The man works 24/7.....

That was what Gruden did when he got to Tampa Bay and that's how he got them to win a Superbowl. Mario knows what's up.

Advertisement
Mario is a heart attack waiting top happen. But we all knew that and he knows it. Our man better be chewing statins like chewing gum, and have a defribullator in every office. He'll rest when the job is done.

The good HCs earn their paychecks. Unless you're the president or a field commander, there aren't many more stressfult jobs out there.

If you do what you love you will never work a day in your life.

That was what Gruden did when he got to Tampa Bay and that's how he got them to win a Superbowl. Mario knows what's up.

Sorry, but Gruden should never be used as a coach to emulate.

He came in worked hard for one year, won the SB his first year with Dungy‘s players, basically knowing every play that is prior team Oakland was gonna run before they ran it, shot his load, and then went about dismantling that franchise.

Mario is not winning the national championship in his first year. Really bad example.

I’m concerned about that as well. 20 hours a day 7 days a week is tough on anyone no matter your age.

Too be honest I would be the same, but the wife is militant about family time. There are time I am so engrossed in my work, I look at time like "oh **** I have pick up the kids" lol. I guess when you enjoy what you are doing doesn't seem like work.

Advertisement

He came in worked hard for one year, won the SB his first year with Dungy‘s players, basically knowing every play that is prior team Oakland was gonna run before they ran it, shot his load, and then went about dismantling that franchise.

Mario is not winning the national championship in his first year. Really bad example.
I was just using Gruden working day and night as an example of achieving a goal. Did not intend to say Mario is Gruden 2.0

Gruden Won with Dungys players....Most overrated Coach ever...Without Dungy, Tampa doesn't Win anything...not to mention he just left the Raiders.
Again, I'm not saying Mario is another Gruden. All I was saying he worked unbelievable hours to achieve his goal. Why it has to be taken in a broad sense? We can't ignore that his work ethics at Tampa Bay that year paid off. That's all I was saying.

Too be honest I would be the same, but the wife is militant about family time. There are time I am so engrossed in my work, I look at time like "oh **** I have pick up the kids" lol. I guess when you enjoy what you are doing doesn't seem like work.
No doubt enjoying/loving what you do makes a world of difference. I’ve been on both sides of the coin and not liking what you do is exhausting.

Advertisement
Brooklyn that may be true, but I guarantee that Mario will travel with his Canes phone, legal pads, and pens wherever he is. That is part of him, and maybe the other Coaches too.....and yes those phones are on.
I've known Mario and his family for 25+ years... So trust I know what's part of him. And yes 100% true.

actually with Sam Wyche's players, not Dungy's, at least if we're talking about the H.O.F.ers Brooks, Sapp, and Lynch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back