The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember we aren't going to get outbid

Chip Long is a HARD PASS, and we can go big game hunting. We got to get the old mentality out. Jeff Scott isnt a QB coach, he is another OC/WR coach.

Mullen
Herman
Longo
Brady
Longo is HC in waiting. Herman a candidate for Cinny. Mullen still getting paid by Florida. Brady ain’t interested in college ball.

Advertisement
I’m making an educated guess that the known lost of candidates from Rd 1 has changed

JCandle - Toledo is in MAC champ
Golesh - pay bump to $1.2mm ; interviewing for Cincy job
Brady - seems content in nfl

One name that falls under the search criteria is current Utah OC Andy Ludwig

He’s seasoned, has a very good resume and has balanced offenses

He’s not my preferred choice. I just wouldn’t be shocked if he was mentioned

I’m making an educated guess that the known lost of candidates from Rd 1 has changed

JCandle - Toledo is in MAC champ
Golesh - pay bump to $1.2mm ; interviewing for Cincy job
Brady - seems content in nfl

One name that falls under the search criteria is current Utah OC Andy Ludwig

He’s seasoned, has a very good resume and has balanced offenses

He’s not my preferred choice. I just wouldn’t be shocked if he was mentioned
Agree, I always thought Ludwig's name would come out at some point. He likes to do what Mario wants to do.

Utah's offense is 10th in ppg (39,4), has 220 rushing yd per game and uses A LOT tight ends

Here is an excerpt from a Ludwig's press conference in 2019:

"We would be a very physical football team. We would be committed to running the football. We’d be an excellent play-action pass team. We’d have a dynamic quarterback that can play under center, in the gun, can do things with the play-action pass, the spread-run game, the whole deal. We just want to be very hard to defend while playing to our strengths.”

Not my preferred choice too, but he'd fit Mario IMHO.

Advertisement
10000% accurate on Frost. I know some higher-up Nebraska boosters and these stories were coming out early on in his tenure. The trip to Ireland to lose to Northwestern was the last straw as he went on a public bender out there.

Avoid Tom Herman like the plague. There’s a reason he’s not getting any calls. I worked for an Austin based company for the past seven years and knew a lot of dialed in folks. Herman supposedly loves the blow and he and wifey are said to be big time swingers.

Toxic combination to bring those two to South Florida expecting any work to get done.
I get cocaine being a detriment, but why do you mention the swinging as a negative?

What does his sexual preference have to do with coaching?

I get cocaine being a detriment, but why do you mention the swinging as a negative?

I don't know if you're being serious lol but if stuff is kept very private so be it; but if stuff that would bring embarrassment to a program is making it out, then maybe you lack proper judgment. Lacking judgment to me is always a red flag, particularly if you want someone in a prominent position.

Advertisement
Mario is going to pull from his tree. That's just what he does.
We have plenty of coaches that aren’t from his tree right now

It’s different when you transfer jobs, of course he intended on bringing a bunch of Oregon staffers the first time

That also seems to be the same type of conversation highly connected Texas or Auburn boosters would have about any coach they wanted out…

What was their insight on Charlie Strong at Texas, or were they just completely honest on that one….

Sark is 2 losses away from rumors about his AA sponsor running a moonshine mill…

I’d hold Golesh and Longo at gun point and make one of them accept 2.2 million to be the OC here

What's the deal with Golesh? I thought he wasn't calling plays but rather it was Heupel?

Advertisement
Agree, I always thought Ludwig's name would come out at some point. He likes to do what Mario wants to do.

Utah's offense is 10th in ppg (39,4), has 220 rushing yd per game and uses A LOT tight ends

Here is an excerpt from a Ludwig's press conference in 2019:

"We would be a very physical football team. We would be committed to running the football. We’d be an excellent play-action pass team. We’d have a dynamic quarterback that can play under center, in the gun, can do things with the play-action pass, the spread-run game, the whole deal. We just want to be very hard to defend while playing to our strengths.”

Not my preferred choice too, but he'd fit Mario IMHO.
Multiple @JimmyJohnsonsHair

Advertisement
What's the deal with Golesh? I thought he wasn't calling plays but rather it was Heupel?
I never was able to confirm who called their plays. I think somebody, somewhere in this thread said that Golesh does call the plays for Tennessee but I'm not sure.

Crossed out Tom Herman, Scott Satterfield and Jason Candle as they are no longer options with Herman taking the FAU job and the latter two being retained.

Anyone with insight on Philip Montgomery? I know he fizzled out as HC but Tulsa isn't an easy gig, and some just aren't HC material. His offense still improved there with poor QBs.

Did he call plays at Baylor? I'd kill for that offense (yes yes....bring in Art...) Baylor had strong rushing numbers during his years there and he coaches QBs.

Seems like a good fit on the surface but I have no idea about all these guys backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back