The man works 24/7.....

@
Bro he was making a joke. Try to not take everything so literal. I guess you haven't seen the Dave Chapelle episodes with Charlie Murphy and Rick James. I HIGHLY suggest you take some time out of your day and watch them. Really hilarious ****. Anyways, that's a quote from Rick James in the episodes. He wasn't suggesting that CMC was doing drugs he was referencing the Chapelle show skits, and I for one thought it was a funny quote so @BishopEli keep up the clever funny quips. I for one find them funny :fistbump:
rick james cocaine GIF
I know all about the Chappelle skits....

Advertisement
He's not the 1st UM HC to work tirelessly...
Exactly and it's not disparaging Mario's work ethic to say that while appreciating what a maniac he is when it comes to recruiting time & effort.

That said, there are also PLENTY of complete bum corches on every level that make the job their life and still fail miserably and repeatedly.

It's more the nature of the job than an absolute indicator of how much you'll actually win.

Exactly and it's not disparaging Mario's work ethic to say that while appreciating what a maniac he is when it comes to recruiting time & effort.

That said, there are also PLENTY of complete bum corches on every level that make the job their life and still fail miserably and repeatedly.

It's more the nature of the job than an absolute indicator of how much you'll actually win.
In no way was I disparaging Mario....None whatsoever.....he was like that as a GA...

@

I know all about the Chappelle skits....
OK good so you definitely have taste. I wish he never ended that show. With that being said, why did you take his comment so literal and not see the joke behind the post? Especially considering you have seen the skits and know the lingo? What say you @BishopEli?

Advertisement
OK good so you definitely have taste. I wish he never ended that show. With that being said, why did you take his comment so literal and not see the joke behind the post? Especially considering you have seen the skits and know the lingo? What say you @BishopEli?
Didn't take it as that....Ya never know to be honest on CIS....

The only thing I see wrong with that picture is that Butch Davis is not all of the heads. That would be more consistent with your posts and would make more sense. Not trying to clown, I honestly love it and I love your passion for the U and Butch Davis especially. I really wish he never left and we wouldn't have to debate how his legacy would have been different at the U. There is no denying what he put together at the U, roster and staff wise. Top notch, elite program builder!!

Didn't take it as that....Ya never know to be honest on CIS....
True story!! You definitely right about that. I guess I just knew he was joking because of the Chapelle skit and I would assume no Cane fan would throw out something that could potentially have the NCAA infraction squad beating down the doors at the Hecht. You know they are looking for ANY reason to take away any potential or momentum the U might generate.

Advertisement
The only thing I see wrong with that picture is that Butch Davis is not all of the heads. That would be more consistent with your posts and would make more sense. Not trying to clown, I honestly love it and I love your passion for the U and Butch Davis especially. I really wish he never left and we wouldn't have to debate how his legacy would have been different at the U. There is no denying what he put together at the U, roster and staff wise. Top notch, elite program builder!!
If he stays until 05-06 we have 2 more NCs...if he comes back with the staff he had lined up in 2013...it would've been lights out....Oh well...

Wyche drafted them....but since the Bucs sucked for umpteen yrs....they were able to snag them. It didn't take a rocket scientist to grab them since they all were dominant CFB players. Wyche was fired immediately after the 95 season. I'm more interested who Coached and Developed them...that without a doubt was Dungy....
Lynch was like a 3rd or 4th rounder. Brooks was a trade back up into the 1st w/ Dallas, as I recall, and right at the end of the round. We all know Sapp's story well. Nevertheless some good picks by the Bucs more than just obviously great players. Rich McKay and M. Kiffin deserve as much credit as anyone for identifying and developing those guys / building the defense around them.

Advertisement
Lynch was like a 3rd or 4th rounder. Brooks was a trade back up into the 1st w/ Dallas, as I recall, and right at the end of the round. We all know Sapp's story well. Nevertheless some good picks by the Bucs more than just obviously great players. Rich McKay and M. Kiffin deserve as much credit as anyone for identifying and developing those guys / building the defense around them.
But Dungy was the HC...Period....don't think Tony had nothing to do with not only their development, but drafting/ acquiring them to begin with...those players mentioned LOVED him....

Advertisement
"You watched Pulp Fiction last night?!? I love Pulp Fiction!!! Especially the Butch Coolidge narrative!! Let me tell you a story about something that happened in the locker room at the 1996 CarQuest Bowl..."

Pulp Fiction Yes GIF
At half at the 1996 Carquest Bowl, I had to take a ****.

I went in to the bathroom and was ranting to my dad about how the national media "left us for dead" after ECU, and gave us no chance in the Dome.

It all ended with a "let's go canes!" And some dude started chanting.

I'm betting it was @SWFLHurricane

At half at the 1996 Carquest Bowl, I had to take a ****.

I went in to the bathroom and was ranting to my dad about how the national media "left us for dead" after ECU, and gave us no chance in the Dome.

It all ended with a "let's go canes!" And some dude started chanting.

I'm betting it was @SWFLHurricane
Lol....wasn't me, although I was there. Tremain Mack had a huge game...so did Rod Mack....If I remember correctly, we shut down Barber, until he left with injury..

Advertisement
Back