Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario hire coaches how he call timeouts😂🤬

Tired King Of Queens GIF by TV Land

Advertisement
I've never seen a coach get more "hate" from national media than Mario Cristobal, well other than Dabo.

I mean he is by all accounts a good dude. He tries to do right by people. He hasn't been intertwined in any major controversy.

Yet he gets killed for offensive philosophy, QB killer, now hires.

The dude did a good job at FIU, and then again at Oregon. He is in year 1 at a place where we haven't had success in nearly 20 years.

His offenses were good enough at Oregon to win 9, 12, and 10 games in a 4 year period. He won 2 Titles, and played for 3 conference titles.

He won a Rose Bowl.

His QB that he supposedly killed his career, was drafted #6 overall. How many QB's has Kirby Smart has drafted in round 1? Billy Napier? Josh Heupel? Jim Harbaugh? Norvell? Kiffin?
You made some points but Mario lucked into Justin Herbert. He did not identify him or recruit him. But maybe his mentality as a coach helped Justin work to reach his potential, even if the offenses weren’t as world-beating as they could have been.

Advertisement
If you live on here expecting news, you are just gonna get into arguments with man for stating your opinion. Cristobal doesnt care about what it looks like or nothing. If he did he would got rid of Gattis when we were trying to get players signed.

I be thinking he actually is making a point by taking forever. Last year after he hired Gattis, he said something to the effect of if it was the media, he hired 100 coaches or something such. They pay attention to what is reported. Maybe he trying to cow the media like Saban did the Bama media.

Frustrating but pointless to bich. Like literally, wasting brain cells on something we not only have no control over, we have no insights, the pun. Why he is taking so long or what he is actually looking for.
At this point I just speed scan pages for the 2/3 posters who have anything of substance to say. Otherwise I feel like I’m losing brain cells reading the same comments over and over. I know it’s a message board but you would think people would get tired of just posting the same thing.
Mario will hire someone, at some point. If we like him or not will have zero baring in it. You can either get behind that hire and hope for the best or be miserable. But if following this entertainment (which is what sports are) makes you miserable maybe you need to find a form of entertainment that makes you happy.

Advertisement
He would absolutely not make that up. He is the definition of a slurper and would never start rumors to disrupt the relationships he does have, which are real. So if he said that, I would bet 100%, it’s correct.

What he didn’t say, and what’s important, are the details of the meeting, if a hiring is imminent, etc. Thats the stuff he’s not privy to. But if he said Mario met with Candle, then he met with Candle. Donno does not rock the boat, that dude will slurp up anything the department lets him get in his mouth. And no knock on him, he seems like a good guy and he’s passionate, intelligent, etc. He just knows where his bread is buttered, and that’s fine.

Either way, if he said it happened, then it happened, but who really cares because what comes out of it is what’s important.
tbh, idk what he has left since he left radio. hes with Ethans podcast network now and they were never really big on canes. Ethans only access is to heat stuff. either way, we know they met or at least spoken from cribby.

At this point I just speed scan pages for the 2/3 posters who have anything of substance to say. Otherwise I feel like I’m losing brain cells reading the same comments over and over. I know it’s a message board but you would think people would get tired of just posting the same thing.
Mario will hire someone, at some point. If we like him or not will have zero baring in it. You can either get behind that hire and hope for the best or be miserable. But if following this entertainment (which is what sports are) makes you miserable maybe you need to find a form of entertainment that makes you happy.
you would think Mario would have to hire someone but well never know

Advertisement
Advertisement
****’s so scary lol. Ultimately, maybe 15-20 people outside the Hecht know the order of Mario’s preferred candidates, and even they might not know everything.

Wouldn’t it be something if we struck out on Candle, and yet end up with a better and more innovative OC that’s just perceived lower by Mario on his want list…

And conversely, if the next man up was Gattis-esque…I bet y’all would be on your hands and knees begging for Mario to offer Candle 2.5 mil as OC.

What a time to be alive.

It's probably time to move on to the next guy. From the looks of it, Jason is trying to burn the Candle (pun intended) at both ends (Us and ND). Now it's time for Mario to put on his Poker face.
It's beyond ridiculous for Cristobal to be stalking this dude for the 2nd year in a row. With all of the bright young coordinators out there and veterans as well it's flat out embarrassing for Mario to be dragging this out in consecutive off seasons for a upper mid tier OC in Candle. The guy is really starting to wear on me. This entire thing is laughable. Just pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back