Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm not defending it or justifying it. But based on the fact that we seem to be making a bit of progress on the DC side, the only "differential" between the OC search and the DC search is the specifics of the parting of the ways.

Meaning, if you look at what some folks have said, Mario knew that Steele would not be back, but because it was not adversarial in nature, he may have gotten a head-start on conversations. As opposed to something that might have involved "not even starting to talk with anyone else" until the firing for cause was official.

Again, it's hard to say authoritatively, but you didn't see a lot of serious movement on the OC search side until the formal announcement on Gattis. And, yes, that is frustrating. If you want an answer, there it is. It you want an answer that satisfies everyone, we are unlikely to ever get one.
im not hating on what you were saying as I know youre just relaying what you heard obviously nor am I saying you defended it. it is frustrating as it appears all of this regarding the OC stuff even if adversarial in terms of the fall out could have been handled earlier but if he gets it right he gets it right and thats the end result that matters.

He already got an extension so it’s not about getting more money from them. And that was more on the heat taking dwade for granted thinking he wouldn’t leave and he would just take any deal
he got a deal from the heat but it also paved the way to what led to the divorce and still now tense relationship with the FO. Henry did his job for bosh. he did it while also knowing it would hurt wade bc the heat were trying to make upgrades in the wake of LBJ leaving since the heat didnt expect it. Henry pushed a false deadline about signing with Houston when he had no intention of leaving. he just got the max out of it. it ended up leading to wade not getting the max bc wade signed after bosh and well after bosh. this was reported by multiple heat reporters when it happened

Advertisement
Dial Up Al Gore GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Mario moving at the pace of old dial up internet

Yost made $353K last year at FIU. He was also available last year if Mario wanted to go in that direction. Doesn't look like he coached in 2021 after being fired by TT in December 2020. His offenses were impressive at Missouri and Utah State, though, so it's weird he didn't coach in 2021. Anyone know the story there?
Looks like he failed the drug tests

im not hating on what you were saying as I know youre just relaying what you heard obviously nor am I saying you defended it. it is frustrating as it appears all of this regarding the OC stuff even if adversarial in terms of the fall out could have been handled earlier but if he gets it right he gets it right and thats the end result that matters.

It's all good, sir. I just try to explain the process as it's happening. It's ****ing me off too.

Advertisement
It's all good, sir. I just try to explain the process as it's happening. It's ****ing me off too.
I just think what what mike Ryan reported about the staff not wanting a bowl game to get a head start on spring installs due to the lack of time last year w the late December hire and then recruiting in a short time frame, they'd want this to be done quickly and smoothly. its been the opposite. I just hope we dont hear the same excuses parroting out about not enough time and getting a late start if the on field results dont change. a lot of this year was preventable and more os than last year due to having a new coach and putting a whole new staff together along with roster determinations, recruiting, etc.

I just think what what mike Ryan reported about the staff not wanting a bowl game to get a head start on spring installs due to the lack of time last year w the late December hire and then recruiting in a short time frame, they'd want this to be done quickly and smoothly. its been the opposite. I just hope we dont hear the same excuses parroting out about not enough time and getting a late start if the on field results dont change. a lot of this year was preventable and more os than last year due to having a new coach and putting a whole new staff together along with roster determinations, recruiting, etc.

I do like Mike Ryan, but let's think about that first sentence. From a coordinator standpoint, I belive both Gattis and Steele knew they would not be back. Maybe some of the other position coaches were of that opinion. I just don't know that this was really the issue that Ryan made it out to be, I think that's more "fans not wanting a bowl game to get a head start on spring installs".

Also, just from an NCAA rules standpoint, GOING to a bowl game would be BETTER than not going, as you get the extra practices. So Ryan saying that's what the STAFF wanted is counter-intuitive on its face.

Here's the thing. I honestly don't believe our issues on offense were due to "late start". They were due to Gattis being stubborn and not tailoring his approach to TVD's strengths. "Not throwing the ball into the end zone while in the red zone vs. aTm" had nothing to do with delayed hiring, it had to do with Gattis being an idiot.

Again, just for discussion purposes. Mike Ryan is a good guy, but I don't buy that stuff about what "the staff" wanted. Makes no sense at all.

Advertisement
he got a deal from the heat but it also paved the way to what led to the divorce and still now tense relationship with the FO. Henry did his job for bosh. he did it while also knowing it would hurt wade bc the heat were trying to make upgrades in the wake of LBJ leaving since the heat didnt expect it. Henry pushed a false deadline about signing with Houston when he had no intention of leaving. he just got the max out of it. it ended up leading to wade not getting the max bc wade signed after bosh and well after bosh. this was reported by multiple heat reporters when it happened
Wades my all time favorite but when lebron left he was so far below a max deal Pat would’ve been washed to have given him one

Bosh was the right move he just got screwed with the blood clots

Advertisement
She’s crazy but also the only congresswoman I can think of id want to bang
Yeah, I have thought about it. But I also have visions of pulling up in my driveway with my 110 lb yellow lab being boiled in my crawfish cooker.

I do like Mike Ryan, but let's think about that first sentence. From a coordinator standpoint, I belive both Gattis and Steele knew they would not be back. Maybe some of the other position coaches were of that opinion. I just don't know that this was really the issue that Ryan made it out to be, I think that's more "fans not wanting a bowl game to get a head start on spring installs".

Also, just from an NCAA rules standpoint, GOING to a bowl game would be BETTER than not going, as you get the extra practices. So Ryan saying that's what the STAFF wanted is counter-intuitive on its face.

Here's the thing. I honestly don't believe our issues on offense were due to "late start". They were due to Gattis being stubborn and not tailoring his approach to TVD's strengths. "Not throwing the ball into the end zone while in the red zone vs. aTm" had nothing to do with delayed hiring, it had to do with Gattis being an idiot.

Again, just for discussion purposes. Mike Ryan is a good guy, but I don't buy that stuff about what "the staff" wanted. Makes no sense at all.
Bro idk any fans that wanted us to finish 5-7 and miss out on bowling instead of finishing 6-6.

If any of you fans wanted us to finish with a losing record (5-7) please correct me

does anyone come on the board just to read actual facts or discussion of facts and find the multiple memes and goofy jokes make it impossible to figure out what is going on? someone summarize where the **** this search is right now, please.
Candle is stringing us along again apparently. Lots of arguing

i agree w you. just whatever was being fed to the media as an excuse. i do agree that the OC/DC were told to get the steppin. ****, ive said the entire time that steele should be moved off field. i agree on the offense. gattis is trash and hes been trash as a full time lone oC elsewhere in his career. i just hope we actually land the right guy. none of this mtters anymore as long as the staff is in place by spring start which should be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back