My way to solve this:
- Steele goes to Bama
- Strong follows Steele to Bama
- You relieve Addae of his duties
- Move DVD to CB
- Hire Aazaar Abdul-Rahim from BC to coach safeties
- Hire Geoff Collins to be DC/LB
- Move Rod Wright off field until he finds a spot
- Hire Chris Rumph from Vikings to coach DE (worked with Collins at UF)
- you’d need another LB staffer but Collins coaches LBs also
No way Mario gets all this done before spring camp 2025

Not sure I have ever seen a AD give running updates on job searches. He very likely is part of the small circle who are involved but why would you expect him to hold press conferences or give statements regarding an ongoing search? Now once they hire someone sure but why would they let anyone know who they are considering, etc..
I don't disagree with "running updates," but stemming the tide and at least being out in front of all the questions and indecision would help. At least come out and make a statement or two about the positive support you have for the decisions being made behind the scenes by the coaching staff. The "lay low" effect isn't the way to go in my opinion as it just fuels all the negativity surrounding the program.

Advertisement
My way to solve this:
- Steele goes to Bama
- Strong follows Steele to Bama
- You relieve Addae of his duties
- Move DVD to CB
- Hire Aazaar Abdul-Rahim from BC to coach safeties
- Hire Geoff Collins to be DC/LB
- Move Rod Wright off field until he finds a spot
- Hire Chris Rumph from Vikings to coach DE (worked with Collins at UF)
- you’d need another LB staffer but Collins coaches LBs also
It appears Michigan may have gotten a jump on Abdul-Rahim.

I'm not justifying or defending-and I've been critical myself-but understand that there isn't a whole lot of urgency at the moment. I would have preferred a splash hire in place for recruiting back in December myself, but that window has been gone for a while now. Spring ball starts March 4 so the closer it gets to that date, the greater the urgency, but consider that there hasn't been any real urgency once that Dec. recruiting window ended other than our need to know.

Anyone else wonder why the Athletic Director is not coming out and providing updates or general commentary as to the coaching situations/hires? Every 4-year and 2-year institution I've worked at the AD was directly involved in the search and NEVER sat quietly when media/fanbases were ready to storm the castle. I understand discretion, but keeping everyone in the dark makes zero sense for a program which always seems to be reshaping its image. Instead, nothing is said in terms of direction by leadership and the media/fanbase continues to criticize. I would think criticism on any level is what this program would have attempted to avoid. As many have pointed out, it's two steps forward in recruiting and three to four steps back with the management of the program.
They don't owe us-the hardcore fans-anything. Short of us dying to know, this doesn't affect anyone outside of the diehards on this board. This isn't a matter of public concern.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
he doesnt really know anything

He would absolutely not make that up. He is the definition of a slurper and would never start rumors to disrupt the relationships he does have, which are real. So if he said that, I would bet 100%, it’s correct.

What he didn’t say, and what’s important, are the details of the meeting, if a hiring is imminent, etc. Thats the stuff he’s not privy to. But if he said Mario met with Candle, then he met with Candle. Donno does not rock the boat, that dude will slurp up anything the department lets him get in his mouth. And no knock on him, he seems like a good guy and he’s passionate, intelligent, etc. He just knows where his bread is buttered, and that’s fine.

Either way, if he said it happened, then it happened, but who really cares because what comes out of it is what’s important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back