The Bank (7/19)

Advertisement
Great news on Epenesa. Don’t need DBs if the QB is dead. Chess not checkers
Buddy Ryan once said “the quarterback can’t throw the ball lying on his back.”

Or something like that.

As great as the Bears defense was in their brief Super Bowl period they had an average secondary. Marino torched them in the Bears one loss to Miami. Why? Because they couldn’t get to Dan.

Advertisement
CB recruiting FML
college gameday sport GIF

Advertisement
“Pickett is begging for a logical reason to come here and the Canes need to give him one on the field.”

Season 2 Episode 7 Win GIF by Best in Miniature

Some cats ain’t falling for the rebuild. The rebuild angle is done. The talent infusion last 2.5 years is more than enough.

It’s time for the recruiting wins to translate into actual wins.
Well let’s see what this program looks like. Easy schedule. Go beat UF. Mario brought Oregon into Ohio St and crushed them. That’s how I expect the season to start.

Lsu made a hard push late to the point he was getting smoke to Lsu but as of yesterday afternoon Miami had gotten to him and reestablished themselves as the favorite. That’s why I went ahead and gave the thumbs up Friday.
Safe to say it's over with Pickett? I know MC isn't going to stop trying but is he going to LSU?

Advertisement
Be that as it may, but the guy is a top 5 coach and has proven it over and over again.

POS human and slimy AF, but i don't think kids care about that as long as they get drafted and make money.
Guy can't win an important game to save his life. Good for 9-10 wins and that's it.

Advertisement
To be fair, besides the 2001 UM team, that LSU championship squad with Joe Burrows is the best college team I’ve seen in the last 25 years. I wouldnt be surprised if that made an impact on a lot of recruits.
The 2000 UM team would beat that LSU team FWIW.

Some people say Pickett is better WR than safety. What say you?
Not @Cribby, but his highlight tape says 5 star WR before anything else to me. Maybe it’s the ratio of offense to defense on there, but I initially walked away like “Why isn’t anyone talking about jit playing receiver?”

It also says 5 star DB, but overall it says he’s a dude that(injuries aside)it would take an astronomical cluster**** to keep from being a superstar.

I know a vital part of player evaluation is projection, so likely the people who’ve seen waaay more of DJ’s game than I have walked away saying he’s a DB. But if I’m his college coach, the physical skill and production at WR would be too tempting to totally dismiss from Day 1…

Advertisement
Back