The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Joe Brady
1a Dan Mullen

2 Tom Herman

3 Garrett Riley (don’t see him leaving)
Like all of them, but none are taking this job. Garrett will get a HC job next. Herman will too once he’s done getting paid by UT. Mullen is HC who would kill his career taking an OC job at a third rate program.

Brady is likely looking for an NFL OC job but is the most likely of the bunch to come in exchange for cash.

Advertisement
Are we seriously making an argument to hire a guy that produced an offense that was worse than ours this year?

Advertisement
Right. Like why are we sure Mario is gonna can Gattis?
I still think he will, but I just think guys on here are getting way ahead of themselves with all these candidates we don't even know what timeline of Gattis would even be if he's gone

Advertisement
Let's compare apples to apples by using a common opponent. We scored 31 points with Miami's superior talent and $2MM/yr OC, meanwhile FIU scored 28pts with a vastly inferior roster and Yost as OC.

Go Canes

If the argument for Yost is that he scored more points against MTSU than Gattis did….nvm, not even worth debating.

Advertisement
Like all of them, but none are taking this job. Garrett will get a HC job next. Herman will too once he’s done getting paid by UT. Mullen is HC who would kill his career taking an OC job at a third rate program.

Brady is likely looking for an NFL OC job but is the most likely of the bunch to come in exchange for cash.

Probably right on all of this. Good thing is there are so many guys out there who are capable who would find this job attractive. It’s on Mario to use whatever resources, get whatever help he needs to find one of them and get them here. No excuses!

Probably right on all of this. Good thing is there are so many guys out there who are capable who would find this job attractive. It’s on Mario to use whatever resources, get whatever help he needs to find one of them and get them here. No excuses!
agreed, and that's one reason he has Alonzo Highsmith, who has probably met 75% of college coaches during the last 20 plus years scouting future NFL players.

Advertisement
Scott frost would be a DISASTER if even half of what I have read is accurate. I followed a lot of the comments on the main board during this season leading up to his termination. He has been more than a bit "distracted" over the past couple of years in Nebraska. Huge issues with alcohol and banging coeds at one sorority on campus. Missing or late for practices, failed to show at an in-home with a 5 star recruit due to being out drinking ... called the crewts dad hung over or still drunk. His wife left him some time earlier in the year and returned to Orlando area. From all I have read I would avoid Frost like the plague. Mullen would be an interesting choice for sure. Tom Herman would be a great choice as well if he still has the fire. Sometimes those big buyouts can extinguish the "need" to succeed.

10000% accurate on Frost. I know some higher-up Nebraska boosters and these stories were coming out early on in his tenure. The trip to Ireland to lose to Northwestern was the last straw as he went on a public bender out there.

Avoid Tom Herman like the plague. There’s a reason he’s not getting any calls. I worked for an Austin based company for the past seven years and knew a lot of dialed in folks. Herman supposedly loves the blow and he and wifey are said to be big time swingers.

Toxic combination to bring those two to South Florida expecting any work to get done.

10000% accurate on Frost. I know some higher-up Nebraska boosters and these stories were coming out early on in his tenure. The trip to Ireland to lose to Northwestern was the last straw as he went on a public bender out there.

Avoid Tom Herman like the plague. There’s a reason he’s not getting any calls. I worked for an Austin based company for the past seven years and knew a lot of dialed in folks. Herman supposedly loves the blow and he and wifey are said to be big time swingers.

Toxic combination to bring those two to South Florida expecting any work to get done.
miami is the swinger capital of the world. have you seen pics of his wife?

Go compare Yosts Offenses and work with quality QBs throughout his career compared to Gattis.
You’re missing the point though. The debate isn’t whether Yost is better than Gattis. He is. We know that because Gattis is horrible. That doesn’t mean we should justify having Yost as OC considering he had like the 120th ranked offense.

If we’re setting the bar that low then we’re truly fücked lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back