Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Just start drinking fellas. It helps the frayed ends of sanity.

20230206_112402.jpg

Advertisement
FWIW according to Alex Donno Candle already met with Cristobal and Radakovich.

He also talked with a Toledo reporter who told him Candle's agent said "he's not going anywhere".

do you actually need to meet with a prospective employer to tell them "no" when a simple call would accomplish this? So if they actually met there was some seriousness about the prospect. If ND is now in the mix it may have been his asking price just jumped a few hundred thousand.

The funny part of all this is, with all the natural turnover in the coaching ranks, if you get a coordinator that lasts 2 years you're lucky. Mario has spent like 3 months due diligence on a hire that might not even last beyond a year. Mario must think this is a lifetime position!

Advertisement
The funny part of all this is, with all the natural turnover in the coaching ranks, if you get a coordinator that lasts 2 years you're lucky. Mario has spent like 3 months due diligence on a hire that might not even last beyond a year. Mario must think this is a lifetime position!
I have to wonder for anyone that might know, or at least be familiar with the process. What exactly does a coach who takes this long do? Like I assume he's not just sitting in his office thinking long thoughts day after day. Are there multiple interviews? Is he contacting references? I understand the vibe is he's "thorough" but what exactly does that look like?

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you live on here expecting news, you are just gonna get into arguments with man for stating your opinion. Cristobal doesnt care about what it looks like or nothing. If he did he would got rid of Gattis when we were trying to get players signed.

I be thinking he actually is making a point by taking forever. Last year after he hired Gattis, he said something to the effect of if it was the media, he hired 100 coaches or something such. They pay attention to what is reported. Maybe he trying to cow the media like Saban did the Bama media.

Frustrating but pointless to bich. Like literally, wasting brain cells on something we not only have no control over, we have no insights, the pun. Why he is taking so long or what he is actually looking for.

I have to wonder for anyone that might know, or at least be familiar with the process. What exactly does a coach who takes this long do? Like I assume he's not just sitting in his office thinking long thoughts day after day. Are there multiple interviews? Is he contacting references? I understand the vibe is he's "thorough" but what exactly does that look like?
Reads CIS to script his next move and determine who he should or should not interview. Also tries to figure out "who is Cribby"? It's a full day's work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back