The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Guarantee 90% of the board couldn’t identify a true air raid offense vs air raid principles
Dis one???
48DBA22D-F933-41CD-B7CF-FFA21F07A537.jpeg

Guarantee 90% of the board couldn’t identify a true air raid offense vs air raid principles
Important point. The concepts (especially the simplified, easy to teach, options to make the defense 'always wrong' parts) are what matter. The 5 WR pass all the time gimmick was for teams without elite talent trying to exploit a particular competitive landscape at a particular time. Those same guys from the Hal Mumme days probably wouldn't even run the 5WR all pass thing if you gave them a top 10 roster and told them to OC a modern offense, they would use TEs and develop the run game like Lincoln Riley did.

Advertisement
Mullen was a terrible Head Coach. I'm not sure he's getting one soon unless it's a small school.
And I don’t think Mullen would go down the ranks that far. Only school I could see him going to would be Ole Miss if lane leaves. Mullen either takes over a quality program/ takes a ******* bag at OC, or sticks to media.

Advertisement
Arkansas fans are sick of Briles

Attachments

• DB137D08-A0C2-4713-BE41-35FE4D54BB43.png
    DB137D08-A0C2-4713-BE41-35FE4D54BB43.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
Arkansas fans are sick of Briles
I can’t give analysis as I’m not watching the game but Arkansas is starting their backup.

Side note: I’d take Briles in a heartbeat over pretty much anyone besides Mullen.

Advertisement
Just about to post…

Would not have to adjust the staff that much either.
I think thats a very real possibility. How does the board feel about this? He was successful as a OC and WR coach.

Briles is overrated. I’m not saying he’s bad, but if he didn’t have his father’s name, people wouldn’t be salivating over his name.

I’ve watched him closely at both FSU and Arkansas — he’s a decent coordinator, obviously better than Gattis, but he’s not some sort of offensive savant like Reilly, Day, or Heupel.

Briles is overrated. I’m not saying he’s bad, but if he didn’t have his father’s name, people wouldn’t be salivating over his name.

I’ve watched him closely at both FSU and Arkansas — he’s a decent coordinator, obviously better than Gattis, but he’s not some sort of offensive savant like Reilly, Day, or Heupel.
X 1000000....I've been posting this exact thing for a few years already.

Advertisement
This was the name I immediately wanted a second after Mario was announced as HC...dude is a boss...and is from Miami Lakes.
But I think he wants to stay in NFL.
That's who I wanted too.

Always wondered how serious of a candidate he was though. I don't doubt there was contact. But his offensive philosophy is so different from Mario's, I had a hard time believing he was actually being considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back