The man works 24/7.....

Me walking around the office everyday now
WelllitEnchantedGelada-max-1mb.gif

Advertisement
This is actually an important week for the staff as they break down the first week of practice and discuss what they have, what they've seen, and where to go from here. No banana daiquiris on a beach in the Caymans, sadly (for them).
Nah,this is the week they're going to get some family time in. Mario is going on vacay in 2 days. Large part ion of them will do the same.

Advertisement
Nah,this is the week they're going to get some family time in. Mario is going on vacay in 2 days. Large part ion of them will do the same.

I thought many coaches like to split it up with spring break in the middle so they have time to take a beat and evaluate. Well, I know some do!

So you're saying...

Banana daiquiris?

Last edited:
What about the players? We still got Diaz illness where our guys go on vacation or have we yet come to your era where they stayed and worked?

Advertisement
That and beating UNC

He single handedly carried us to victory in that Thursday nighter vs. UNC

Dallas literally put the team on his back at UNC and said we are not losing this game regardless of how many yards No D wanted to give up to Ebron
They were doing that stupid Zero Dark Thirty thing with their black unis too. Duke got hurt, Morris played like ***. Crawford had converted from DB and ran like a man possessed.

What about the players? We still got Diaz illness where our guys go on vacation or have we yet come to your era where they stayed and worked?
It's a slow grind. Locals and east coast kids can head home(not necessarily will)west coast it's a crap shoot if he'll let them go home or no. Probably will and then lock in.

Brooklyn that may be true, but I guarantee that Mario will travel with his Canes phone, legal pads, and pens wherever he is. That is part of him, and maybe the other Coaches too.....and yes those phones are on.

Advertisement
It's a slow grind. Locals and east coast kids can head home(not necessarily will)west coast it's a crap shoot if he'll let them go home or no. Probably will and then lock in.
Disappointing to hear. Hopefully, when this team has a serious goal to win a national title then this will change. Still early and it takes time to change the culture.

Mario is a heart attack waiting top happen. But we all knew that and he knows it. Our man better be chewing statins like chewing gum, and have a defribullator in every office. He'll rest when the job is done.

The good HCs earn their paychecks. Unless you're the president or a field commander, there aren't many more stressfult jobs out there.

Mario is a heart attack waiting top happen. But we all knew that and he knows it. Our man better be chewing statins like chewing gum, and have a defribullator in every office. He'll rest when the job is done.

The good HCs earn their paychecks. Unless you're the president or a field commander, there aren't many more stressfult jobs out there.
He's not the 1st UM HC to work tirelessly...

Advertisement
Kool Moe Mario sets the tone, but I can't imagine anyone had a tougher job of rebuilding (post-Schnellenberger) than Butch Davis...
If people really knew how hard that Butch AND especially staff worked from 95 onward, they'd be shocked....they had no choice considering the toxic times. The players followed suit as well.....ask @Brooklyndee how hard the players worked, not only on campus, but especially off campus.

Advertisement
Back