The Bank (5/19)

View as article
Advertisement
Not scared off. You missed the bigger part of @DMoney’s point, risk v reward. The player is not good enough (reward), that he is worth the risk, even if small. If we were talking about a top 5-10 player I guarantee you UM would be willing to take a big risk. But not for everyone.

Everything in life is risk v reward. I told this to clients every day when they “demanded” a trial regardless of the evidence against them and I explained the plea deal v the max sentence after trial.
Some cases were worth the risk, some were not. I turned down a 5 year plea deal on a murder case because we felt we could win at trial (and we did). OTOH, I recommended a 20 year prison sentence on a murder case because my client would have been convicted with a mandatory life sentence after trial.
I was not scared nor was my client. We just accurately analyzed risk v reward.

He also misses the difference between "gave up" and "backed off". There's a different Portal kid out of the 7 who visited on the same weekend that we paid to cancel another visit at another school...and that's different from what happened with Sam.

If we thought the reward was worth the risk, we would have paid him to cancel the LSU visit. We backed off a bit, but never gave up. But when Sam got a committable offer from LSU, he was gone.

We still wanted him, but not at that level.

I think people’s “little hearts” are going to be just fine. Mostly we have grown men posting here, with jobs and a life. Mostly.

f817d5e0-1f27-4b8f-b438-52a6e387450d_text.gif

Not scared off. You missed the bigger part of @DMoney’s point, risk v reward. The player is not good enough (reward), that he is worth the risk, even if small. If we were talking about a top 5-10 player I guarantee you UM would be willing to take a big risk. But not for everyone.

Everything in life is risk v reward. I told this to clients every day when they “demanded” a trial regardless of the evidence against them and I explained the plea deal v the max sentence after trial.
Some cases were worth the risk, some were not. I turned down a 5 year plea deal on a murder case because we felt we could win at trial (and we did). OTOH, I recommended a 20 year prison sentence on a murder case because my client would have been convicted with a mandatory life sentence after trial.
I was not scared nor was my client. We just accurately analyzed risk v reward.

THERE ARE MORE THAN TACKLES THAT PLAY OL!! Like what r u talking about?? If TWO OTs r scaring off guards, C’s, IOLs, then something else is going on. I gave an example of UGA, in which @DMoney said what’s the real issue, something I’ve said several times already. Winning matters! That’s all I was trying to get to.

Listen, b/c I’ve been through 3 previous regimes already, & I’ve seen the same counter arguments used during each regime, I’m not going to exhaust my time.

I’ll acquiesce.
I'm pretty sure DMoney has clarified the comment and said it related to OT. He also said we are doing very well with the top OG and C.

Advertisement
- I reported earlier today that the buzz was building between Miami and Central LB Vincent Shavers. I am able to confirm that is real and expect him in this class. He is a guy who has taken a huge leap between his junior year and spring and has blown away coaches, including Jason Taylor. Two other names to watch at LB are Keyshawn Flowers (Baltimore, MD) and Cameron Pruitt (Mobile, AL).

- Some folks at Miami felt that this past weekend was the best visit weekend they have ever been a part of. There were a lot of priority recruits on campus, but two who jump out are DT teammates David Stone and Jayden Jackson from IMG. There are a lot of combinations on how this DT class could go, but we want those two in any of those combinations. Other priority names to watch are Justin Scott (Chicago, IL), Jericho Johnson (San Francisco, CA) and Artavius Jones (Florida Panhandle), among many others.

- Miami also feels great about how the EDGE position is shaking out. They have done great work with Dylan Stewart of Washington DC (whom they view as a potential Top 5 NFL pick) and are firmly in the mix there. Other names to keep an eye on at EDGE are Marquise Lightfoot (Chicago, IL), Kamarion Franklin (Mississippi side of Memphis metro), Kendall Jackson (Gainesville, FL) and Marcus Downs (Greenville, SC), among others. Miami will take as many impact edges as they can get.

