we give him an extra $900K, he's got to find housing in SoFla. And did you see the list of places he's worked/lived for the last 37 years? Biggest place he's been has been Manhattan...KANSAS...

[PS, though it pains me to say it, Wake is a better academic school too, if the kids are the consideration]
i agree with you generally but you never know until you ask. unlikely but people change and their needs change and develop.

easy, that's when it impacted him professionally...

He couldn't have been carrying on that way at Oregon, UCF and climbing the coaching ladder the way he did. At Lincoln alcohol use impacted coaching responsibilities (late to meetings), recruiting and became pervasive in a manner that isn't congruent with his coaching trajectory before Lincoln, Ne.

And if he simply lost the ability to hide it, or cope, then again it's unique to his current circumstances more than it is the booze itself.

you said "Frost only developed an alcohol use disorder when he got to Linocln at 43 years old.. If he always drank it didn't impact his professional performance and rise to a significant level until he got the Nebraska. That suggests his real problem is more local to Lincoln and that particular time in his life than a long-standing problem with booze that needs structured substance use treatment.

Change of scenery may be the best treatment for Frost
because football is a source of structure, community and offers a sense of accomplishment for him. Sitting in a room, away from coaching, with a bunch of drug addicts sifting through trauma may be the worst place for Scott Frost."

i simply asked how you know this, unless you surmised it, which seems you did.

Advertisement
you said "Frost only developed an alcohol use disorder when he got to Linocln at 43 years old.. If he always drank it didn't impact his professional performance and rise to a significant level until he got the Nebraska. That suggests his real problem is more local to Lincoln and that particular time in his life than a long-standing problem with booze that needs structured substance use treatment.

Change of scenery may be the best treatment for Frost because football is a source of structure, community and offers a sense of accomplishment for him. Sitting in a room, away from coaching, with a bunch of drug addicts sifting through trauma may be the worst place for Scott Frost."

i simply asked how you know this, unless you surmised it, which seems you did.

by the definition of the concept and experience with substance use problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back