The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yeah ... the booze issues were pretty bad and had staffers complaining to the AD and president. Missed an in home with a 5 star recruit, late for practices and meetings, or no shows. Doubtful Mario would consider him ... if he actually looks at his history of issues. His time as OC with Oregon were epic. They destroyed FSU with Mariotta I believe it was the Rose Bowl? Hope he gets his act together.
Yes you’re correct about the game, it was glorious to watch FSU get shredded that night. If Frost has these types of personal issues I want no part of him as OC. As you stated, he needs a higher power to clean up his life first, before being thrusted back into the madness called college football. Thanks for the info mate.

Advertisement
Who was the HC at Oregon?
Who was Scott Frost OC at UCF?

Frost has to be the luckiest man on earth...if nothing else he knows how to attach himself to successful people, I'll give him that lol. Ultimately landed him a fat contract at Nebraska that's still paying him today.

1675087651346.png

1675087719899.png

Yeah ... the booze issues were pretty bad and had staffers complaining to the AD and president. Missed an in home with a 5 star recruit, late for practices and meetings, or no shows. Doubtful Mario would consider him ... if he actually looks at his history of issues. His time as OC with Oregon were epic. They destroyed FSU with Mariotta I believe it was the Rose Bowl? Hope he gets his act together.

It honestly seems like there are 2 Scott Frost; pre and post Nebraska. Pre-Nebreska, he was one of the top offensive minds in college and a rising star. He took over a 0-12 team and, 2 years later, led them to an undefeated season. He even did a piece about his faith when he was an OC at Oregon ( )

Then he goes to Nebraska...

I don't know the guy personally. But, something seems off about the stories coming out of Lincoln, Ne.

He insinuated that Frost, Peetz and Coley are leading candidates. Frost sounds like he may be. Feedback on Peetz has been hot and cold and Coley would be coming back as a co-coordinator, not the play caller
I said that was who he mentioned. I take it you are incapable of reading my post?

Advertisement
I wouldn’t be disappointed with a Frost hire, but I wouldn’t be elated either.

The bottom line is that he’s not a risk-free, A+ hire. His offenses at his most recent stop, Nebraska, were just not very good.

On the other hand, there’s some recency bias in that line of thinking. Unlike Coley or Arroyo, Frost has actually coordinated multiple elite offenses.

I’d be okay with the hire, but the reality is there’s a ton of uncertainty. We could have ****** offenses, like Nebraska, or elite offenses, like Oregon/UCF. Or something in-between.

Last edited:
Does Frost get to bring Lebby or Chip Kelly with him?

“Most of the focus from the fanbase will be on the offensive coordinator search, but we’d argue the wide receiver coach role is nearly as important. Miami needs to hire a hungry recruiter in that role that can level up the talent and combat the negative recruiting Mario Cristobal programs face on the recruiting trail in terms of the ability to produce and develop productive receivers. When looking at talent acquisition, the wide receiver position will be the biggest uphill battle Cristobal and his staff will have to climb until the results on the field speak for themselves.”

I wouldn’t mind Frosty McVay, he’s not necessarily my personal cup of tea but he is significantly better than Gattless & he at the very least understands the importance of having a viable passing attack in today’s game.

There’s a lot of other options I think would work here, but I wouldn’t expect for Frost to be here for longer than a season anyway, so for a stop-gap hire Frost would be solid.
“Significantly better than Gattless”??

Emmett Low Expectations GIF by The Chi

Advertisement
So this is how pussies handle things?

"You seem upset."

"Settle down boy."

I destroyed both of your weak asses. Go find another thread to **** on Mario.
The the clown who ****es his pants any time someone questions his man crush Mario is now calling people "pussies"? Cute. Don't worry bub, Mario is a big boy. He can handle the criticism. He doesn't need you caping for him on this board. And spoiler alert: he doesn't read your posts.

It's genuinely amusing to me to how upset you get over this. We're in a thread discussing OC candidates. Someone posted that he thinks it's going to be Arroyo. I agreed and stated my reasons why: he's available, they've worked together in the past, and he runs the type of offense that Mario likes to run. It's not an unreasonable position and plenty of other fans have made similar observations. A writer at SOTU literally wrote an article based on the same premise. It says a lot more about you than it does about me that you get so worked up about it.

I think Arroyo and Rees would be worse than Frost.

Mullet’s probably the best of that group and that weirdo turned down Saban apparently so I’m not seeing him take an OC job with us. Can someone tell me what I’m missing there? Saban Rehab is the premier landing spot. Why would Mullen turn Nicky down and then come work under Mario???
Absolutely. They should be a tier below Frost.

Advertisement
I think Arroyo and Rees would be worse than Frost.

Mullet’s probably the best of that group and that weirdo turned down Saban apparently so I’m not seeing him take an OC job with us. Can someone tell me what I’m missing there? Saban Rehab is the premier landing spot. Why would Mullen turn Nicky down and then come work under Mario???
Because Miami BRO!!

warming up to a Frost/Coley combo. Frost will have something to prove so should be hungry for redemption. Coley is a recruiting machine and can coach wrs.

I guess the alleged issues with alcohol may be overblown.

It's also possible Bama might be interested in him too, so just like in recruiting, we may be going head to head with them for an OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back