- Offensive line is down nationally and Miami’s five stars from last year are spooking some big names. Expect us to lean on evaluations. Names to know here are Top 100 prospect Isendre Ahfua (Seattle, WA), Deryc Plazz (Jacksonville, FL) , Joseph Ioanata (Clearwater, FL), Kevin Heywood (Philadelphia, PA) and Eddie Tuerk (Chicago, IL).

- Miami would love to pair Caleb Odom (Atlanta, GA) with Elija Lofton (Las Vegas, NV) at tight end and have momentum with both. Lofton in particular is a pure football player who can help at multiple spots. They just want to get him in the fold and that might happen sooner than later.

- Position versatility is something to watch with our recent transfers. Both Tyler Harrell (Alabama/Louisville transfer) and Shemar Kirk (JUCO) are guys who can play multiple spots at WR. We want to be a faster team and Harrell became a priority once we completed our process and cleared him health wise. Jadais Richard (Vandy transfer) is someone who can help at CB, nickel and S. We need big corners who can compete with FSU’s big receivers and Richard made clear he relishes that challenge.

- One transfer people are very excited about- Nebraska RB Ajay Allen. I was told he might be a “jersey guy”- as in, Canes fans might be wearing his jersey one day.

- As reported previously, Tulane’s threats regarding tampering caused Miami to cool off DB Andre Sam (Tulane transfer), who was likely to commit to Miami. The risk outweighed the reward. Ohio State’s unexpected involvement changed things with DT Tywone Malone (Ole Miss transfer). The issue with DT Kyvie Rose (Louisiana Tech transfer) was the country vs. city lifestyle.

- Miami is very much in the game for WR Jerrae Hawkins (IMG via West Virginia). They want speed.

- Miami will continue to monitor the Portal but I don’t think anything is imminent. Despite momentum earlier this week with Miami, I think Arkansas is the favorite for JUCO OL Amaury Wiggins.

- Miami loves what it has committed at safety with Isaiah Thomas (Clearwater via Canada) and Dylan Day (Baton Rouge). Day can play multiple spots and is bigger and faster than people think.

- Don’t sleep on Miami with RB Chauncey Bowens (Benjamin).
F- Ohio State

- I reported earlier today that the buzz was building between Miami and Central LB Vincent Shavers. I am able to confirm that is real and expect him in this class. He is a guy who has taken a huge leap between his junior year and spring and has blown away coaches, including Jason Taylor. Two other names to watch at LB are Keyshawn Flowers (Baltimore, MD) and Cameron Pruitt (Mobile, AL).

- Some folks at Miami felt that this past weekend was the best visit weekend they have ever been a part of. There were a lot of priority recruits on campus, but two who jump out are DT teammates David Stone and Jayden Jackson from IMG. There are a lot of combinations on how this DT class could go, but we want those two in any of those combinations. Other priority names to watch are Justin Scott (Chicago, IL), Jericho Johnson (San Francisco, CA) and Artavius Jones (Florida Panhandle), among many others.

- Miami also feels great about how the EDGE position is shaking out. They have done great work with Dylan Stewart of Washington DC (whom they view as a potential Top 5 NFL pick) and are firmly in the mix there. Other names to keep an eye on at EDGE are Marquise Lightfoot (Chicago, IL), Kamarion Franklin (Mississippi side of Memphis metro), Kendall Jackson (Gainesville, FL) and Marcus Downs (Greenville, SC), among others. Miami will take as many impact edges as they can get.

- Offensive line is down nationally and Miami’s five stars from last year are spooking some big names. Expect us to lean on evaluations. Names to know here are Top 100 prospect Isendre Ahfua (Seattle, WA), Deryc Plazz (Jacksonville, FL) , Joseph Ioanata (Clearwater, FL), Kevin Heywood (Philadelphia, PA) and Eddie Tuerk (Chicago, IL).

