The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
posted in another thread but this fits better here.

bring me a run first, vertical offense. this dink and dunk horizontally BS is boring to watch.

Advertisement
Mullen was a HC for 13 years in the SEC with a 103-61 record and won SEC COY. There will be plenty of HC jobs available for him. Not sure what the incentive is to go back to being an OC. He hasn’t been an OC since 2008.

Advertisement
Mullen was a HC for 13 years in the SEC with a 103-61 record and won SEC COY. There will be plenty of HC jobs available for him. Not sure what the incentive is to go back to being an OC. He hasn’t been an OC since 2008.

Being the OC at Miami would allow Mullen to focus on offense solely, without all the extra responsibility of being a HC

If he crushes it it makes it easier to get another top 25 HC job if that’s what he wants

If he is a guy that doesn't like recruiting then getting paid HC money at the U for a while before an NFL offer comes in could make sense.

I'm guessing right now he's getting Group of 5 looks--like Tom Herman got or Clay Helton after he was let go.

If Mullen has one good year as coordinator he'll be right back in play for Power 5 jobs. WIll Muschamp did that after UF fire him. Went from one season as Auburn dc to USCe HC.

I'm guessing right now he's getting Group of 5 looks--like Tom Herman got or Clay Helton after he was let go.

If Mullen has one good year as coordinator he'll be right back in play for Power 5 jobs. WIll Muschamp did that after UF fire him. Went from one season as Auburn dc to USCe HC.
I don't think he wants a mid college job, rumor at UF was that Mullen was chasing NFL gigs and stopped recruiting his last year there.

Advertisement
Being the OC at Miami would allow Mullen to focus on offense solely, without all the extra responsibility of being a HC

If he crushes it it makes it easier to get another top 25 HC job if that’s what he wants
Yeah, if he comes to the U and crushes it for 2 seasons (or a Cinderella season in 23'), he will rinsed off the stink of UF failure and be back up for a premiere job.

I'd love to see Mullen here, in theory, but practically, I doubt the marriage between him and CMC ever works. Mario is a grinder. He employs and recruits like minded individuals. Mullen has always come off, to me, as the complete opposite. He knows his stuff and the results speak for themselves. But, I doubt he checking in our recruits daily and building relationships the way Mario pushes his staff to

I'd love to see Mullen here, in theory, but practically, I doubt the marriage between him and CMC ever works. Mario is a grinder. He employs and recruits like minded individuals. Mullen has always come off, to me, as the complete opposite. He knows his stuff and the results speak for themselves. But, I doubt he checking in our recruits daily and building relationships the way Mario pushes his staff to
He's going to the SEC.....Give me Yost at $750.000 per yr, for 2-3yrs. I'd love to see what'd he do with TVD and Jacurri. You saw what he did with other QBs in his career. Would love Mullen, and he'd be my 1st choice, but he's SEC bound, and like another poster said, he wants a HC job soon.

He's going to the SEC.....Give me Yost at $750.000 per yr, for 2-3yrs. I'd love to see what'd he do with TVD and Jacurri. You saw what he did with other QBs in his career. Would love Mullen, and he'd be my 1st choice, but he's SEC bound, and like another poster said, he wants a HC job soon.

For what we paid Gattis you could get Yost and Jeff Scott

Advertisement
Guys like Garrett Riley, Seth Littrell would be great Mario-kinda guys because of their emphasis on the running game in addition to the passing game. Either guy would be a fantastic hire for Miami.
having a physical mentality is all about the type of player you recruit and who your HC is. Arkansas is one of the most physical teams and CFB and they run a true spread system. 61% of their plays were rushing attempts.

Advertisement
Didn’t Yost get fired at Texas Tech?

Didn’t Yost get fired at Texas Tech?
So???....He had the #1 Offense in America in 2017 at Utah St....his Offenses at Missouri both receiving and rushing were the best in the Big12...and for the Mike Leach lovers (RIP) he coached WRs under him....Lol at getting fired...absolutely meaningless. His resume speaks for itself. Go Google David Yost...that'll tell you how Good his offenses were. All his players rave about him...From Justin Herbert...to Dak Prescott....

So???....He had the #1 Offense in America in 2017 at Utah St....his Offenses at Missouri both receiving and rushing were the best in the Big12...and for the Mike Leach lovers (RIP) he coached WRs under him....Lol at getting fired...absolutely meaningless. His resume speaks for itself. Go Google David Yost...that'll tell you how Good his offenses were. All his players rave about him...From Justin Herbert...to Dak Prescott....
Would be a great hire and he is already living in Miami. Natural.

I’m just curious. Obviously, there are two sides to every story, but I’m wondering why he was let go. Think it’s a fair question to ask…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back