The Bank (7/19)

View as article
I don’t know if I agree and only because of the fact that our D line outside of Lewis was not there yet. But that team might have been the second best out of the teams we had in that 4 year period. And had Brock Berlin played the way he did as a senior his junior year we probably would have been in the title game also.
From a talent standpoint the 2000 team was not better than the 01, 02, or 03 team but they were tougher, they’re most of the ones that went through the mud, but with a combination of Wayne, Santana, and Ethnic Sands/very young Andre Johnson, Shockey, James Jackson/Portis I see that offense being very explosive in todays games, also with a pretty stout defense and one of the best oline’s in the country at the timé, they definitely should’ve won the ship that year, but idk I think the 2000 team could

Advertisement
I don’t know if I agree and only because of the fact that our D line outside of Lewis was not there yet. But that team might have been the second best out of the teams we had in that 4 year period. And had Brock Berlin played the way he did as a senior his junior year we probably would have been in the title game also.
Coker also handicapped Brock his junior year by limiting his snaps out of the shotgun even when it was obvious he was just much, much better out of the gun than under center.

Small add, unless I missed something. Ffrench isn’t coming to TN. I know we had him on campus a few times in spring. But since early summer I haven’t even seen his thread bumped at all. Rather him to you than Texas :)
It seems the kid is trending to a different team every couple of months so who knows where he ends up come ESD

Advertisement
Snap back to reality. talking about sh*t that happened over 20 years ago. Stay on topic. Current recruiting..............when is the last day of madness? Has it come and gone already?

Yeah I forgot about that. We should've burnt frank gores red shirt also. Larry coker was over the hill.
I agree we def should’ve. We would’ve probably won if we did. Jarrett Payton couldn’t get a yard. It was pathetic. Roscoe’s fumble after making a huge play was big too, turned it over. But then he made up for it with that big punt return which led to Siever’s game-tying fg.

Advertisement
I just saw he wants his NIL deal to have a lambo lol. What’s up with kids these days

Make the offer, make the offer!

1721835162392.webp

The talent pool here at Miami is bright under mario and seems to only be rising as we move forward. Just have to translate to wins on the field starting this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bro I wish we had someone 50% as talented as Gurley on this team
If Martinez or Fletcher ran a 4.5 then I would say it’s ok to compare them. But that’s what separates them and that’s a huge trait and an important one that changes everything. I don’t think they run that fast at the size they are.

A 230lbs back that can zoom changes a lot of things about a rb. Usually those guys get drafted in the first. Martinez is a beast though he can cut has good vision and runs behind the pads and gets low. Pause

Frank got hurt that year, that’s the reason Mcgahee (as good as he was) was the starter
You are right he tore his ACL in the spring. I forgot about that he beat out Willis in the spring for first team. If he didn't get hurt we probably win the natty but we should've won all things considered

Advertisement
Back