The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be the most attractive OC job opening in the country because it is gonna be the highest paying, we are gonna be portaling in a huge amount of talent, and the last offense was so bad that fans are gonna crown you for simply achieving an average 30 ppg spread offense against a manageable ACC schedule.

Advertisement
This may be the most attractive OC job opening in the country because it is gonna be the highest paying, we are gonna be portaling in a huge amount of talent, and the last offense was so bad that fans are gonna crown you for simply achieving an average 30 ppg spread offense against a manageable ACC schedule.

If they can get a really good OC any chance that TVD stays?

Cap, the Bama job is most likely open. Also mario allegedly holds back OCs, the current talent is trash, yes incoming class/ portal should supplant. But the main driver for us is the high pay. But we aren’t near as good as the Bama opening

Slightly OT but reports saying USF is considering Gruden as the next HC and ready to write the check right now if he wants it

FAMU Simmons 1B

Frost potentially if Gruden says no

Advertisement
@SouthCarolinaCane ...your Boring comment means absolutely nothing to me....we lost out on several Good OCs because of Mario...but by all means, keep thinking Mario doesn't need to change his views.
You think he'll change after reality's **** slapped him the face against FSU?

Surely everyone from JJ to Zo is in his ear telling him his offense is outdated. ... Right?!

I'd almost prefer he didn't.

Let Rashada/Brown fight it out and grow with the young guys.
You are far too rational to have this irrational a post! TVD is still the most accomplished qb on this roster, and that includes any incoming freshmen.

Advertisement
Slightly OT but reports saying USF is considering Gruden as the next HC and ready to write the check right now if he wants it

FAMU Simmons 1B

Frost potentially if Gruden says no
Jay Gruden? Wow… :)

Advertisement
Golesh doesn’t call plays does he?
5271E34E-C0F9-4FD8-B721-40D00D306D1A.png

Advertisement
Yup. Currently like 2 options to upgrade the Offensive staff:

OPTION 1:

OC/QB - Mullen. Can do it with a dual threat or pocket passer and limited playmakers

Bring in Coley at WR/TE off the sinking TAMU ship

Let Ponce/Field Duke it out for the last spot lol

OPTION 2:
Jeff Scott OC/WR
Keep Ponce as QB
Still add James Coley to staff

Need a proven OC that can do more with less, which is why I lean Mullen, but Jeff Scott can coach WRs and score when he has the horses. Which will be pretty soon with Mario and crew recruiting.

Why is Coley a must in both options?

So you want inexperienced QBs to battle over a proven veteran?

If there's any chance for Van Dyke to stay it's a MASSIVE yes.

No, I'm saying I'd almost prefer to go full rebuild instead of one year with TVD, then we're breaking in a new QB in 2024.

Just rip the band-aid off next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back