The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Haven’t seen this name mentioned yet this cycle but I’ll get ahead of it and say that Tommy Rees sucks. Keep him tf away from here.
DEB971B4-E42D-4896-94E2-96FC013A40F7.jpeg

Advertisement
I posted about him last night, just for the fear factor. Here's a few fun facts.

Notre Dame averaged 30 fewer passing yards per game than we did last year. How the fck that's possible, Idk.

I know there's more to an O than the number of run vs pass plays. But.. Rees called 532 run plays vs 338 pass plays.

I'm not sure how sacks are counted when it comes to rush attempts. But even if we just count the run plays called for RB, he still called 400 of them.

By comparison, Gattis called 412 pass plays vs 415 running plays. Of those 415 runs, 284 went to RB.

This board would be in riot mode if we ended up with Rees. I'm talking.. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.

I posted about him last night, just for the fear factor. Here's a few fun facts.

Notre Dame averaged 30 fewer passing yards per game than we did last year. How the fck that's possible, Idk.

I know there's more to an O than the number of run vs pass plays. But.. Rees called 532 run plays vs 338 pass plays.

I'm not sure how sacks are counted when it comes to rush attempts. But even if we just count the run plays called for RB, he still called 400 of them.

By comparison, Gattis called 412 pass plays vs 415 running plays. Of those 415 runs, 284 went to RB.

This board would be in riot mode if we ended up with Rees. I'm talking.. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.

Yeah it’d be bad lol.
I’d take Arroyo over Rees, and it aint even close honestly. Keep his *** tf up there.

Addiction has to do with behavior & social circumstances (look it up), of which a geographic location could serve as a trigger. For example, and addict walks by a place where they used to get high in the past and feels 'the urge to use'. I think you're conflating the term addiction (substance) with baggage (trigger for drinking). In many cases a change in circumstance is more curative of a substance use problem than structured treatment (12-step), because the person really was self-medicating to treat/escape something else...

I'm saying there's a reason he is drinking in a manner that seems out of control with clear negative impact on his ability to manage responsibility, and I don't believe it's because he just fell in love with alcohol when he got to Lincoln after navigating life for 43 years with some objective measure of success. We can respectfully disagree, but there is absolutely something about the circumstances in Lincoln that made him lose control and negatively magnified the impact of alcohol on his life.

Maybe Frost only identifies as a co-ed banging, binge-drinking athlete in Lincoln and that's his trigger...I believe leaving Lincoln for a the right environment is more important FOR HIM than a 12 step program. I say that not only based on some personal experience but on his life and coaching success before 2018 when he became HC at Nebraska.
sorry, i've been in the business for 35 years, my entire adult life. i have a PHD in the subject matter and have seen +/- 15,000 addicts in my life, if not more. you respectfully cannot prove one iota of what you suggest. but changing your mind doesn't really matter to me. what matter is that Frost, unless he's sought treatment or another form of recovery, is likely to drink heavily and irresponsibly again, so i don't want him here.

Advertisement
He's making $875K now, and in a super-low-cost-of-living town.

Even if we give him an extra $900K, he's got to find housing in SoFla. And did you see the list of places he's worked/lived for the last 37 years? Biggest place he's worked has been Manhattan...KANSAS...

[PS, though it pains me to say it, Wake is a better academic school too, if the kids are the consideration]

Maybe he can just take over the lease for Ponces place.It didn’t look like anything special..

I said he should be in the same tier as Martin and Coley. They are all bad choices. I’m not going to get into speculation around Frost’s personal life. As a play caller he has produced quality offenses.
You said he should be in the "same tier as Martin and Coley"?

No - your exact words were: "He should be nothing more than a safety net if every other candidate tells Mario to go **** his own face."

Perhaps my reading comprehension is lacking? But your own words have him in a tier below every other candidate....literally.

Advertisement

Rees?
oh boy dunk GIF

Advertisement
sorry, i've been in the business for 35 years, my entire adult life. i have a PHD in the subject matter and have seen +/- 15,000 addicts in my life, if not more. you respectfully cannot prove one iota of what you suggest. but changing your mind doesn't really matter to me. what matter is that Frost, unless he's sought treatment or another form of recovery, is likely to drink heavily and irresponsibly again, so i don't want him here.
No apology necessary; but you should know people "in the business" field don't call them "addicts" anymore, but rather people with addictions or substance use disorders. Furthermore, having a Ph.D in the "subject matter" (vague) you would know addiction is a chronic relapsing disease, even with the best "treatment or another form of recovery".

Sounds like a little...transference? And what you're really doing is stigmatizing Frost for having problems with a substance like the "+/- 15,000 addicts" you've seen all your life, which is pretty disappointing considering your training in the "subject matter" (vague) but not unusual for someone who's been in "the business field for 35 years".

Like I said before, we can agree to disagree on this...

Last edited:
Would you not say that some folks can drink heavily and perform well at their jobs? I don't care if the guy is a drunk. If he can score 40 a game then let him drink vodka out of the Gatorade bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back