The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank Reich is available.

Kidding, but hiring him would be quite an ironic, historical twist of fate.
Had that exact thought today. Would be a Bama-esque hire. Of course a long-shot but I actually think we should at least gauge interest. The type of offense he'd at least try to run would at least theoretically be conducive to the type of kids we recruit.

Advertisement
No, I'm saying I'd almost prefer to go full rebuild instead of one year with TVD, then we're breaking in a new QB in 2024.

Just rip the band-aid off next year.
I think they might portal in a QB for 2023 if TVD is out, assuming they don't feel the need for a "This is a green QB, he needs time to grow" excuse for next year.

Had that exact thought today. Would be a Bama-esque hire. Of course a long-shot but I actually think we should at least gauge interest. The type of offense he'd at least try to run would at least theoretically be conducive to the type of kids we recruit.
The irony is I think he was the Maryland QB who led a comeback from a 31-0 deficit to beat Miami in 1984.

Advertisement
Advertisement

(especially if Jacurri is the QB of the future)

those offenses fit Mario’s philosophy and what the fan base wants to see.

Am I wrong to be concerned that a random guy on a Canes message board is able to figure out 2 different offenses that would fit Mario's style well yet he took roughly 2 months to find an OC and still couldn't get it right?

Can't see Mario hiring a triple option guy (Coastal). Yes it's updated but it is still triple at its' core.

Advertisement
Longo has probably been offered many jobs. I almost guarantee he’s been promised that job when Mack retires. Which can’t be far off. He looks old and seems to be hitting the Chick-fil-A hard

Advertisement
If Brown or Garcia is the future, Dan Mullen. His QB development and offensive play calling is top tier.

Dan Mullen seems like the perfect hire for not an Air raid guy but is a great offensive mind also HC experience on O to help him
Mullen is going to get a hc job somewhere imo. His offense probably would be something Mario likes and the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back