Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Have to believe that "Miami", the city, environment, culture, congestion, and distance from "grand parents" might be an issue for Candle.
The Candles have 3 children, daughter age 5, two sons ages 4 and 2. Candle was born in Ohio, went to grade school, high school and college in Ohio, and coaches in Ohio. Moving to Miami / Coral Gables would be similar to moving to Spain.

Have to believe that "Miami", the city, environment, culture, congestion, and distance from "grand parents" might be an issue for Candle.
The Candles have 3 children, daughter age 5, two sons ages 4 and 2. Candle was born in Ohio, went to grade school, high school and college in Ohio, and coaches in Ohio. Moving to Miami / Coral Gables would be similar to moving to Spain.
2 hr flight you are back to one or the other. No not like Spain. He could take his money and have a place in Ohio and South Florida. Goes on every winter.

Don't think he'll make the jump, and we'll end up hiring someone that came out of nowhere.

Advertisement
Don't think he'll make the jump, and we'll end up hiring someone that came out of nowhere.
I was surprised that he literally has not lived outside of the State of Ohio at any time in his life. 43 years old. Wow. Cannot relate. By that age I had lived several places in the USA in addition to 4 countries in Central and South America.

I was surprised that he literally has not lived outside of the State of Ohio at any time in his life. 43 years old. Wow. Cannot relate. By that age I had lived several places in the USA in addition to 4 countries in Central and South America.
Very surprising, and agree. He was an up-and-coming HC back in 2015-2016, but his star hasn't been rising for awhile. If his goal is to be a P5 HC, he'll need to take a coordinator job at a decent school and prove his chops.

That’s one of the reasons I’m not that impressed with Candle

Being able to be a successful coach at different schools, professionally and personally, isn’t an easy thing

Not saying he couldn’t be successful here, just an observation that’s he’s never really been outside his comfort zone

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not getting ahead of myself, but if it’s somehow Johnson…

Man those would be two home run hires at OC and DC. Would be well worth the wait. I’ll ask my ND buddy what he’s hearing on Johnson, he’s got family on the board and deep in the program.

2 hr flight you are back to one or the other. No not like Spain. He could take his money and have a place in Ohio and South Florida. Goes on every winter.
Talking about LIVING in Miami / Coral Gables as being culturally closer to living in Spain (or Colombia) than Ohio. I lived in Coral Gables for close to 30 years, up until 2014. Coral Gables / Pinecrest / Key Biscayne are more Latino resident based today than they were in 2014. I loved it ... am fully bilingual and lived in Central and South America full time for close to 10 years, and have been involved in Latin American Agribusiness my entire life. Somebody that has never lived outside of Ohio would undergo a bit of culture shock LIVING in Miami.

funny how some guys embrace it and others run from it. jimmy Johnson was from the sticks in Oklahoma and look what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back