The man works 24/7.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Disappointing to hear. Hopefully, when this team has a serious goal to win a national title then this will change. Still early and it takes time to change the culture.
Let's cut the nonsense, you had guys going home for SB, even in the glory days. Lamar Thomas discussed giving away non title rings to random chicks while on spring break, and those guys were in Daytona beach back then.

A little time off never hurt anyone, but be ready to grind when you get back. Far too many people have bought in to this "Work 24/7" crap. You can have a little off time and still work your *** off.

83FBFD17-B94E-4C1F-8624-72783534607E.webp

Let's cut the nonsense, you had guys going home for SB, even in the glory days. Lamar Thomas discussed giving away non title rings to random chicks while on spring break, and those guys were in Daytona beach back then.

A little time off never hurt anyone, but be ready to grind when you get back. Far too many people have bought in to this "Work 24/7" crap. You can have a little off time and still work your *** off.
As a player, If you need “time off” a week after spring practice begins then you’re not serious about doing whatever it takes to win. Miss me with that narrative. Idk about Lamar but plenty of players have stayed to work during spring break during our elite days. You would even catch **** if you left town on some teams.

Coaches are different as they are working long hours during the off season and it’s the best time to vacation before things get heavy.

The day I hear most of the team are working during spring break is the day I’ll know this team is committed to winning.

Advertisement
As a player, If you need “time off” a week after spring practice begins then you’re not serious about doing whatever it takes to win. Miss me with that narrative. Idk about Lamar but plenty of players have stayed to work during spring break during our elite days. You would even catch **** if you left town on some teams.

Coaches are different as they are working long hours during the off season and it’s the best time to vacation before things get heavy.

The day I hear most of the team are working during spring break is the day I’ll know this team is committed to winning.
You act like these kids aren't grinding throughout the school year, and over the summer too. I find it hilarious that our fans expect the kids to be married to the program in a way that borders on some psycho crap. Let these kids enjoy some parts of being in college.

Little story time, back in my college days, I used to go to PCB for Spring Break. You would be amazed how many student athletes were out there. I remember when Dak Prescott got jumped at LaVela. I remember hanging out, with my Miami flag flying and some FSU guys came rolling through talking mad noise. One of the dudes talking smack? Jameis Winston.* Dudes need to cut loose every once in awhile, doesn't mean you aren't putting in the work.

FYI Winston is trash at beer pong.

He only Drafted them...He was released after 95 season. It was Dungy and staff who should get the most credit with development.
Let’s not leave out then-GM Rich McKay. He ran the drafts that landed Lynch, Sapp, and Brooks, and he hired Dungy. Together they added Barber, Alstott, Dunn, Brian Kelly. And yes, a few busts like Ridel Anthony and Marcus Jones. No one’s perfect.

Dungy told Sapp ‘you’re Joe Green…’, Brooks, ‘you’re Jack Ham…’, and Lynch, ‘you’re Donny Shell…’. A few modern tweaks with Kiffin and history. They named the scheme ‘Tampa 2’. Great defensive staff including HCs Mike Tomlin, Herm Edwards, Lovie Smith. Excellent with mid-round picks like Barber.

All Dungy had to do in Tampa was improve the Bucs offense 10%, 15%. Could not figure it out. He thought Shawn King was the answer at QB. I’ve all the respect in the world for Dungy but when he went to the Colts he was gifted a HOF offense, including a Top 3-5 GOAT QB. He needed to build a solid to very good defense, which he did.

His story isn’t much different than Gruden being gifted a HOF defense. The difference was the Bucs defense was starting to age and the Colts offense was in or entering their prime. Dungy would have multiple SB rings if not for New England.

And to be clear, Dungy is a HOF HC. Gruden is not.

The Bucs organization was toast once Gruden won his political battle and McKay left. Bruce Allen was a buddy for Gruden. Neither knew personnel and never had a decent draft. The only stud I can recall was RB Carnell Williams, but sadly he blew his knees.

F-Gruden.

I love the irony a loss at home to the Raiders was he and Allen’s final game at Tampa.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I dont sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death!

- Nas

Good Job coach! Keep doing what you love.. you can sleep when the contract is up in 10 years 😆 🤣

Advertisement

You're like the Gary V of this board and I mean that with absolutely no respect.

This isn't some hollywood movie.

many players working out during spring break per Greg Olsen.

Anyone else get a kick out of when SWFLcane also has to be like “ask Brooklyndee” he’s seen it first hand.

I sat with Mario 3 weeks ago yada yada.

**** cracks me up.
My stepbrother is autistic

Advertisement
Back