The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Not really well versed so can someone explain to me why people want Frost? He didn't impress as a HC (obviously) but I get the feeling for some reason he's not the dynamic OC most people think he is. No empirical proof really, and I could be wrong but he just has a look to em that I'm not buying. Am I wrong? Is he as good a people believe him to be?
You're not wrong. Results are just not there. We all saw who was really behind the run and offense that facilitated it at UCF. Heupel ran the show....and it showed after Frost left and he stayed. Team success wasn't the same same but offensive success was. Which is why the AD brought Heupel with him when he left UCF and took the Tennessee job.

Advertisement
You're not wrong. Results are just not there. We all saw who was really behind the run and offense that facilitated it at UCF. Heupel ran the show....and it showed after Frost left and he stayed. Team success wasn't the same same but offensive success was. Which is why the AD brought Heupel with him when he left UCF and took the Tennessee job.
Huh? Frost and Heupel were not there at the same time. Heupel was at Missouri when Frost was the head coach at UCF. In 2017 - Frost’s last year they had the number 1 offense in the country. Up from ranking in the 60’s the year prior. Not sure why everyone thinks Heupel started it. Was definitely Frost’s show. In 2015, Frost’s last year at Oregon - he was OC and had a top 5 offense that year

David Lake posted an article this morning. He mentioned Frost, Coley 🤮, and Peetz 🤮. Also said that there was interest with Candle which resulted in him getting the extension.

They didn’t coach at UCF at the same time. Heupel was at Mizzou as QB Coach. You’re living in Easter Bunny land.

Define “solid”? Actually I’ll make it easy. If it’s anyone but Arroyo, Coley, or Martin I’ll take a 30 day self imposed ban.
Bye Bye Hello GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Advertisement
When did that happen?

What are you talking about??? Heupel was the OC at Missouri in 2017 when Frost was HC at UCF. Troy Walters was the OC at UCF for both seasons that Frost was HC at UCF. Heupel joined UCF AFTER Frost left .... therefore your entire premise is wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
David has pretty solid info usually, but the 🐐 said he expects this part to happen quicker so I don’t think it’ll been a several week deal on this hire. Hopefully that’s not wishful thinking

3 straight top 5 scoring offenses at Oregon with a Heisman winning QB (he was QBC) followed up by the #1 scoring offense at UCF doesn’t quite move the needle, eh?
Who was the HC at Oregon?
Who was Scott Frost OC at UCF?

Frost has to be the luckiest man on earth...if nothing else he knows how to attach himself to successful people, I'll give him that lol. Ultimately landed him a fat contract at Nebraska that's still paying him today.

Another interesting comment by David Lake:

- One off-field analyst to keep an eye on if more shake-ups occur on the offensive side of the ball is Cody Woodiel, who assisted the tight end room in 2022. Woodiel is highly respected by coach Cristobal and if there is an opportunity to get him on the field this offseason (or next offseason), it will be explored. Woodiel has been on the road for Miami recently as he fills in for the departed Josh Gattis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back