The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Like why are we sure Mario is gonna can Gattis?

It's looking more and more likely with every passing day that Gattis is staying. No, I have no inside info but nobody does for that matter. "We have to turn the roster over completely and then Gattis will succeed" is the likely narrative that MC is going with. I'm sure they all watched Michigan and saw what our future will look like in 8-10 years

Advertisement
You’re missing the point though. The debate isn’t whether Yost is better than Gattis. He is. We know that because Gattis is horrible. That doesn’t mean we should justify having Yost as OC considering he had like the 120th ranked offense.

If we’re setting the bar that low then we’re truly fücked lol.
At FIU....at Utah St #1....everywhere else...Top 10

At FIU....at Utah St #1....everywhere else...Top 10
I mean that's just not true

2017 Utah State - 55th in points per game (year one)
2018 Utah State - 2nd in points per game (**** of a year)
2019 Texas Tech - 56th in points per game
2020 Texas Tech - 62nd in points per game (fired)
2021 didn't coach
2022 FIU - 120th in points per game

I mean that's just not true

2017 Utah State - 55th in points per game (year one)
2018 Utah State - 2nd in points per game (**** of a year)
2019 Texas Tech - 56th in points per game
2020 Texas Tech - 62nd in points per game (fired)
2021 didn't coach
2022 FIU - 120th in points per game
Still better than the last 2 we've had....Has nothing to work with at FIU....2021 didn't coach because of birth of his child.

what about yost with arroyo. would that duo blend well together or are they both recycled trash. I'm feeling Dan Mullen out of the options names just cause he has put up numbers against good teams with different types of quarterbacks behind center. I think Mullen also uses the running backs and tight ends well in his offense. But I would love a good OC who can utilize elite wrs. Seems that elite wrs change the dynamic of an offense for any coordinator.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone will mention Mullens, Riley, and Golesh. Imo those dudes will have better options. List below probably more realistic.

Kevin Johns
Warren Ruggiero
Mike Shanahan (JMU)
Chip Long
Andrew Sowder
Kendal Briles
Jeff Scott

Heaven above, just hire Kittley or Mullen ffs...
We should (at the very least) make Kittley an offer. I know he’s a Texas Tech alum and started coaching there as a GA, so it’ll be hard to pull him away. Still have to offer and make him say no.

Mullen is a no brainer and I hope we offer him because I think he’d be very interested.

Advertisement
Can some Xs&Os guy on here tell me more about Collin Klein and Kansas State offense? It looks like they score a lot of points (albeit in the Big XII).

I know he is probably a lifer in Manhattan (he played QB there) but I’m just curious.

Last edited:
Everyone will mention Mullens, Riley, and Golesh. Imo those dudes will have better options. List below probably more realistic.

Kevin Johns
Warren Ruggiero
Mike Shanahan (JMU)
Chip Long
Andrew Sowder
Kendal Briles
Jeff Scott
Remember we aren't going to get outbid

Chip Long is a HARD PASS, and we can go big game hunting. We got to get the old mentality out. Jeff Scott isnt a QB coach, he is another OC/WR coach.

Mullen
Herman
Longo
Brady

Advertisement

Kevin Johns
Warren Ruggiero
Mike Shanahan (JMU)
Chip Long
Andrew Sowder
Kendal Briles
Jeff Scott
YES
Yes
Maybe
No
Yes