- Miami would love to pair Caleb Odom (Atlanta, GA) with Elija Lofton (Las Vegas, NV) at tight end and have momentum with both. Lofton in particular is a pure football player who can help at multiple spots. They just want to get him in the fold and that might happen sooner than later.

- Position versatility is something to watch with our recent transfers. Both Tyler Harrell (Alabama/Louisville transfer) and Shemar Kirk (JUCO) are guys who can play multiple spots at WR. We want to be a faster team and Harrell became a priority once we completed our process and cleared him health wise. Jadais Richard (Vandy transfer) is someone who can help at CB, nickel and S. We need big corners who can compete with FSU’s big receivers and Richard made clear he relishes that challenge.

- One transfer people are very excited about- Nebraska RB Ajay Allen. I was told he might be a “jersey guy”- as in, Canes fans might be wearing his jersey one day.

- As reported previously, Tulane’s threats regarding tampering caused Miami to cool off DB Andre Sam (Tulane transfer), who was likely to commit to Miami. The risk outweighed the reward. Ohio State’s unexpected involvement changed things with DT Tywone Malone (Ole Miss transfer). The issue with DT Kyvie Rose (Louisiana Tech transfer) was the country vs. city lifestyle.

- Miami is very much in the game for WR Jerrae Hawkins (IMG via West Virginia). They want speed.

- Miami will continue to monitor the Portal but I don’t think anything is imminent. Despite momentum earlier this week with Miami, I think Arkansas is the favorite for JUCO OL Amaury Wiggins.

- Miami loves what it has committed at safety with Isaiah Thomas (Clearwater via Canada) and Dylan Day (Baton Rouge). Day can play multiple spots and is bigger and faster than people think.

- Don’t sleep on Miami with RB Chauncey Bowens (Benjamin).
I missed the Andre Sam deal.

So we were tampering and L$U was just showing love and “testing the waters”?

What’s our pitch?? Last time I checked, the OL consisted of 5 OLman, not just two. So there’s still plenty of playing time to be had across the OL.

-How about u sell Mario being a premiere developer at their position, & you milk the chit out Penei Sewell

-How about you sell the NIL opportunities

-How about u sell the vision of the program, & continue to highlight all of the future endeavors that will make being a student athlete here memorable, since they will be known as the foundation of bringing back an elite program.
..& you think they’re NOT doing that??

Advertisement
Advertisement
i swear i said the same thing an its hilarious.

But like i said it shows how scary/p*ssy our compliance/admin is.
Couldn't agree more.

I seriously somehow missed this drama unlike you, but that is the first thing I thought of when I realized he committed to L$U and the talk has died down..lol

Advertisement
Yeah it might sound absurd. Im just noticing the offers they been putting out recently when in the past it was just who's who in recruiting they would offer. Im not stating it as fact though.
Bama has historically one of the schools that dishes out the most offers every year by a wide margin. Majority of those offers are obviously not commitable.

Thanks for sharing. That is wild. I never would have thought that Columbus and St. Brendan's could both have football teams inside that same property.
Question, is St. Brendan's any good at Football?
They've done ok in their division, especially considering its a new program. IIRC their coach or staff have a lot of connections to youth football. They tend to recruit the kids earlier in 9th and 10th grade. Then if they're stars they transfer to Columbus. Some of the Columbus upper classman that have been recruited over have transferred over to St. Brendan.

Selling 2 Nat’l Titles, huh?

OK, then riddle me this:

What were they selling in 2017-2019 when they signed Wilson, Thomas, Slayer, Mays, Webb along the OL?
Well, they had a run of 5 or 6 bowl wins, including Sugar & Rose. Believe they won string of SEC East titles beginning in 2017. They were already putting guys in NFL under Richt. Bulldog faithful was revved up by Kirby Smart, former Dawg All-American who learned alongside Saban at Bama. Packed stadium, potential to play for titles & a fan base aching to get over the top. Add in a majority of players being in-state. Times are better now, but the 2017-19 sales pitch was ok.

Advertisement
Back