The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
7-23 is a bit misleading.

He was 0-6 during the Covid year, which was his first season. Talk about starting behind the 8 ball.

The 2022 team had 5 wins and 4 1-score losses, while missing their qb (& best player) for like half the season.

I was shocked that he got fired. He didn’t deserve to.

He pulled a few 5 star transfers, including at QB and WR.

Im not saying I want him, but the guy isn’t a bum.
Sounds like a lot of excuses. You are what your record says you are.

Advertisement
Just saw 247 tweet that Mullen was in coral gables. Any legs to that? My number 1 OC choice!!!

Just saw 247 tweet that Mullen was in coral gables. Any legs to that? My number 1 OC choice!!!
Academy Awards Film GIF by CBS

Advertisement
by the definition of the concept and experience with substance use problems.

that's what i was axing. thanks.

then you know that addiction has nothing to do with geography nor is it a light switch. if he does have an addiction problem, then i suggest that it certainly didn't start in lincoln nor when he was 43, nor will it go away when he leaves lincoln. geographic cures are not cures at all since you tend to take your baggage with you on your back. again, i don't know the details, but a grown man that is unable to do his job because he's drinking suggest an addiction problem and that problem is usually best addressed by treatment and/or a 12 step program. moving from lincoln to x isn't likely to work.

Advertisement
that's what i was axing. thanks.

then you know that addiction has nothing to do with geography nor is it a light switch. if the does have an addiction problem, then i suggest that it certainly didn't start in lincoln nor when he was 43, nor will it go away when he leaves lincoln. geographic cures are not cures at all since you tend to take your baggage with you on your back. again, i don't know the details, but a grown man that is unable to do his job because he's drinking suggest an addiction problem and that problem is usually best addressed by treatment and/or a 12 step program. moving from lincoln to x isn't likely to work.
Wherever you go, there you are. I hope the guy can rebound but I don’t see any way Mario is taking that risk at this time. He is not in a position to be gambling at the moment.

Johns seems like a good choice. I think anyone Mike Elko and Kevin Wilson have both hired is probably solid. Elko is a **** good coach and Wilson is a great offensive mind (unfortunately with the same problem as Frost plus being an unpleasant guy with a history of mistreating players). I like Kotelnicki from Kansas but it seems very unlikely that he would even be on the long list.

I think Mario will find someone solid because it is a high paying job with a great opportunity to show immediate and significant improvement.

Advertisement
Wherever you go, there you are. I hope the guy can rebound but I don’t see any way Mario is taking that risk at this time. He is not in a position to be gambling at the moment.

Johns seems like a good choice. I think anyone Mike Elko and Kevin Wilson have both hired is probably solid. Elko is a **** good coach and Wilson is a great offensive mind (unfortunately with the same problem as Frost plus being an unpleasant guy with a history of mistreating players). I like Kotelnicki from Kansas but it seems very unlikely that he would even be on the long list.

I think Mario will find someone solid because it is a high paying job with a great opportunity to show immediate and significant improvement.

yes, there is no escaping you. and i agree that Mario cannot risk another failure after the colossal Gattis failure.

I wouldn’t say he really skipped over him. If I remember correctly, Williams tore his acl in spring and wasn’t ready until the middle of the season when Kaaya was already rolling.

I also believe people complained to Blake James about the practice field not being safe and his response was “what do you want me to do about it?” God he was a complete loser.
Yeah, we brought in a transfer - Jake Heaps? - who couldn’t beat out Kaaya.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back