The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a lot of the top offenses this year are really ran by the HC's. I'm not sure whats really available in the top 25.

Advertisement
At this point I’d like to hire a proven guy especially with developing qb’s. Anae would be my choice in a perfect world but I imagine that’s unrealistic. He could be Mario’s Norm Chow @k9cane thoughts ? lol
The more I think of it the more Anae makes the most sense. Develops qb's, utilizes the entire field, brings balanced run/pass approach, and has done a lot with less. Not sure if he can recruit at the highest level but we have enough on that side to make up for any deficiencies there. You lure him with 💵 and the ability to bring a couple assistants of his choosing and let's ride.

The more I think of it the more Anae makes the most sense. Develops qb's, utilizes the entire field, brings balanced run/pass approach, and has done a lot with less. Not sure if he can recruit at the highest level but we have enough on that side to make up for any deficiencies there. You lure him with 💵 and the ability to bring a couple assistants of his choosing and let's ride.

We could do a lot worse than Anae but I’m not sure on the recruiting side and Manufacturing of points side he’s the shot in the arm Miami needs

Advertisement
Unless Mario is some meddler and I don't think he is, how hard can it be to find an OC?

Mario likely has a demand list that he wants offense to be (1) physical and (2) able to run and (3) likely wants to retain Mirabal.

Apart from that, you get to live in Miami, get paid in the top percentage of coordinators and will likely run whatever offense you want to run without the head coaching looking over your shoulder and questioning playcalls.
I can’t see an OC candidate not accepting being physical, having a run game, and accepting Mirabal. The first two are football fundamentals, and Mirabal is a highly regarded OL coach, despite what some porsters spew here. An Air Raid OC may not be a match but Mario isn’t hiring an Air Raid OC.

Most OCs are going to want at least a say on the remaining staff at WR, RB, and TE, and QB unless they fill that role. Gattis‘ firing opens the WR spot, and Ponce the odd man out assuming the OC is also QBC. Whose to say Field and Smith wouldn’t work well with a new OC?

IMO the disconnect among the staff starts and ends with Gattis’ personality. He alienates everyone.

Would be A+++++

But 0% he comes here if Coach Cristobal will be meddling in his offense. Herman will have plenty of options if he wants to coach somewhere. Someone will give him the keys to their offense and stay out of the way (as they should).

I hope we at least try, but I doubt it.
Way late to this but yeah I agree THOUGH maybe a glimmer of hope for a guy like this would be a quick turnaround parlay into a HC job

Would look good for anyone to take this trash heap offense and make it look respectable

But a guy like Herman will have plenty of options if he wants them

We could do a lot worse than Anae but I’m not sure on the recruiting side and Manufacturing of points side he’s the shot in the arm Miami needs
To me the pros far outweigh any cons so its a yes from me

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t think anyone at Michigan was crying when Gattis left. Don’t think we really had to pull real hard

Bro, I’ve been critical of the Gattis hire since day 1, look it up

I’m using that as an example from a perception standpoint.

Longo is my number 1 target, by a large margin

In researching 2022 production and resume, any thoughts on Chip Lindsey, current UCF OC?

He’s been around, is a firmer HC at Troy, and had good production

UCF is top 30 in scoring and top 20 in 3rd down conversion. Strong recruiting ties to the southeast and and worked under Todd Monken and Gus Malzahn and Rush Probst

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back