Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Safe to say we can rule out everyone that has been mentioned on CIS or any other website.
I hadn’t heard too many names being thrown around for the DC job. I feel like this only lends credibility to the rumors that Candle is dragging his feet. The way the DC hire went down tells me Mario can cmove quickly when the ball is in his court.

Advertisement
Per Lake on the latest:

- Toledo head coach Jason Candle remains the top target for OC.
- Lake was told at this stage that the ball is in Candle's court, in terms of making a decision on whether or not he wants to make the move to Miami. There is some optimism on the Miami side of things.
- On the defensive coordinator side, the early name Lake is hearing most is Anthony Campanile, amongst many others.

He’s wrong again.

Advertisement
I hadn’t heard too many names being thrown around for the DC job. I feel like this only lends credibility to the rumors that Candle is dragging his feet. The way the DC hire went down tells me Mario can cmove quickly when the ball is in his court.
The point is you didn't hear his name. Same with Steele and Gattis last year. Odds are whoever OC is hasn't been identified publicly. Candle certainly should be looked at as not an option.

Advertisement
The point is you didn't hear his name. Same with Steele and Gattis last year. Odds are whoever OC is hasn't been identified publicly. Candle certainly should be looked at as not an option.
And my point is that if he was targeting someone other than Candle it would have been done by now. It may end up being a name we haven't heard when the dust settles but it's pretty clear that Candle is dragging his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back