Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
with how poorly our players play, we need as many good coached as possible. DVD isn't a good coach, at least not yet. he's a great recruiter, but not coach. i would delay giving him an on the field job as much as possible. pay him equal to or more than a position coach, but leave him off the field for now.
Wrong. We need a mixture of great teachers and great recruiters. Obviously ideally you want guys that are both. But there is zero reason we can’t have one specifically to recruit when we have two db position coaches defensively.

Advertisement
Wades my all time favorite but when lebron left he was so far below a max deal Pat would’ve been washed to have given him one

Bosh was the right move he just got screwed with the blood clots
i dont disagree with you at all, but from inside reporting, bosh would have tkane less than a max to come back to miami. he played the FO in the post lebron panic saying that houston would offer the full max and hes taking it if not matched basically. wade wasnt a full max player then and he was never getting it. he didnt get the deal he should have gotten the second time around though (when they prioritized hassan and hoped wade would just come back). im just saying how it ended up playing out. bosh had zero intention of leaving miami that offseason. his agent got a full max when he would have taken less than to come back to the heat. that ended up indirectly hurting wade bc there is only so much money available.

Advertisement
Bro idk any fans that wanted us to finish 5-7 and miss out on bowling instead of finishing 6-6.

If any of you fans wanted us to finish with a losing record (5-7) please correct me

There are actually posts to that effect on this board.

I'm not going back and pulling receipts right now, but there were plenty of "Miami fans" on this board talking about how missing the bowl game would be better than going to a crappy bowl game. Sorry you missed those posts.

i dont disagree with you at all, but from inside reporting, bosh would have tkane less than a max to come back to miami. he played the FO in the post lebron panic saying that houston would offer the full max and hes taking it if not matched basically. wade wasnt a full max player then and he was never getting it. he didnt get the deal he should have gotten the second time around though (when they prioritized hassan and hoped wade would just come back). im just saying how it ended up playing out. bosh had zero intention of leaving miami that offseason. his agent got a full max when he would have taken less than to come back to the heat. that ended up indirectly hurting wade bc there is only so much money available.
Maybe he says he would’ve taken less than the max because he didn’t realize the FO was so low on Wade but i call bull on that. He could’ve taken less than the max if he wanted to (they literally did it when they formed the big 3) but he didn’t.

He was probably tired of being the forgotten third banana after Bron and Wade and wanted to establish himself as the guy. I don’t blame him either way

I'm not going back and pulling receipts right now, but there were plenty of "Miami fans" on this board talking about how missing the bowl game would be better than going to a crappy bowl game. Sorry you missed those posts.
That is dumbest 💩 I’ve ever heard. Maybe one or two kids who eat crayons said that (like the guy who said losing X was good 😂) but besides those I think it’s pretty crazy to say the fanbase wanted Miami to lose and finish 5-7. There is a huge difference between 5-7 and 6-6 IMO.

After we already lost and couldnt change anything about it I saw people say the silver lining of losing is we have all our time now for recruiting and not having to game plan for a dumb bowl but those are two completely different things. Those people weren’t hoping to lose they had just accepted it and were looking to the positives

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario, Zo, Rad

4 month interview process

Can't explain that
I don’t blame anything on anyone if you knew what the Gattis incident entailed.

However, the last few weeks have been nothing short of stubbornness…it just seems clear that Candle was the choice, it was being worked out…and now like dejá vu, we’re back to the same point as last year.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. If Candle sounded good on Saturday, and now he’s wavering again…move on man. He is certainly not the only answer to our offensive struggles, and not the best choice regardless imo.

That is dumbest 💩 I’ve ever heard. Maybe one or two kids who eat crayons said that (like the guy who said losing X was good 😂) but besides those I think it’s pretty crazy to say the fanbase wanted Miami to lose and finish 5-7. There is a huge difference between 5-7 and 6-6 IMO.

After we already lost and couldnt change anything about it I saw people say the silver lining of losing is we have all our time now for recruiting and not having to game plan for a dumb bowl but those are two completely different things. Those people weren’t hoping to lose they had just accepted it and were looking to the positives
i believe one of them was @rok who also called for folding the program.

they should be bound and quartered.

Advertisement

Fair enough. I can't quantify whether it was 10 guys or 100 guys. I was pretty sick of reading that kind of crap as it happened, but it DID happen.

Bro idk any fans that wanted us to finish 5-7 and miss out on bowling instead of finishing 6-6.

If any of you fans wanted us to finish with a losing record (5-7) please correct me

This is absolutely true. More knowledgeable posters had to point out that the extra practices were worth it. Then they'd counter with the OC will be gone, graduation, portal.

Everytime I see someone bring up Yost as a coach, this is exactly the scene that plays in my head lol

Just bring me someone already Sensei
Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back