The Canes of Miami vs The Bears of California 10/5/24 10:30 PM EST

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We’re not a well coached team. Cristobal is simply not a good coach. He is an awesome recruiter but it is quite literally his M.O. to lose games like this where his teams have a talent advantage at most positions.
Fools gold against Florida. We knew they were not a good team, but we still looked like a well coached team during that game. I think Mario and staff had our guys prepared. Then we played a bunch of bums for the next 3 games. Now a couple decent teams in a row and we have been outcoached in both games. Very concerning.

Getting out coached on a weekly basis will cost us at least 2 games. Stupid penalties and bad fundamentals will cost us as well.

Being more talented on paper doesn’t mean much when coaching and discipline marginalize things.
Really don't think we've been out coached the last two games. I know it's their job to get the team ready, but this is the players.

Offensive calls are fine. Defensive calls have been fine outside of getting outschemed on the long post vs cover 2. The te td was a player lapse. The 4th and 1 was a player lapse.

Advertisement
They only have 5 first downs but 3 touchdowns that’s absurd! Look at the first downs and time of possession. All because of colossal defensive breakdowns for HUGE plays.
View attachment 306063
We have flip flopped what was expected. Miami has been the quick strike team and Cal more ball control. It will be interesting to see if it plays out the same way in the second half.

Lmao it was underthrown. Horton had to stop and come back to it! How TF could he high point a ball that hit in his back hip?! It should have been thrown to the back of the end zone. Also, the corner grabbed Hortons shoulder right in front of the red before the ball got there! Should have been PI!!!!
You're right on everything but the PI - I mean I've seen that called, but we both know that'd be a bull**** PI flag.

Cam's poor decisions will cost us this game, Cam's second half heroics will win us this game. Pick one.

Advertisement
I've seen video breakdowns about Cam leaving plays on the field by not seeing/hitting some of the wide open throws...

And he's doing exactly that tonight. He's being Hollywood and trying to make big plays when there's "gifts" available.
He had Restrepo AND Fletcher wide open on that last sack.

He's playing incredibly undisciplined football.

My hope was UM would get a big lead early and it would hold up as the players got tired and sloppy as the time caught up to them. I don’t think they are going to get sharper.

Advertisement
Back