The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I suppose his failure as the Carolina panthers OC is able to be ignored by many on here
Again, Brady got fired from an nfl oc gig with a huge talent deficiency at qb. Martin got fired from a college gig where he had a significant talent advantage over most of his opponents and finished 92nd in scoring.

Brady isn’t my number one choice by any means, but if I’m forced to pick between him and Martin, I’m definitely going Brady.

Advertisement
Let’s not forget that Rhule was clearly the worst coach in the NFL. It’s not like Brady walked into KC and made them a bottom 5 offense.
And also that comparing NFL to college isn't apples to apples, either. The game is different, some of the rules are different, etc. Successful head coaches/coordinators in college fail with great frequency in the NFL

I would have thought they had their next OC lined up before Gattis was officially fired. That doesn't appear to be the case.

Advertisement
Lulz, at dynamic WRs at Carolina. DJ Moore is a good WR not even top tier but that corp was sub par by NFL standards. That and their QB situation was awful
Led that group to 2 1k receivers that year 3rd guy had 800+, teddy was gonna have a career year until he got hurt and played thru injuries (his words). Oline was bad too.

Panthers fans i know did say his playcalling was predictable later in the year but id take him here any day he seems to be well respected around the league and has been around multiple good offenses.

Advertisement
Why is Tee Martin an NFL coach not Good enough to coach here but Joe Brady is???
Martin is well-known to be a very good recruiter, and has a boatload of college experience.

However, there are significant concerns about play-calling. His season doing so- 2017 with USCw- did not go well. He was relieved of duties.

While some Tennessee fans suggested that he should be given the reins from then-playcaller Jim Chaney in 2020, it ultimately didn't happen.

The evidence suggests that his best role is with WRs or QBs, and not as the playcaller.

With all due respect guys, a “short list” doesn’t really mean **** lol. I’m sure we had a great short list last year before striking out on several before Gattis. Knowing the names of who we may be interested in is really irrelevant without knowing if the interest is mutual or not. JMO
Most short lists are pretty ****** long.

Advertisement
Did a little bit more looking into peetz and some other candidates. Further revised candidate tiers:

Tier 1: Mullen, Kliff
Tier 2: Candle, Brady, Ludwig, Johns, Coen, Brian Johnson
Tier 3: Frost, Arroyo, Rees
Tier 4: Martin, Coley, Peetz, Chryst

I think Arroyo and Rees would be worse than Frost.

Mullet’s probably the best of that group and that weirdo turned down Saban apparently so I’m not seeing him take an OC job with us. Can someone tell me what I’m missing there? Saban Rehab is the premier landing spot. Why would Mullen turn Nicky down and then come work under Mario???

Advertisement
Would it upset Inday more?
1675063070093.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back